All States Baseball Tournament; Concept Series

GriffinM6

I'd use a different script font if I were you this one is a bit hard to read, also Mississippi doesn't have the state flag patch on it's sleeve like the other teams do.

I think it's just cause you didn't click on the image to enlarge it. Once you do that, it won't be that hard to read. Also I stated in the first post that I wouldn't include the state flag on some(mostly the states that have the rebel flag on their flags).

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd use a different script font if I were you this one is a bit hard to read, also Mississippi doesn't have the state flag patch on it's sleeve like the other teams do.

I think it's just cause you didn't click on the image to enlarge it. Once you do that, it won't be that hard to read. Also I stated in the first post that I wouldn't include the state flag on some(mostly the states that have the rebel flag on their flags).

Just because it has the rebel flag on it doesn't mean it shouldn't be included IMHO. Its still the state flag... lol

Some of my C & C- GA needs more red, since 4 major teams (UGA, Falcons, Braves, and Hawks) use it, and it's a color heavily used on the flag. South Carolina needs the Palmetto and Moon on the hat, as you cannot go anywhere in the state and not see it. Mississippi looks good, as it's unique.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Some of my C & C- GA needs more red, since 4 major teams (UGA, Falcons, Braves, and Hawks) use it, and it's a color heavily used on the flag. South Carolina needs the Palmetto and Moon on the hat, as you cannot go anywhere in the state and not see it. Mississippi looks good, as it's unique.

The reason I didn't use red on Georgia is because I really thought that they would give me a good opportunity to use peach, which is quite unique. As for Carolina, I tried using both on the hat, but it made the combo look very small, so I stuck with just the Palmetto.

Up next is Alabama. This is the first team feature a colored jersey. On the home you can see a sublimated flag pattern if you look closely. The road is a standard colored jersey with a silver script like the Mets' road alts.

2806ul0.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Well apparently Alabama wasn't that exciting to most folks. No worries however, because I have the last team i the South East to present to you guys.

Florida was really fun to do. You gotta go kinda crazy with them, because that's the way the state it is. I chose the Miami Hurricanes color scheme, and used some Astros inspired striping hope y'all like it!

5vu3p2.jpg

Next region coming up is the North East.

spacer.png

Florida is unique; I like it.

For Alabama, I don't know that I would go with BAMA on the road uniform. With your choice of using red and white (which makes sense because of the flag), I would try to distance yourself further from making it look like it is a Crimson Tide uniform. I live in Alabama and I have never heard anyone refer to the state as Bama, but I have heard plenty of people refer to the Crimson Tide as Bama. I think Auburn fans wouldn't be too happy with this.

I would also like to see a peach colored Georgia jersey, and I agree with GoGamecocks29, the palmetto needs the moon for South Carolina. Would you need to shrink the palmetto to add the moon? Couldn't it just be higher up?

award%20sig.png

UPDATES!!!

Georgia road uniform is now peach.

5pve8.jpg

Carolina hat features palmetto moon and SC monogram to keep from having a lot of negative space under the moon.

hv8mc5.jpg

Alabama road says "Alabama" on it now instead of "Bama".

2e67nsy.jpg

spacer.png

All of these updates are downgrades, in my opinion. BAMA on the road was unique enough that I thought it worked really well. And the South Carolina hat is now way to cluttered. It would look fine without the SC. And for Florida, I would switch the sleeve gradient on the home, and maybe road to keep it consistent.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Alrighty. Time for the North East. First off is Massachusetts. I wanted to keep them simple, so I used the shield from the state flag, and made them similar to the late 50's Reds uniforms.

o5zz87.jpg

Maine is up next.

spacer.png

I feel it needs a "Massachusetts" script of word mark, just because it doesn't scream Massachusetts to me. If I didn't know that's what the flag looked like (i didn't) id have no idea what team it was.

Wow, you're right. Here's an update with "Mass" across the front. This is the only thing that could fit and make sense, and I think it looks nice as well.

2lk6utv.jpg

spacer.png

Mass would look cooler with pinstripes. Since ya know, old teams use them like the Yankees. And pinstripes look cool.

A team from mass wouldn't want to look like the yankees
I was more referring to the fact that Mass is an older state, and I was giving the Yankees as an example. Another team could be the Twins, if that's any better.

That's what- She

Mass would look cooler with pinstripes. Since ya know, old teams use them like the Yankees. And pinstripes look cool.

A team from mass wouldn't want to look like the yankees
I was more referring to the fact that Mass is an older state, and I was giving the Yankees as an example. Another team could be the Twins, if that's any better.
I get what you're saying. I'm gonna save the pinstripes for NY and maybe another team or two however.

spacer.png

Here is the Maine team(pun intended). Maine is the pine tree state, so I took the pine tree from the New England flag, and took the greens from it as well.

234fvt.jpg

Next up is New Hampshire, which should have one of the more interesting color schemes in this series.

spacer.png

Archived