Nike NBA Collection By Moom ( Oklahoma City Thunder Third 7/25 )

Moom

Aloha. ITT i'll post some Nike NBA concepts i'm working on, all done in the distinct nike style.

Charlotte Hornets Home :

For this one, I wanted to try out a revival of the 90's "Big Logo Shorts". Its a WIP. CC welcome.

Please enlarge for detail!

fs8iQNq.jpg

Detail:

j6p3eOM.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your teal color is off, its more a sea foam green. also the subtle honey comb pattern really does not work. also I'm not going to repeat myself about what is wrong with your template from the last thread.

Hey thanks for the persistence. Sticking with the template for a bit, though.

The colors are a personal choice. Conscious decision. Hows the honeycomb not 'work'?

Cheers

Love it. Unique template, keep it up!

Cheers, mate. Drop a request if you have one, most will be rebrands.

Love the simplicity and the subtle detail! Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Cheers, same as above, request away if you have it.

its way too subtle, and with it being the only design element, having it be subtle doesn't work, if the honey comb was in a stripe and was still subtle it would work better, or if it was more visible it would work better. part of sport design is being able to see things from a distance, not being able to only see something if you are in a close up shot of it.

its way too subtle, and with it being the only design element, having it be subtle doesn't work, if the honey comb was in a stripe and was still subtle it would work better, or if it was more visible it would work better. part of sport design is being able to see things from a distance, not being able to only see something if you are in a close up shot of it.

I think you're taking both of my threads too seriously. These aren't meant to be traditional like the kits you're used to seeing. I don't think any of my work can be appreciated or respected fully if your analytic process is comparing it to modern NBA kits, which are substantially traditional ( stripes down the side, triple layer fonts, you get it etc. )

Cheers again, nonetheless. I feel its pretty visible. Its white, there's just a bit of green, but the right amount to keep it a one color kit. I think if its visible from a thumbnail pic similar to the one I posted, it'll be legible in a picture from a game, no problem.

so pretty much what you are saying is you don't care about improving your designs. I'm done trying to help you if thats your attitude.

Mate.. You're not quite picking up what i'm putting down. Its not that I don't value your input, its just that its not valuable to what i'm trying to accomplish, which is a 'different' look to the NBA. If you recommend changing things to adhere to traditional NBA uni standards, it will be respected, but not exactly considered.

Nonetheless, if you choose to not care, then frankly I don't care. Stay gold.

reminds me of the new usa uniforms

It does! I'm guilty of being inspired by them, quite love the look.

Like the patterns inside the honeycomb pattern. That and the solid purple lettering match real well. But... You just have to have it as the standard teal. I love the scheme by itself, but in context with the team, it doesn't work.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Heres a really simple minimalist one thats again, a WIP. Number placement is an issue, though it might work right under the 'RS' as with traditional Spurs number placement. This ones inspired by the old San Antonio jerseys, the Gervin-y ones.

Spurs Change Kit

Please click for detail on the cuffs and such.

MfM7vly.png

The hornets jersey is good in theory, but I have to agree the 'teal' is way off (unless you are trying to rebrand to a seafoam green). The detail inside the pattern is spot on tho. I have to agree unique templaye, but would work better if paired with a flat template as well (you'd probably get more responses too!).

Spurs is sleek and simple, I like it.

Heres a really simple minimalist one thats again, a WIP. Number placement is an issue, though it might work right under the 'RS' as with traditional Spurs number placement. This ones inspired by the old San Antonio jerseys, the Gervin-y ones.

Spurs Change Kit

MfM7vly.png

This is a beautiful basketball jersey. You should've continued the shorts stripe to the waistband, but it's great anyways.

The design of the Hornets jersey is also great. But I also think that you should've used the real Hornets teal.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Spurs Change Kit

MfM7vly.png

This is a beautiful basketball jersey. You should've continued the shorts stripe to the waistband, but it's great anyways.

The design of the Hornets jersey is also great. But I also think that you should've used the real Hornets teal.

Cheers for the feedback, will continue it onto the waist band in my next one featuring the stripes!

Interesting take. I actually like the template and I like the more radical approach when it's executed well.

The mint color goes well with the purple and has been a trendy color as of late. It'd be unique in sports but similarly to teal, the fad will eventually fade out so it will not be as timeless as more traditional colors.

I really like that Spurs set. I know you mentioned you had a hard time with number placement for the Spurs but I'd still like to see a number plastered somewhere on there.

Both uniforms look clean and Nike-esque to me so I'd say job well done so far for what you were trying to accomplish. I also wouldn't mind seeing home/away/alternate sets for teams if you feel like it or have the time. If you're doing requests, I'd like to see your take on the OKC Thunder.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived