2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

I'd say they are a product of Nike just using their default templates and the Bucs so happened to incorporate those elements. The triangle armpit, pants stripe design, the yokes are all elements we've seen used in the college game and they're finding their ways to the pros

Go A's!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was just posted on the STT Sports website, they do all of the customization for the Seahawks. This makes me believe that they will be going with navy for the game.

[url=http://s18.photobucket.com/user/benpc21/media/SeahawksSB49_zpsw56wtqsd.jpg.html]

Not necessarily.

I was reading today that by default one would expect the Seahawks to wear their home blue jerseys but it may be a surprise to many that the white away is very much on the table of serious consideration.

This was just posted on the STT Sports website, they do all of the customization for the Seahawks. This makes me believe that they will be going with navy for the game.

[url=http://s18.photobucket.com/user/benpc21/media/SeahawksSB49_zpsw56wtqsd.jpg.html]

Not necessarily.

I was reading today that by default one would expect the Seahawks to wear their home blue jerseys but it may be a surprise to many that the white away is very much on the table of serious consideration.

Good to know, sorry for jumping the gun a little :)

SEAsig.png

I think there's a 100% chance that neither team will look great.

Yes, because any uniform created after 1980 is automatically awful.

No, because gaudy uniforms with gimmicky elements and the overuse of navy for navy's sake are automatically awful. Nice attempt at a straw man, though.

SeahawksSB49_zpsw56wtqsd.jpg

That's a curious caption to go with the photo... "Don't want to ruin the surprise" of what the Super Bowl patches will look like on the Seahawks' jerseys? I mean, based on what every patch has looked like since XLV and the fact Seattle played in the game last year, it shouldn't be too difficult to figure it out, right?

SeahawksSB49_zpsw56wtqsd.jpg

That's a curious caption to go with the photo... "Don't want to ruin the surprise" of what the Super Bowl patches will look like on the Seahawks' jerseys? I mean, based on what every patch has looked like since XLV and the fact Seattle played in the game last year, it shouldn't be too difficult to figure it out, right?

I like the first line of the caption..."Bags of gear are leaving are shop".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That basically confirms that the Seahawks are wearing navy.

I'm not crazy about how this year's patch looks. It seems darker than in the past, and I think it might get lost in the jersey. I guess we'll have to wait for Media Day to find out.

The patch probably just looks a bit off due to the lighting in that photo, I doubt they will have significantly darkened it since last year, especially with the 'system' that's in place now.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I can't believe this is a debate.

Look, the Patriots are going with white over blue, the Seahawks are going blue over blue... unfortunately, it'll look nasty, but it's just the way it's going to be.

I think we all really knew this all along, right?

Yes. We all do. I think some are letting their wishful thinking get the best of them.

No, because gaudy uniforms with gimmicky elements and the overuse of navy for navy's sake are automatically awful. Nice attempt at a straw man, though.

Ironic that a Bengals fan would call the Seahawks and Patriots uniforms "gaudy" and "gimmicky".

You're right though about the navy for navy's sake. I mean come on, a team called the Patriots, named after American Revolutionary War soldiers, wearing navy?

20060806124942.jpg

It's almost as bad as the Cardinals' red for red's sake, or the Panthers' black for black's sake.

Ironic that a Bengals fan would call the Seahawks and Patriots uniforms "gaudy" and "gimmicky".

You're right though about the navy for navy's sake. I mean come on, a team called the Patriots, named after American Revolutionary War soldiers, wearing navy?

20060806124942.jpg

It's almost as bad as the Cardinals' red for red's sake, or the Panthers' black for black's sake.

Hey, the Bengals have some of the worst uniforms in the history of the league. You'll get no argument from me on that point. I didn't design them, I didn't choose them, and I don't like looking at them.

The navy comment was mainly directed at the Seahawks and their monochrome fixation, even though I do think the Patriots navy pants look out of balance with the silver helmet. As for the Cardinals, yes, red is the appropriate color for them, but their red monochrome is a distracting eyesore. More is rarely better.

My original comment was about the navy-saturated Super Bowl not looking good this year, and it won't. Others here have said the same. But all things old aren't good, and all things new aren't bad, and it's inaccurate to assume I believe otherwise. Some of the old, classic stripes they're trying to force onto these new football uniform templates look about as bad as the Bengals, and there are other "classics" that are just downright bad in their own ways.

It's an era of experimentation in football, much like the 70s were in baseball. I think much of the "new" we're seeing these days will go out of fashion and become dated very quickly, and some of these uniforms will take their place alongside the Astros rainbow guts and the Pirates mix-n-match costumes.

So according to you, Jim can't have an opinion because his team's uniforms are ugly, well, guess I can't have an opinion.

Archived