All States Baseball Tournament; Concept Series

GriffinM6

Maine isn't bad, but I'd like to see some navy blue worked in there. Our state flag doesn't have much green in it. The University of Maine uses navy and powder blue which are both in the flag.

1024px-Maine_state_flag.png

mainescarf.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now present to you New Hampshire. Like I stated before, this is going to be one of the more unique color schemes. The red actually comes from the state bird, which is a Purple Finch. The purple comes from the state flower which is the Purple Lilac. As you can see, the Finch is actually red and not purple.

purple_finch_10.jpgbeautiful-lilac-flowers.jpg

And now onto the uniforms.

scqd4z.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I now present to you New Hampshire. Like I stated before, this is going to be one of the more unique color schemes. The red actually comes from the state bird, which is a Purple Finch. The purple comes from the state flower which is the Purple Lilac. As you can see, the Finch is actually red and not purple.

scqd4z.jpg

Holy colors Batman! This looks really good.

That's what- She

scqd4z.jpg

This is really really good!!!!!! :woot:

yUTIIqk.png

For Rhode Island perhaps you could go all out Seattle Pilots style and bring back a powder blue road combo?

I'm going to agree with what others have said, I'd focus more on using symbols (i.e Evergreen Tree for Washington, Anchor or Rhode Island) instead of just using generic fonts and hat logos. Its really killing this idea imho.

The jerseys themselves are missing sleeve patches too :)

I'm really enjoying all of these concepts; they're clean, simplistic, and they utilize appropriate and unique color schemes. I do agree, however, that they could use some variation as far as cap logos are concerned, and maybe add some pinstripes now and then (they'd go great with Rhode Island). Also, it'd be nice to see a colored top now and again as well, if not as an alternate than in lieu of the home white or road grey jersey as many NCAA baseball teams do.

Other than that, not much to complain at all; these are really likeable and realistic concepts with a decent amount of state-specific charm. :)

25yzwqg.png

Alright guys. Here's the update to Rhode Island. While I tried to fit the anchor into the hat, it just didn't look right, and also I'm a big fan on the cap logo as it is right now. Instead I incorporated the anchor into the wordmark like the Seattle Mariners. The flag is now included on the sleeves as well. And to top it off, the road uniform is now seafoam blue.

2m01c821srfkt03hcssg585ej.gif

5cna1h.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Well hopefully we can get some C&C on the RI update, but for now I'm gonna release the final North East team, Vermont. Being nicknamed the Green Mountain State, I figured "Why not use green"? I had already made Maine when I did this, but I found a way to make the two different. I simply used a forest green and white scheme, and made them look like a classic 1930's MLB team. The best part about this set IMO is the cotton looking fabric on the away.

rbdxki.jpg

Next region is the North West.

spacer.png

Well hopefully we can get some C&C on the RI update, but for now I'm gonna release the final North East team, Vermont. Being nicknamed the Green Mountain State, I figured "Why not use green"? I had already made Maine when I did this, but I found a way to make the two different. I simply used a forest green and white scheme, and made them look like a classic 1930's MLB team. The best part about this set IMO is the cotton looking fabric on the away.

rbdxki.jpg

I thought you were doing New England, what happened to Connecticut?

rbdxki.jpg

I thought you were doing New England, what happened to Connecticut?
I was doing the North East region. Look at the first post and read the premise of the whole series, then you'll see why Connecticut isn't in this region.

spacer.png

Archived