2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

OK, training camps are opening and the HOF game is right around the corner... So let's get this going with some actual combos.
Remember any combos posted prior to the game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.
2014 Hall of Fame Game
Giants @ Bills
yM6TN.jpgKeq79Q6.jpg

Couple things I noticed...

Buffalo's jersey does not have the Swoosh on its left (our right) sleeve.

And wasn't Nike going to change the Swoosh so it faced the same direction on both sleeves, instead of mirror images?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the no- alternate helmet policy, why don't teams just paint their helmets a certain color (example: white for cowboys thanksgiving unis) and put the alternate helmet decal on for the game, and then paint them the regular color and put on the correct decal for the following week? Also, how come players can't have multiple helmets, but Tom Brady can change his helmet in the middle of a game because his headset wasn't working?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

About the no- alternate helmet policy, why don't teams just paint their helmets a certain color (example: white for cowboys thanksgiving unis) and put the alternate helmet decal on for the game, and then paint them the regular color and put on the correct decal for the following week? Also, how come players can't have multiple helmets, but Tom Brady can change his helmet in the middle of a game because his headset wasn't working?

Because he's a football god. He can do no wrong.

Because he's a football god. He can do no wrong.

Very true.

Also, all these paint jobs is just more money being spent, more work for equipment managers. I mean, consider alternates and throwbacks a privilege. The league can operate with every team with one home and road set. It all depends on money.

Go A's!

About the no- alternate helmet policy, why don't teams just paint their helmets a certain color (example: white for cowboys thanksgiving unis) and put the alternate helmet decal on for the game, and then paint them the regular color and put on the correct decal for the following week?

Because they obviously don't think wearing alternate helmets is important enough to go to that much trouble.

Most of the world does not frequent this website, and would think that our obsessions with these things are pretty silly.

Players that have the telecommunications devices in their helmets are allowed to have backups in case of failure.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I believe I heard the eagles will be wearing white at home this season like the cowboys and dolphins

If true, then bad idea IMO. White at home is not football to me. I know Dallas has been doing it for years now but still it's still strange to me. Besides the all white look for the Eagles is terrible.

I think the NFL needs a uniform policy that beginning in week 7 that ALL NFL teams must wear the color jerseys at home, and the visiting teams wear white. Yes, that includes Dallas and Miami in the mix as well. Week 1-6 home team has the option to wear white or colored jerseys because of the heat and humidity, but from Week 7 on mandatory color jerseys for the home team and white jerseys for the away team. Fair enough.

I believe I heard the eagles will be wearing white at home this season like the cowboys and dolphins

Not for the entire season, I can't see that. No way no how. They'll wear the white early in the season at home, but once October hits, they usually go to the awful putrid disgusting midnight green that the owner seems to love love love.

Here's a question for anyone who knows: will the Redskins be changing anything about the uniforms this year? Jay Gruden is the coach now and he may want to change something about the uniforms. Most coaches the Redskins bring in change at least one aspect of the Redskins' uniforms, ranging from Lombardi and the Packer-like look, Gibbs having the team wear white jerseys at home or Shanahan bringing in the gold pants. Gruden or the organization itself may have changes in mind, but I haven't heard anything.

Here's a question for anyone who knows: will the Redskins be changing anything about the uniforms this year? Jay Gruden is the coach now and he may want to change something about the uniforms. Most coaches the Redskins bring in change at least one aspect of the Redskins' uniforms, ranging from Lombardi and the Packer-like look, Gibbs having the team wear white jerseys at home or Shanahan bringing in the gold pants. Gruden or the organization itself may have changes in mind, but I haven't heard anything.

Shanny did re-institute burgundy jerseys full time, except maybe for one pre-season game.

Hi guys.

Had some free time from over at GUD and thought I'd stop by.

Great thread.

There's one more I'd like to add, but for the life of me I can't remember where I read it.

I read that the Bears plan to wear the 1940s throwbacks again at home versus Green Bay (9/28) and Tampa Bay (11/23).

If I remember where I found it, I'll come back and add the link.

I dont know if you usually include patches in this thread, but if so you can throw this patch on giants jerseys this year.

tempphoto-2--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?widt

In order to not have to remake graphics every year I do not add anniversary patches. The purpose of the thread is just to convey the combos (jersey color, pant color, helmet, socks and shoes) used by each team in each match-up for the season.

Archived