2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thinking the Ravens will wear all-white against the Steelers. They never fared well wearing black leotards against them in the past. And I also believe the Bengals will wear white on black against the Colts, although in the past, they have had a little more success wearing the all-white look. So I guess we will find out.

I also hope to god the Cowboys would buck tradition, and wear their navy jerseys this Sunday. Although it would be an uproar at Jerry World if that ever does happen. :)

If the Bengals go all-white then they'll probably wear orange socks. They've worn all-white four times this season and they've gone orange socks every time. In 2013 they wore all-white 6 times and wore the orange socks every time. And they probably will go all white because they wore black pants earlier in Indy and got thumped. They'll likely change it up.

The last time time I can remember them wearing the black socks with the all-white was in the preseason this year, but that's because Mike Brown's too cheap to buy two sets of socks and two sets of pants for a bunch of guys that are going to get cut so they always wear strictly white pants and black socks in the preseason.

So do people really believe that pant color is what determines success? I don't remember any "America's Game" where Drew Brees talks about how the key to their Super Bowl was the decision to wear gold pants.

It's sports. Players are superstitious. If they feel good in what they wear, then that helps their mind set.

The forecast is calling for crappy weather in Charlotte, and yet the Panthers are going to wear all white? Mr. Richardson has really lost it. Let them wear the home black jerseys Mr. Richardson and forget about the silly superstitions!!! Sooner or later you might win a playoff game if you continue to wear your colors at home.

Makes you wonder what colors the Panthers will wear if somehow they host the NFC title game. And they will if the Detroit Lions somehow get that far as well.

The forecast is calling for crappy weather in Charlotte, and yet the Panthers are going to wear all white? Mr. Richardson has really lost it. Let them wear the home black jerseys Mr. Richardson and forget about the silly superstitions!!! Sooner or later you might win a playoff game if you continue to wear your colors at home.

Makes you wonder what colors the Panthers will wear if somehow they host the NFC title game. And they will if the Detroit Lions somehow get that far as well.

Last time the Panthers played the Cardinals at home in the playoffs was 2008 when they got destroyed behind the 700 turnovers of Jake Delhomme, they wore the black and silver combo, last year when they got beat by the 49ers, they wore black/black, might as well try white/white right?... right?

So do people really believe that pant color is what determines success? I don't remember any "America's Game" where Drew Brees talks about how the key to their Super Bowl was the decision to wear gold pants.

It's sports. Players are superstitious. If they feel good in what they wear, then that helps their mind set.

I am aware that players are superstitious, I am just still amazed at how illogical it is. "Let's wear something until we lose and then change until we lose again and go back to the pants/jersey/socks that two weeks ago we said was bad luck."

I'd love to see a team go 8-8 alternating wins and losses while literally losing every time they wore their "good luck" whatever.

So just popping in to remind everyone that, at the end of the day, we're talking about sports uniforms. Calling someone a Holocaust denier because they disagree with you about a Nike football uniform crosses into the realm of extremely poor taste. Make your arguments rationally. Thank you and have a happy holidays.

That happened? Wow - sorry I missed that.

That long-standing Panthers playoff tradition rises up! haha I remember them losing in the most important playoff game against New England once in the all white garb. So hopefully they remember that when they make their way to Glendale for the SB. Its all about stupid superstitions, right?

Anyone have a story on why the Panther didn't wear their best looking uniform all year this year? I am sure the players and most of the fans are really happy that Grandpa Richardson didn't let them wear the black pants this year. Its by far, their most popular look. Not even close. And their 2nd most popular would be white jerseys/black pants if they were ever allowed to wear them together. Ohh well.

I totally agree - Panthers black on black is their best look, and doesn't look as harry high school as most of the other mono looks. I even like it with the silver helmet. I think blue on black could work for them too, but I'd need to see it. Not sure about white on black but I know it would be better than white on white.

I am aware that players are superstitious, I am just still amazed at how illogical it is. "Let's wear something until we lose and then change until we lose again and go back to the pants/jersey/socks that two weeks ago we said was bad luck."

That is how superstitions work. It's irrational, illogical reasoning to help the psyche. You can't rationalize with irrationality.

Cardinals are going with the red pants! Confirmed on twitter.

Red on red? What a hideous look. When you traditionally only make the playoffs once or twice a decade, you'd think you'd try to look better doing it.

I know a lot of people hate the Seahawks uniforms the most in the NFC west but Arizona's uniforms are by far the worst. They are completely outdated and exponentially worse when going monochrome.

Cardinals are going with the red pants! Confirmed on twitter.

Red on red? What a hideous look. When you traditionally only make the playoffs once or twice a decade, you'd think you'd try to look better doing it.

I know a lot of people hate the Seahawks uniforms the most in the NFC west but Arizona's uniforms are by far the worst. They are completely outdated and exponentially worse when going monochrome.

I would agree that the Seahawks' monochrome look is better than the Cardinals' monochrome look. I would also agree that the Seahawks' have better options in their set (the almost never seen navy over gray, for instance) than any combination the Cardinals can field. However the fact remains that the Seahawks' preferred look (and obviously, preferred by far) is the monochrome navy. And as ugly as the Cardinals white/red/white uniform is, it's better than any monochrome IMO.

Plus, I still hold a grudge against Seattle for being the first team to make a monochrome uniform their primary look. Sure, even if they hadn't somebody (the Jags for sure) would've done it anyway, and true, they only beat the Bills to it by a year or so, but still. That Bills' uniform was a disaster in any combo, white the Hawks' scuba blue jersey was pretty decent when worn with white pants.

Archived