2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

^That matchup may actually happen, but I'd hope the Pats would have a grey end zone.

If any teams getting a grey endzone, it's the Seahawks. The NFL missed a golden opportunity last year by not having the Seahawks endzone be grey, especially with two navy teams in last years SB.

But we all the NFL has no clue when it comes to "golden opportunities". Just look at Super Bowl 50 for an example. And look at last year's field. And every SB logo since XLIV. And the gradient helmets. The NFL has gotten worse on fields and logos and uniforms since about 2009. No buts about it.

Idk about you, but the new Vikings uniforms are infinitely times better than that mess they used to wear

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that since Seattle is the "home" team, I think they will wear navy jersey/wolf gray pants. I think they will only wear all navy during home games at Century Link Field. However, being that it is at Glendale, Arizona (a neutral site) I do not see them pulling it off this time.

Obviously, Patriots as the visiting team will wear the predictable white jersey/navy blue pants.

Only time (I can recall) that Seattle wore all blue not at home was at Super Bowl XL, and well all know what happened there.

I see them wearing blue with white/grey pants.

The last two neutral site games the Seahawks have played in, they wore all grey vs Bills (Toronto), and white with blue pants in last years Super Bowl.

Can the Seahawks wear the wolf grey for the Super Bowl?

I don't think an NFL team can wear an alternate jersey in the playoffs.

Has a team ever done it before?

Maybe different circumstances since it was a season-long, league-wide anniversary celebration, but yes.

130124135249-29-super-bowl-rice-single-i

87Redskins.png

Also, I wonder if New England could wear a white jersey with their grey pants. It's the Super Bowl, go nuts

They could, but there's zero chance that they wear a combination that they haven't used in the 10+ years they've had these uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

pretty sure we'll see Seahawks in All blue and Pats in silver/ white/ navy. I'd poop in my pants if we had a 80's throwback color v color game---> Seahawks in Silver/ royal/ Silver and Pants in Pat the Patriot White/ red / white.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

When are the uniform combos revealed?

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't find out until warm-ups. However, they will probably be announced before then.

The players are generally in uniform for media day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't find out until warm-ups. However, they will probably be announced before then.

We should at least know the jerseys at media day. With how many media credentials given for the super bowl, and with Twitter/Instagram, I'd be shocked that the full uni combos weren't revealed at least a few days before the game.

I'm pretty sure it was 'announced' last year, by both teams, what each teams uni would be. I just can't remember when they actually 'announced' it. Maybe during the beginning of the second week (so that would be the week of the 26th for this year)?

Last year it was announced on the Tuesday after Championship Sunday, as it was in previous years.

If Seattle wants to wear their home navy jerseys fine, but they really should consider wearing the white or wolf gray pants. It's just too much navy and too much of a clash just as it was when Green Bay played Pittsburgh.

121014-rice-650.jpg

Imagine the freak-out this board would have if Nike came out with special unis for both teams, just like they did for the CFP

I'm sure they'd very much like to. Thankfully the NFL won't let that fly.

I'm pretty sure it was 'announced' last year, by both teams, what each teams uni would be. I just can't remember when they actually 'announced' it. Maybe during the beginning of the second week (so that would be the week of the 26th for this year)?

If Seattle wants to wear their home navy jerseys fine, but they really should consider wearing the white or wolf gray pants. It's just too much navy and too much of a clash

121014-rice-650.jpg

Agreed. Hopefully they'll not go monochrome blue. Just an awful look.

Although not uniform related, what do you think the endzone colors will be. Last year, the Broncos had a blue endzone despite wearing orange jerseys. What if they went red for the Pats and gray for the Seahawks?

I'm guessing they will both be blue. Last time the Super Bowl was in Arizona, the end zones were both blue, although the Giants was a lighter shade than the Patriots.

Archived