2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This red over white should be Houston's primary look. Works great with navy helmet.

Agreed. They look more unique in red. Also sets them apart a bit from their Texas counterpart.

I wholeheartedly agree as well. The Texans always seemed more of a red team to me anyways.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

They didn't match but I was surprised how well it looked despite two logos.

ap-chargers-redskins-football-1024x682.j

I was very surprised by how much I like the plain lids with the logo on the sides. I think that should be their everyday helmet. I’ve always thought the yellow face mask with the intricate logo plus five stripes created something of a visual overload. Far too busy. Simply eliminating the stripes solves that problem and creates a really sharp look.

Also, drop the yellow pants, go back to the classic white and burgundy pants from the heydays, and move the TV numbers to the shoulders so they can go back to thick 80's style sleeve stripes. I'm gonna do a concept.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Giants look amazing in white pants.

Came here to post this.

The gray pants should be burned after how good they looked in white.

Fully agreed. Those gray pants just make the uniform look outdated to me. Not a classic look that is still strong, just old and in need of an update. The white pants look so much better.

Came here to post this.

And I came just to post the opposite. To me, they look so generic in white pants. The Giants standard home and road are not to be messed with.

I am fine with the white pants on 1-2 occasions a season, but they should never be worn when the opposing team is in white pants.

spacer.png

Came here to post this.

And I came just to post the opposite. To me, they look so generic in white pants. The Giants standard home and road are not to be messed with.

The Road set needs blue somewhere in the jerseys.

The Cowboys and Jags are supposed to wear poppies on their jerseys.

People wearing poppies has always been a symbol and traditional thing in the days leading up to Armistice Day on 11th of November each year in the UK and Canada.

The US faded from that in the mid 50s and renamed it 'Veterans Day' and you no longer see the poppies.

In England they have it sewn right into their football kits and I would I expect it to look something like this on Sunday,

Tottenham+Hotspur+v+Sunderland+Premier+L

The Road set needs blue somewhere in the jerseys.

No they don't, and I don't believe they want to. They wanted their uni's to go back in time from the late 50s, early 60s look upon their uniform change in 2000.

When the Giants went back to their traditional look, the road jersey was not genuine to how they looked in that time frame. If you'll remember the numbers had blue shadows and the nobs were blue on the white road jerseys. After their 5-year run completed upon the conclusion of the 2004 season they switched to the all-red on the white road jersey to make it authentic to that late 50s - early 60s time frame.

Their current uniform set is now extremely authentic to the time-period.

Came here to post this.

osv, it seems I agree with you 99% of the time. This must be the 1%, because the gray pants just look old and dingy, like they were white pants that wouldn't come clean. As for the rest of their look, the white/red road jerseys need blue on them. They don't blend with the pants and helmet at all.

This Browns / Bengals match up is turning out to be a real visual crap-fest. The Bengals go monochrome on the same night the Browns break out those ridiculously ugly all-brown knickers? Nasty.

Cleveland only has a small handful of games left before they (most likely) ruin their classic look... why not try to look decent in the meantime?

I believe that was the first game in NFL history in which a team wearing brown pants played a team wearing black pants. Wow.

Anyway, I wish some teams would see the light and bring back certain uniform parts...like the Browns' orange pants, the Rams' gold pants, or just general sanity in the case of the Jaguars. I still can't believe the NFL approved that two-tone helmet, which doesn't even look as good as most college teams which have done the same thing. It looks like the equipment manager just grabbed a can of matte black spray paint and went to work.

Wonder if the Rams will bring back their awesome 70s-90s uniforms if they move back to LA?

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Cleveland only has a small handful of games left before they (most likely) ruin their classic look... why not try to look decent in the meantime?

Maybe unlike you, they think they look better in their modern solid brown britches?

The "classic" Browns uniforms are about dead and buried (thank goodness). Some of us are happy to see them put in the dumpster and some progressive uses of brown, orange and grey implemented into a football uniform. The 1972 threads should have gone long ago.

Wonder if the Rams will bring back their awesome 70s-90s uniforms if they move back to LA?

Doubt it, because they changed in the first place in the late 90's because those "awesome" uniforms weren't so awesome anymore. More like dated.

They could go back to royal blue and yellow. But in a more new era type of football uniform.

Archived