2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Giants white pants makes all the difference in the world

tempAP804690211103_0--nfl_mezz_1280_1024

Absolutely true. They go from one of the best uniforms in the NFL to one of the dullest.

Why are threy still wearing those? Burn them.

Agreed. I like the grey pants. I also like the white away jerseys with red numbers and stripes.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely true. They go from one of the best uniforms in the NFL to one of the dullest.

Agreed. I like the grey pants. I also like the white away jerseys with red numbers and stripes.

I completely disagree. The white pants should go back to full time. The Giants identity is a mess. They have no red on the blue jersey, no blue on the white jersey, they are inconsistent all the way through. The Giants are one team with classic uniforms I don't like.

I completely disagree. The white pants should go back to full time. The Giants identity is a mess. They have no red on the blue jersey, no blue on the white jersey, they are inconsistent all the way through. The Giants are one team with classic uniforms I don't like.

I think it would make a world of difference on their blue jersey if they added white stripes on the sleeves kind of like the red stripes they have on the sleeves of their white jerseys. Yes the white pants look better.

No, no, no. Those white pants with their blue jerseys are fantastic. However, I'd hate to see them wear the white pants with their white jersey. That'd look pretty bad.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

No, no, no. Those white pants with their blue jerseys are fantastic. However, I'd hate to see them wear the white pants with their white jersey. That'd look pretty bad.

It'd look good if they changed the away jersey shoulder stripe to match the pants.

I prefer the Packers wearing brown helmets with their throwbacks than their current helmet with no decals.

Thanks to the stupid new helmet rule, that won't happen. I must admit the Packers throwback set has grown on me a bit. It doesn't seem nearly as bad as it used to but I still wouldn't want to see it more than 1 time per year.

The Packers throwback was slightly more accurate when they wore the brown helmet (I say "slightly" because its debatable as to how well a glossy plastic brown helmet with a gray mask represents a brown leather helmet with no mask), but you can argue its more aesthetically unified with the gold helmet, which matches the gold circle.

I don't think its that big of a deal the helmets don't match a throwback from pre-WWII. No helmet really would. Even Washington's faux-leather helmet was only kind of faking it. If an NFL team wanted to go all the way, like Texas A & M did recently, that would be worth trying, but I don't really miss GB's shiney brown helmet. Switch to a gray or navy mask on the gold helmet, and I really like that uniform.

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 12 (Part 1) BYES: Panthers, Steelers

Chiefs @ Raiders

hiKKm.jpgnllV0kc.jpg

Browns @ Falcons

PmrMJXj.jpg?1ivM4G.jpg

Titans @ Eagles

eUjA7.jpgY9FRtI6.jpg

Lions @ Patriots

31Ffm.jpgTDqKm.jpg

Packers @ Vikings

MbVBw48.jpgPIMFz7J.jpg

This is one of those rare occasions that I actually agree with you. They need to burn those white pants and stick with the gray because it is a solid and beautiful look.

spacer.png

Assuming the Dolphins stick with the aqua bottoms this week, the Miami Denver game will be the best-looking game of the week

Yeesh... really? In a week with the Raider/Chiefs, the Redskins/Cowboys, Vikings/Packers... hell, even the Cowboys/Giants will look nice (assuming the Giants wear gray pants) the Dolphins v Broncos will be one of the bottom uniform match ups.

Yeesh... really? In a week with the Raider/Chiefs, the Redskins/Cowboys, Vikings/Packers... hell, even the Cowboys/Giants will look nice (assuming the Giants wear gray pants) the Dolphins v Broncos will be one of the bottom uniform match ups.

Good Lord...Redskins/Cowboys is always the biggest cluster*** of uniform design.

And IMO - anything with the Packers in it looks like crap.

It's all opinions in the end.

ColorWerx is right about the opinion thing. The only fact in this thread ever is what was actually worn everything else is opinion and no one person's is more right or wrong than the next. It is all a matter of personal preference. I for one am a traditionalist. I like classic looks as I think most modern design become way too dated too quickly. Yes classic looks are dated too but if they really never change they become timeless. Teams that go for "modern" looks then turn and change again and again and again so no single look ever really becomes timeless or associated with the organization.

A great example a a timeless look is the Yankees. Even though I hate the team their look is timeless and classic.

And a good example of a team that modernized but now looks dated in my opinion is the Broncos... that look was fresh in the 90's but now you look at it and go yeah it is a 90's look.

Just my opinion though I know others have their own.

Assuming the Dolphins stick with the aqua bottoms this week, the Miami Denver game will be the best-looking game of the week

I disagree. The color contrasts in that game will be great if they wear aqua pants. I get sick of uniform match ups that happen every year. This one is new and unique and there are lots of nice colors. That's just my opinion though.

Archived