2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White on white is definitely my favorite current Rams combo. The thick gold stripe looks great and the blue pants really need the stripe to be gold. But it's still disappointing that they don't wear gold pants anymore.

Hopefully they bring back the metallic gold pants or throwbacks when they return to LA in 2015 and become the Los Angeles Rams again ....

I'm not saying this to offend any Rams fans in Missouri or Western Illinois, I really do believe they're returning, and they're the one team that makes perfect sense to make the LA move.

I'd love to see them return the logo to where the ram horns on the helmet are more angular in the front of the helmet like in the late 60s and early 70s

roman_gabriel_1970_09_27.jpg

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 9 (Part 1) BYES: Bears, Bills, Falcons, Lions, Packers, Titans

Saints @ Panthers

g05bW.jpgNom5Z.jpg

Buccaneers @ Browns

eqgr1S1.pngZOTQZ.jpg

Cardinals @ Cowboys

jCg7q.jpgmAmxu.jpg

Eagles @ Texans

W6BO6mg.jpgm9jkE.jpg

Jets @ Chiefs

kBxjU.jpgvfktl.jpg

Anything new on the Redskins/State of Minnesota kerfuffle?

Anything new on the Redskins/State of Minnesota kerfuffle?

huh?

He's referring to the Univ of Minnesota being pressured by some members of the local Native-American community by requesting that the Vikings control that the 'Redskins' nickname not be mentioned on the stadium scoreboard this Sunday and they had also asked the Vikings to pressure the Redskins to wear their out-of-production throwbacks because the Washington nickname and logo are regarded as offensive by some in the Native American community.

Members of the Native American community which is one of the sponsors of Univ of Minnesota and their stadium that the Vikes are renting while their new stadium is being built apparently want the Redskins to wear not the current throwbacks, but a prior version with white shirts and yellow helmets containing an “R” as the logo, which I believe is their 75th year anniversary edition which I had stated are no longer in production. NFL rules permit all clubs to have a maximum of 3 jerseys including one alternate but the Washington Redskins alternate is burgundy w/ gold letters with a Native American logo on the upper sleeves. They're no longer white jerseys like they wore for their 75th year anniversary season.

The Native American group wants Washington to wear the ones pasted below.

This story developed in mid-summer but has been relatively quiet since then, most likely because Daniel Snyder is standing firm in his refusal to change their nickname and logo like Miami of Ohio, St Johns, and some other college teams have done in the past.

Redskins_vs_Giants_line_of_scrimmage_thr

^ I do like the "Washington Red Packers" look.

Funny you say that, because Vince Lombardi was the one who created them during his one season as Redskins coach. He was already gone by the time they had their debut.

Archived