2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost all preseason games are night, but the sun is normally still out at the start especially on the west coast so many teams opt for the lighter jersey in the preseason. If it needs to be changed it will be.

I know you always say these are just guesses on your part, but why is your guess that the Vikings will wear white at home? My guess would be they won't.

Well, they are playing at an open Stadium. Not a bad guess really.

The open air factor would only come into play if they're a southern team. I don't see a team in Minnesota deciding to wear white at home to "beat the heat."

Random question for Canzman: Is there any particular significance behind the numbers used for each team on your graphics?

Nope, not really

Almost all preseason games are night, but the sun is normally still out at the start especially on the west coast so many teams opt for the lighter jersey in the preseason. If it needs to be changed it will be.

I know you always say these are just guesses on your part, but why is your guess that the Vikings will wear white at home? My guess would be they won't.

Well, they are playing at an open Stadium. Not a bad guess really.

The open air factor would only come into play if they're a southern team. I don't see a team in Minnesota deciding to wear white at home to "beat the heat."

In late September and on I agree but in early August it is hot in the north as well as the south :)

Made a change though as even though it will be in the 80's in Minneapolis on Friday durign the day it is expected to be down into the mid-60's by kick-off.

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Preseason Week 1 (Part 1)

Colts @ Jets

9zXp4.jpgYMqBt.jpg

Reversed. Colts are in all white; Jets in green-white.

Seahawks in white tops/grey pants. Broncos in Orange/White

The grays are the only pants the Seahawks need. When they're wearing gray pants (with either jersey) their look goes from bottom five to middle of the pack.

The blue pants aren't bad. White/white looks bad, its the one look I don't like.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The grays are the only pants the Seahawks need. When they're wearing gray pants (with either jersey) their look goes from bottom five to middle of the pack.

The blue pants aren't bad. White/white looks bad, its the one look I don't like.

The blue pants would be OK if they stopped wearing them with the blue jersey, and if they had a pair of contrasting color socks to wear with them.

The Seahawks have long since proved they can't be trusted with a dark pants option.

I prefer the blue and grey pants and burn the white pants. I like the monochrome look from them (prefer their previous set over the current set). But the white grey pants could be worn at home and on the road as well.

spacer.png

Minnesota last wore white at home in 1964.

Except Quarters 2-4 of the Lions game. Detroit brought white jerseys and it took until the start of the 2nd quarter for Minnesota's purple jerseys to arrive from their facility. This was the 1st occasion that Minnesota went mono-purple.

Before the change.

During the change.

After the change.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Preseason Week 2 (Part 1)

Jaguars @ Bears

2dKbhCa.jpgOmpRxd1.jpg

Eagles @ Patriots

bvA2Qec.jpgzpqpZ.jpg

Titans @ Saints

hWkQL.jpgM2YmX.jpg

Lions @ Raiders

31Ffm.jpglVo3V.jpg

Chargers @ Seahawks

Oyp5KxV.jpgrP4HQ.jpg

Archived