dherrera_96

2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

Here are some examples of teams in the past that have worn WAH (white at home) exclusively prior to a major overhaul:

1995--Eagles(last season of Kelly green before changing to midnight green). Ray Rhodes' first season as HC

1996--Buccaneers (last season of creamsicle orange/Bucco Bruce before changing to red & pewter). Tony Dungy's first season as HC.

1996--Dolphins (last season with no shadow drips). Jimmy Johnson's first season as HC. I can understand the WAH given the Dolphins tradition w/it and Jimmy Johnson maybe bringing that over from Dallas, but surprised they did not wear aqua for any prime-time games at home. The next season, they went back to aqua for prime-time at home starting with the 11/17 MNF contest vs the Bills.

That's an interesting point, but what could be the reason for this? It just doesn't make much sense.

Here are some examples of teams in the past that have worn WAH (white at home) exclusively prior to a major overhaul:

1995--Eagles(last season of Kelly green before changing to midnight green). Ray Rhodes' first season as HC

1996--Buccaneers (last season of creamsicle orange/Bucco Bruce before changing to red & pewter). Tony Dungy's first season as HC.

1996--Dolphins (last season with no shadow drips). Jimmy Johnson's first season as HC. I can understand the WAH given the Dolphins tradition w/it and Jimmy Johnson maybe bringing that over from Dallas, but surprised they did not wear aqua for any prime-time games at home. The next season, they went back to aqua for prime-time at home starting with the 11/17 MNF contest vs the Bills.

To be fair, the Bucs also wore white at home almost exclusively the first year of the pewter and many years after.

Ever since the change to pewter and red, the Bucs do wear red at home for the latter part of the season and most of the playoffs (the notable exception being the 2007 wild-card weekend when they played the Giants at home and wore white due to above-average temperatures for Tampa in January.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/11/19/tennessee-titans-will-be-going-back-to-navy-as-primary-home-uniform/

Here is the answer to why the Titans have refused to wear light blue this year. Apparently the owner doesn't like the color and doesn't want to be unique. How can one person ruin a team's uniform and identity? What a joke. Looks like we'll be seeing more white over navy next year, which is the worst uniform in the league.

as an oilers fan, turned titans fan, the columbia over white is the best they've looked since moving to nashville... with white over columbia being second best.

tommy smith is a disgrace to his father in law if he wants to distance himself from the luv ya blue tones...

that said, there are 2 directions we go from here... back to the turn of the century look that kearse, mcnair, and george made great (only 2 jerseys and 2 pants, white and navy), or we get a total redesign that doesn't use columbia at all.

i'd be okay with the turn of the century look. i'd be devastated by a columbialess redesign.

as an oilers fan, turned titans fan, the columbia over white is the best they've looked since moving to nashville... with white over columbia being second best.

tommy smith is a disgrace to his father in law if he wants to distance himself from the luv ya blue tones...

that said, there are 2 directions we go from here... back to the turn of the century look that kearse, mcnair, and george made great (only 2 jerseys and 2 pants, white and navy), or we get a total redesign that doesn't use columbia at all.

i'd be okay with the turn of the century look. i'd be devastated by a columbialess redesign.

You guys can't remove Columbia. Its a part of your history. (SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT)

eAwRigB.png

5TCEvxP.png

Don't forget the Tenessee Oilers in 1998.

Everyone forgets the Tennessee Oilers in 1998.

You're wrong. I remember. Although that one year as the Oilers is hard to remember because only a year later they went to Titans. Why was it that they took a year to decide a new name upon the move?

There were two years as the Tennessee Oilers: 1997 in Memphis, which was a gong show, and 1998 in Nashville, which was forgettable. I think what happened was that they were supposed to play two years at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis and then move to the new stadium in Nashville, but after the first season in Memphis was such an unmitigated disaster, they moved the second season to Vanderbilt so they could at least be in front of what was supposed to be their fanbase.

I dunno. That whole Tennessee Oilers thing was weird. I wish they had stayed in Houston.

Cincinnati in white/black

Cleveland in white/brown

Bucs in white/white

Tennessee in white/navy

The Rams look good today with white over navy ... Better than their counterparts the Chargers who are in navy over white. White helmets with navy jerseys just doesn't cut it for me unless you are Penn State.

Why can't the Dolphins wear white over aqua on the road like they used to? I wish I could somehow find out the answer to that question. Those all whites look absolutley atrocious and boring. Even after winning in all aqua, they go back to this boring crap.

I'm a life-long Dolphins fan and the all-white uniform is the only one that is passable to me. The lighter Aqua pops off the white uniforms. Unfortunately, the lighter flat Aqua color looks "washed out" to me when it is featured as the primary jersey or pants color.

Too much navy in the St. Louis/San Diego game. I love the Broncos/Dolphins matchup, although that may be an unpopular opinion.

There were two years as the Tennessee Oilers: 1997 in Memphis, which was a gong show, and 1998 in Nashville, which was forgettable. I think what happened was that they were supposed to play two years at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis and then move to the new stadium in Nashville, but after the first season in Memphis was such an unmitigated disaster, they moved the second season to Vanderbilt so they could at least be in front of what was supposed to be their fanbase.

I dunno. That whole Tennessee Oilers thing was weird. I wish they had stayed in Houston.

What's crazier is that they had a Super Bowl run after those two years in their first season as the Titans. A bizarre saga overall.

Too much navy in the St. Louis/San Diego game. I love the Broncos/Dolphins matchup, although that may be an unpopular opinion.

All the Dolphins had to do was wear Auga pants, and this matchup would be a lock for #1 of the week.

When I saw an initial picture of the Giants-Cowboys game, I thought the Giants were in white pants. Didn't realize they were in gray pants until I just saw another pic.

I may have missed it in another topic, but do we know which uniform Dallas is wearing on Thursday? Are they doing the navy blues again like last year or just the standard home whites?