North Florida new logos

Brave-Bird 08

The new osprey head is a definite upgrade over the original, but I still don't like it. With a unique name like Ospreys, I think they deserve something a little less generic. Seeing that logo out of context just makes me think Eagles or Hawks or any other run-of the-mill bird logo.

Does anybody know what this logo looks like on a dark background? They'd have to add a more complete white outline around it.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm not a fan of that font. The serifs seem like they're pointing backwards, fighting me as I'm reading forwards. The osprey is a big upgrade, though. The tweaks to the lines around the eyes make it look much more fierce and determined. They missed a big opportunity by not having the osprey coming out from behind the UNF as a logo, in my opinion.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Somebody vectorize this:

wild-creature-8.jpg

Osprey are pretty unique birds and visually they kind of look like Owl-Eagles. Side note - I wish that some team would adopt a distant Osprey cousin - the Secretary Bird - as a mascot. They're impressive creatures.

220px-Secretary_Bird_with_open_beak.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm glad they cleaned up the Osprey, doesn't look like a bad cartoon anymore....buttttttt they really should of already gone with a different style wordmark. I mean, West Florida uses the same damn style.

hdr_argo.png

That would require hiring a different design firm.

Man, how many directional Florida schools are there?

Not nearly as many as there are in Missouri.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived