2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Now that we are 13 days away from the Hall of Fame game between the Buffalo Bills and the New York Giants, I thought I'd take the initiative to fire up the uniform match-up combos for the upcoming 2014 season.

For starters, there are two confirmations:

Broncos to wear navy blue vs. the 49ers http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26153263/broncos-wear-alternate-blue-uniforms-week-7-at-home-prime-time-vs-niners

Texans to wear white at home vs. the Redskins, will wear "Battle Red" vs. the Eagles http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Texans-announce-2014-home-game-themes/deff24af-d07e-4cac-ad17-8dcf5fb3cdd3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlike the previous posts regarding the Broncos, Texans and Giants (which are confirmations), THIS POST IS SPECULATION AND PREDICTIONS ONLY:

• Arizona Cardinals: Likely to wear the alternate black jerseys against the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 8 (leading into Halloween), and against the St. Louis Rams in Week 10.
  • Atlanta Falcons: According to this thread, there are rumors that owner Arthur Black is planning for the team to bring back the alternate black jerseys (that used to be the primary home jersey in 2003 and 2004) for the upcoming 2014 season, especially since the NFL's helmet rules that were implemented last year prohibit the use of alternate helmets.
  • Baltimore Ravens: Usually wear their alternate black jerseys for select prime-time and late-season home games. Their only home prime-time game (excluding flex-games) is the Thursday night game vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 2, and the Ravens usually like to wear black vs. the Steelers. The other black-jersey game for the Ravens is likely to occur vs. the San Diego Chargers in Week 13.
  • Buffalo Bills: Anyone's guess as to when the team will wear white at home.
  • Carolina Panthers: Likely to wear their alternate "Carolina Blue" jerseys in the heat at Tampa Bay in Week 1 (September 7).
  • Chicago Bears: Anyone's guess as to if/when they will wear their throwback 1940s jerseys.
  • Cincinnati Bengals: Likely to wear white at home for either or both of their first two home games — vs. the Atlanta Falcons and/or the Tennessee Titans. Anyone's guess as to when the team will wear the alternate orange jerseys, though I'm guessing that Week 8 vs. the Baltimore Ravens will be one of them.
  • Dallas Cowboys: Due to the NFL's prohibition of alternate helmets, I'm guessing that they will once again wear the dark blue jerseys on Thanksgiving (Week 13) vs. the Philadelphia Eagles. The Tennessee Titans, the Cowboys' Week 2 opponent, will likely force the Cowboys to wear their dark blue jerseys as the visiting team.
  • Green Bay Packers: Anyone's guess as to when the team will wear their throwback navy & gold jerseys. The Packers can circumvent the NFL's prohibition of alternate helmets by peeling off the "G" logo.
  • Jacksonville Jaguars, New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Usually wear white at home for up to the first half of the season. Anyone's guess as to when the Eagles and Jaguars will wear their alternate black and teal jerseys, respectively.
  • Miami Dolphins: Only wear their aqua green jerseys for prime-time home games or if their opponent wears white at home. The Dolphins host the Buffalo Bills on Thursday night in Week 11 (November 13).
  • St. Louis Rams: Anyone's guess as to when the team will wear white at home.
  • San Diego Chargers: Usually wear white for all September home games. Usually wear their powder blue jerseys for prime-time or late-season home games. The team's only prime-time game (excluding flex-games) is vs. the New England Patriots on SNF in Week 14. Anyone's guess as to what will be the team's other powder blue-jersey game.
  • Seattle Seahawks: Anyone's guess as to when the team will wear their alternate "wolf grey" uniforms.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Usually wear white for up to the first half of their home schedule.
  • Tennessee Titans: For their first home game (Week 2), likely to force the Dallas Cowboys to wear their dark blue jerseys.

I believe I heard the eagles will be wearing white at home this season like the cowboys and dolphins

If true, then bad idea IMO. White at home is not football to me. I know Dallas has been doing it for years now but still it's still strange to me. Besides the all white look for the Eagles is terrible.

OK, training camps are opening and the HOF game is right around the corner... So let's get this going with some actual combos.

Remember any combos posted prior to the game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

2014 Hall of Fame Game

Giants @ Bills

yM6TN.jpgV4kW8ik.jpg

OK, training camps are opening and the HOF game is right around the corner... So let's get this going with some actual combos.
Remember any combos posted prior to the game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.
2014 Hall of Fame Game
Giants @ Bills
yM6TN.jpgKeq79Q6.jpg

That's gonna be a beautiful game to watch.

I believe I heard the eagles will be wearing white at home this season like the cowboys and dolphins

Haven't heard that at all. Against Jacksonville and Washington, yeah. Maybe even St. Louis, but that's it

If I remember, normally they would wear white twice to start the season, blue twice after, and the black for the last four home games. A little change with that this year

I'd guess they'll be wearing the blue jerseys in week 1 in Tampa. Which they've done before. That will be their 2nd blue jersey game.

So there is no change this year.

This just in: all teams will wear pink accessories for too many games.

I do agree! :D

That Rams throwback vs. 49ers game will look great, the way that matchup should always look.

Hopefully the Steelers will do SOMETHING with their regular helmets when they wear the prison suits...a plain black helmet would look far better than just wearing their normal helmets with a throwback. It just looks lazy,...and bad.

87Redskins.png

The reverse of what they did when navy was the primary color--they always wore Titans blue vs the Texans. Now that Titans blue is primary, they are wearing navy vs Houston.

The blue jerseys need to be used more than once for the Panthers.

Why don't they make them the primaries, then the blacks could be alternates. I wonder if their game vs the Saints in Charlotte will be their "black-out" game.

Now that we are 13 days away from the Hall of Fame game between the Buffalo Bills and the New York Giants, I thought I'd take the initiative to fire up the uniform match-up combos for the upcoming 2014 season.

• The Houston Texans announced their home game themes for the 2014 season. The team will wear white vs. the Washington Redskins in Week 1 (September 7), and will wear the "Battle Red" jerseys vs. the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 9 (November 2). Additionally, the Texans will most certainly be forced to wear their colored (navy blue) jerseys at Dallas in Week 5 (October 5). So, there are three games in which the Texans will wear something other than navy blue at home and white on the road.

Seems like the Texans are going to stick with colors at home except for the season opener for years to come. They used to wear white at home for the preseason and the first few regular season games, before wearing colors the rest of the way. I also have noticed they have stopped wearing red for their home games vs Jacksonville.

Another prediction--the Rams, just like they did vs the 49ers last year, will go all-white vs the Cowboys at home in week 3.

Archived