2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

My completely unfounded and based only on gut feeling predictions:

Miami in White/White/Aqua

Kansas City in Red/Red/Red (actually this one has reason. It is Eric Berry's favorite)

Raiders in silver number throw backs. (They haven't worn them yet)

Texans in Navy/White/Battle Red (I think they'll switch up solely because they've never won in Indianapolis)

Jaguars in BlackGold/White/White

Vikings in Purple/White/White

Bucs in Pewter/White/White/Orange

Carolina in Silver/Black/black (Cam's favorite)

Jets in White/Green/Green

Eagles in Midnight Green/Midnight Green/Black

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas City in Red/Red/Red (actually this one has reason. It is Eric Berry's favorite)

Texans in Navy/White/Battle Red (I think they'll switch up solely because they've never won in Indianapolis)

A few things here:

The Raiders don't have throwbacks.

The Texans no longer have red pants. They lost them when Nike took over in 2012.

The Eagles don't use a green/black combo.

A few things here:

The Texans no longer have red pants. They lost them when Nike took over in 2012.

Not true about the Texans... according to their official on field guide they still have the option to use red pants. Just because they have chosen not to since Nike took over don't mean they are gone.

A few things here:

Not true about the Texans... according to their official on field guide they still have the option to use red pants. Just because they have chosen not to since Nike took over don't mean they are gone.

Really? Oh yeah look at GUD they stopped using them after 2010, not 2011.. well either way, I doubt the Texans go with a that combo. The only time they every use red pants was with the red jerseys.

A few things here:

I didn't know the Raiders throwbscks were gone.

Like the above poster said, they're available, and I really think they try to change their look up since they have never won in Indianapolis.

The Eagles don't use a green/black combo... yet.

A few things here:

I didn't know the Raiders throwbscks were gone.

Like the above poster said, they're available, and I really think they try to change their look up since they have never won in Indianapolis.

The Eagles don't use a green/black combo... yet.

Okay well, I don't think either of combos will be used, simply because they've never used them before.

The Rams have finally realized that navy over white and white over navy are their best combos, but now they are getting new uniforms next season...what a shame.

The Panthers tweeted that they are going black over silver, which means we can expect black pants next week vs Manziel and the Browns

The Rams have finally realized that navy over white and white over navy are their best combos, but now they are getting new uniforms next season...what a shame.

The Panthers tweeted that they are going black over silver, which means we can expect black pants next week vs Manziel and the Browns

I didn't think the rams were changing uniforms next year, I thought it was the year after. Also, they are wearing the white pants because we have been on a winning streak lately while wearing them. Unpopular opinion, but i actually like the Blue on Blue combo.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Hopefully this Bills combo can replace their pointless white at home games, which they love to do against NFC teams who only come there once every 8 years, which means we miss out on new uni matchups.

Well I wouldn't have a problem with it if they do it only against NFC opponents, but the blue/white combo should stay the primary. It's timeless, and for anything to replace it would be an abomination.

Biggest travesty in NFL uniforms (among the many) continues to be that the Panthers hardly ever wear the black pants. They give that entire uniform set life. The all whites with the silver helmet and light blue socks continue to be, year-after-year-after-year, the softest look in football. And they trot that sorry combo out most of the year. Their black/silver look only sees light of day 2-3 times a year (because of the Panthers inane insistence on wearing white at home the first half of the season). And we couldn't dare see white jerseys/black pants. Just too flashy I guess for Grandpa Jerry.

Also the Jets wearing white jerseys/white pants and dated white striped socks most of the year? Not good. Drab as drab can be. The Jets need a new identity. The throwback Jets uniforms have run its course. They had a nice run for close to 20 years. But its time to s-can the white helmet and the jerseys that simply don't mesh from a striping standpoint with current jersey cuts. I don't think there was anything wrong with the prior Jets logo on the green helmet. Bring it back and come up with a modernized green/white uniform. A two color palate (which they already have) but the green isn't as forest as it is now. A different shade of green from Green Bay's green.

The 3 teams who desperately need a complete uniform overhaul are the Browns, Titans and Jets. Thankfully the Browns woke up and are going to move closer to the 21st century in 2015. Now just need the clueless Titans and the Jets to get with the program soon. The Rams will change when the inevitably move to LA. The Washington's mixmatched uniforms and logos will change once Danny Snyder is finally forced to change his nickname (and it will happen eventually).

Biggest travesty in NFL uniforms (among the many) continues to be that the Panthers hardly ever wear the black pants. They give that entire uniform set life. The all whites with the silver helmet and light blue socks continue to be, year-after-year-after-year, the softest look in football. And they trot that sorry combo out most of the year. Their black/silver look only sees light of day 2-3 times a year (because of the Panthers inane insistence on wearing white at home the first half of the season). And we couldn't dare see white jerseys/black pants. Just too flashy I guess for Grandpa Jerry.

Also the Jets wearing white jerseys/white pants and dated white striped socks most of the year? Not good. Drab as drab can be. The Jets need a new identity. The throwback Jets uniforms have run its course. They had a nice run for close to 20 years. But its time to s-can the white helmet and the jerseys that simply don't mesh from a striping standpoint with current jersey cuts. I don't think there was anything wrong with the prior Jets logo on the green helmet. Bring it back and come up with a modernized green/white uniform. A two color palate (which they already have) but the green isn't as forest as it is now. A different shade of green from Green Bay's green.

The 3 teams who desperately need a complete uniform overhaul are the Browns, Titans and Jets. Thankfully the Browns woke up and are going to move closer to the 21st century in 2015. Now just need the clueless Titans and the Jets to get with the program soon. The Rams will change when the inevitably move to LA. The Washington's mixmatched uniforms and logos will change once Danny Snyder is finally forced to change his nickname (and it will happen eventually).

The Panthers could do so much with their color scheme and logo, but they insist on being boring. The all white is stupid, but at least they are different and don't wear silver pants like many of the other silver helmet teams. I think the Dolphins in all white and the Jets in all white are the two most boring uniforms in the league. All they need to do is wear their colored pants and they look good, but both teams refuse to do so more than 1 or 2 times a year for some strange reason.

Archived