2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

I thought there was a rule for team not to wear alts for prime time games. Or is it just a suggestion by the league?

Pretty sure the rule you're eluding to is something like they can't wear the alts in the second half of the season in prime time.

Otherwise we'd never get San Diego in prime time wearing the powder blues.

I think it's a myth. Otherwise, the Ravens would not have worn their alternate all-black uniforms vs. the Steelers on Thanksgiving last season.

Sorry. Showing my age.

It was all the way back in the summer of 2011 that such rules were being 'proposed.'

Since then? Hmmmm.

Flexible scheduling now begins in Week 5, and with the Broncos wearing their alternate navy blue uniforms vs. the 49ers in Week 7, I don't think there are any rules that prohibit alternate jerseys in prime-time games.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucs are actually wearing the White pants today , I like them a lot better than the white pants on the old uniforms. They never looked good with the home or aways.

I'm watching that game too. It's yet another example of a team that 'had' a really nice uniform set and allowed Nike to totally ruin it. TB had a very unique uniform set and they go down the same road as the other 2 Florida teams. It's really sad to me what Nike has done to NFL uniforms, even the teams that didn't change the look of their brand.

For starters on Tampa Bay's, the helmet decal is ridiculously too big, the main color no longer looks pewter, it appears to be more in a brown category, those jersey numbers are probably the worst I've ever seen on an NFL uniform, and they may as well not even wear TV numbers on the shoulder because you can't make them out anyway.

All just my opinion, but also the tribute on the Bills jersey to Ralph Wilson should of been engraved into a red grazing Bison logo we used in the AFL days rather than that typical generic oval-shaped version that New England and other clubs have worn in the past. For the future his initials should probably be sown into one of the shoulder sleeves like da Bears have long had for George Halas.

I really wish all these radical football uniform changes would stay in College Football only and leave traditional style looks in the NFL. They could start by blowing up that 2-toned helmet worn by Jacksonville.

I really wish all these radical football uniform changes would stay in College Football only and leave traditional style looks in the NFL.

Yes, how dare a NFL team try and look a little bit different! Everyone should have the same number font and uniforms that look straight out of the 1970's. Leave the innovation to those wacky college kids!

The Bucs look pretty good in all white, BTW. I know we can't actually admit that here at the "All New Uniforms Suck" forum, but the Bucs aren't nearly as retched as some of you like to think. Not great by any means...but I'd rather look like they do then the suck ass Browns or Redskins uniforms. Both of which will be long gone soon.

I really wish all these radical football uniform changes would stay in College Football only and leave traditional style looks in the NFL.

Yes, how dare a NFL team try and look a little bit different! Everyone should have the same number font and uniforms that look straight out of the 1970's. Leave the innovation to those wacky college kids!

The Bucs look pretty good in all white, BTW. I know we can't actually admit that here at the "All New Uniforms Suck" forum, but the Bucs aren't nearly as retched as some of you like to think. Not great by any means...but I'd rather look like they do then the suck ass Browns or Redskins uniforms. Both of which will be long gone soon.

Hey if you don't like this forum, then you can go back to Reddit and stay there! BTW, the BUCS look good if you like this:

elgin-3350e-large-display-digital-alarm-

spacer.png

I was referring to 'radical' changes .. Nothing wrong with 'some' teams changing their brand or look, but not radical. What Jacksonvile has done since their top-notch uniforms of their inception, what Tampa has now done I consider radical changes and IMO (mine) ... their present looks sucks.

Teams like Minnesota who made a recent change I have no problem with. We all know the Browns uniforms are changing in 2015, but I wouldn't hold my breath that the Redskins will be changing their look drastically, nor their nickname anytime soon. From every comment board I've read nationally on the subject it seems that every single one the overwhelming majority is for the Redskins to NOT yield to the minority by changing their nickname, hence there'd be no reason to radically change their uniform look other than going back to their throwbacks from their 70th anniversary season based on their '65 - '69 look. Now that was a sharp looking football uniform.

The Browns are on TV right now with their white jerseys at home. Also they're wearing those brown pants which IMO would be acceptable if they at least had side striping.

Do you just make guesses on these uniform match ups ? I noitced a couple of these are off

(Miami wearing aqua tops, Bucs in white pants, browns in white and brown pants, etc. )

Any combos posted prior to a game or posted prior to any official announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. When this is done it is done so using what teams have typically done in the past, but teams can change things up. Combos will always be corrected as needed.

Bucs are actually wearing the White pants today , I like them a lot better than the white pants on the old uniforms. They never looked good with the home or aways.

So far this preseason the Bucs have worn three different combos:

Week 1 at Jaguars Red jersey/brown pants

Week 2 Dolphins White jersey/brown pants

Week 3 at Bills White jersey and pants.

If forms holds true, the final preseason game at home vs Redskins I expect them to wear the red jersey and white pants. Don't know if it will happen, but keep the fingers crossed. Let's hope it happens. :D

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Preseason Week 4 (Part 1)

Falcons @ Jaguars

HvLND.jpgXKCsGyA.jpg

Lions @ Bills

31Ffm.jpgV4kW8ik.jpg

Colts @ Bengals

wliI2.jpgmoYrB.jpg

Chiefs @ Packers

hiKKm.jpg8t5KUmJ.jpg

Rams @ Dolphins

JywbU.jpgx5jbWHT.jpg?1

Archived