2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

My completely unfounded predictions (last week nailed Bucs to the socks and got the Jets mono green right. )

Vikings go Purple/Purple/Purple

Bills in White/White/Blue

Steelers in bumble bees

Seahawks go Navy/Wolf Gray/Navy

Cardinals go white/red/red

Bengals go orange/black/black

The Steelers aren't going to use the bumble bee alternates again this year, and if you read what was above, you'd see the Seahawks did not submit the gray/blue combo earlier this year AND they've already used gray twice so they can't use it again.

Bengals mono black and Cardinals mono red seems to be a popular prediction (really hopes neither happen)

Steelers have only worn it once, right? And I didn't know about the Hawks

Yeah, but they announced before the season when they would wear it. I don't think they'll do it again. But it's your prediction, you stick with it if you like it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, someone is predicting the Vikings go full-purple this week. The only week during the last month that this guess was skipped was last week, when they were obviously going to wear white in Detroit. Let me say, I'll be beyond shocked if the Vikings pull out that ugly combo on the road. There might be a better chance in the final week against Chicago (and I'm sure that prediction will be dropped in this thread), but I'd really like to think the Vikings have retired that nonsense. Their current Purple over white = awesome. The all purple = nauseating.

Only reason I said it was because it's an away game where they have to wear a color jersey. Most teams have taken to presenting a different look when on the road a against a white jersey wearing team. That's the same logic I used guessing the Jets would go mono green last week against the Titans.

The vikings have already been asked to wear their dark jersey three times this year, and they've worn it with white pants every time.

Once again, someone is predicting the Vikings go full-purple this week. The only week during the last month that this guess was skipped was last week, when they were obviously going to wear white in Detroit. Let me say, I'll be beyond shocked if the Vikings pull out that ugly combo on the road. There might be a better chance in the final week against Chicago (and I'm sure that prediction will be dropped in this thread), but I'd really like to think the Vikings have retired that nonsense. Their current Purple over white = awesome. The all purple = nauseating.

Only reason I said it was because it's an away game where they have to wear a color jersey. Most teams have taken to presenting a different look when on the road a against a white jersey wearing team. That's the same logic I used guessing the Jets would go mono green last week against the Titans.

The vikings have already been asked to wear their dark jersey three times this year, and they've worn it with white pants every time.

Probably those predictions are coming out of everyone felling it's bound to happen at some point.

This is probably unpopular, but I like a lot of the monochrome looks that are going around the league, such as:

Buffalo in mono blue

Cincinnati in mono black

Miami in mono agua

Minnesota in mono purple

NY Jets in mono green

And kudos to LARAMS2K15. Great job correctly picking the Bucs combo. Not only what color pants, but also the socks color. And it was a combo used only once earlier this year.

SMH.

The Jaguars should be teal, It's bad enough that teal was relegated to an ALT (with black #s for some inexplicable reason) and now we can't see them in teal even once?

Totally agree. I like the new teal alts with the black shoulders (I think the jersey design works when the shoulder color is darker than the jersey, but not vice versa), but yeah, the #'s should be white.

Why would the Jags not wear the teal jerseys at least once this year? Makes zero sense. If you've got an alternate jersey, WEAR THE DAMN THING. What's the deal with them and the Dolphins? One wants to wear black all the time and one wants to wear white all the time. You are a team from stinkin' Florida. Use some color sometimes. Its not like your teams are worth a damn anyway.

The Jags should also have a pair of teal pants in their set. Since they have teal numbers on their white jersey, it would match much better then the black pants do with the white jersey. In watching their snorefest against Baltimore last week, the white jerseys (with teal numbers) just look out-of-sorts with the black pants.

Of course, the Falcons should have red pants with their set too to be worn with the white jerseys, but I guess that makes too much sense too.

Disagree. I don't think red pants would work at all for the Falcons. I think it's because of the helmet and the overall design of the team IMO still makes the team a black team to me. I never liked them making the red jerseys their primary and going away from the black jerseys. I liked their black pants too. I much prefer to see them resurrect those

Go A's!

There's no point in having a jersey that you don't wear. I can't understand the Jags not wearing teal even once. The Titans new owner hating Columbia blue and forcing his team to wear white, while most disagree, is at least explainable. But to design a color alternate and a year later be like "nah, let's not mess with it. we'll just wear white or black all season" is so stupid.

Giants-Rams, Raiders-Bills, Steelers-Chiefs, and Lions-Bears should all look pretty sharp.

Broncos-Bengals though? <shudder>

It might look like this, except at night

20121104__20121105_B5_SP05FBNBRONXJUMP2~

though if I were a gambling man I'd bet on the Bengals wearing black pants. They've worn all black the last few primetime night games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Giants-Rams, Raiders-Bills, Steelers-Chiefs, and Lions-Bears should all look pretty sharp.

Broncos-Bengals though? <shudder>

It might look like this, except at night

20121104__20121105_B5_SP05FBNBRONXJUMP2~

though if I were a gambling man I'd bet on the Bengals wearing black pants. They've worn all black the last few primetime night games.

The Obnoxious Side Panel Bowl

Archived