2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

Something to be thankful for in an otherwise forgetful season...

tempchi-17-1-ap-122814-1-h122814--nfl_me

The Vikings wore their purple jersey a crazy 12 times this year... all home games and half their road games... and never once subjected us to the horrific all-purple high school look.

Terrible season? This year's been great.

Well, I said forgetful, not terrible. And I was talking about the Vikings.

Oh ok. My bad.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...am I right in saying we didn't see at any point this year:

Texans red pants

Jaguars teal jersey

Titans light blue jersey

Titans light blue pants

Panthers black pants

Am I forgetting anything? I think the Redskins discontinued red and white pants so I didn't include them.

The surprise (for us not in the know) were Eagles black pants

KISSwall09.jpg

My predictions for Wildcard Weekend:

ARI all white at CAR black on black

BAL white on black at PIT black on gold

CIN all white w/orange socks at IND blue on white

DET blue on silver at DAL white on gray

My guess would be DAL goes white on metallic blue instead of gray pants

Carolina in White over white for playoff game

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/549650415185592320

Last time they played the Cards in the playoffs, the Panthers wore their home set and they lost. So maybe this is just superstition? Plus the last two times they wore black at home, they lost. They've never lost wearing white at home.

Go A's!

Last time they played the Cards in the playoffs, the Panthers wore their home set and they lost. So maybe this is just superstition? Plus the last two times they wore black at home, they lost. They've never lost wearing white at home.

Week 1 of 2013 they lost to the Seahawks in whites.

But yeah, it's probably just superstition.

I think all home teams should wear white at home come playoff time. I would love to see the Packers wear white for the divisional playoff game (highly doubtful). The Cowboys always wear white at home, and the Panthers will wear white whenever they feel like it. OTOH, the AFC teams never wear white at home for playoffs, they always wear colors. I think they should mandate that like they do in the NBA, and have home teams wear white. I know it will not pass, but I think its better and the home fans can relate to the players more clearly when they wear they wear white than they do with the color jersey. That's my hunch but I am not the commish so my opinion will be invalid.

BTW: The Seahawks actually did wear white at home ONE time in their lives. That is when they hoisted the Lombardi Trophy in front of their fans at Century Link field immediately after their Super Bowl winning parade.

(Obviously it really doesn't count).

467041979.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

I think he means in the playoffs.

I think all home teams should wear white at home come playoff time. I would love to see the Packers wear white for the divisional playoff game (highly doubtful). The Cowboys always wear white at home, and the Panthers will wear white whenever they feel like it. OTOH, the AFC teams never wear white at home for playoffs, they always wear colors. I think they should mandate that like they do in the NBA, and have home teams wear white. I know it will not pass, but I think its better and the home fans can relate to the players more clearly when they wear they wear white than they do with the color jersey. That's my hunch but I am not the commish so my opinion will be invalid.

But if the team always wears their colored jersey at home, how do the fans relate better?

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

BTW: The Seahawks actually did wear white at home ONE time in their lives. That is when they hoisted the Lombardi Trophy in front of their fans at Century Link field immediately after their Super Bowl winning parade.

(Obviously it really doesn't count).

467041979.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

Yeah... that was more because they didn't want to have to sew in patches for the blue jerseys.

I think he means in the playoffs.

Yeah. All those stats pertain to the Panthers in their past playoff performances.

Go A's!

That long-standing Panthers playoff tradition rises up! haha I remember them losing in the most important playoff game against New England once in the all white garb. So hopefully they remember that when they make their way to Glendale for the SB. Its all about stupid superstitions, right?

Anyone have a story on why the Panther didn't wear their best looking uniform all year this year? I am sure the players and most of the fans are really happy that Grandpa Richardson didn't let them wear the black pants this year. Its by far, their most popular look. Not even close. And their 2nd most popular would be white jerseys/black pants if they were ever allowed to wear them together. Ohh well.

That long-standing Panthers playoff tradition rises up! haha I remember them losing in the most important playoff game against New England once in the all white garb. So hopefully they remember that when they make their way to Glendale for the SB. Its all about stupid superstitions, right?

Anyone have a story on why the Panther didn't wear their best looking uniform all year this year? I am sure the players and most of the fans are really happy that Grandpa Richardson didn't let them wear the black pants this year. Its by far, their most popular look. Not even close. And their 2nd most popular would be white jerseys/black pants if they were ever allowed to wear them together. Ohh well.

As long as Grandpa Richardson owns the team, (and he will until he dies) the Panthers will wear white on white for away games and a few of their home games. They will wear black on silver (and on occasion blue on silver) for the other home games, and away games when the home team decides to wear white. He will not change, he never has since he became owner in 1994. That is the reason why they have the most boring uniforms in the NFL (I didn't say awful, just boring). Personally wear a silver helmet with the all white look is just dumb. Why not switch to silver pants with the white jersey? It blends in really well and looks 100 times better than the all-white with silver helmet look. Then again, like I said Grandpa Richardson owns the team, and staying status quo is his #1 strength.

Archived