English League Fonts 1992-present

Tony Spike

i present my English Premier League and Football League font sets from 1992 to the present

eplandfootballleaguefonts_zps8ef8f97c.pn

a few warnings

• some might not be 100% accurate as i have picked the closest fonts i have and have done what i can based on the evidence i have (few numbers and letters at best) - i will be constantly improving these designs though
  • individual numbersets go from 92 - 98 ....past this time the EPL used a universal font, the football league followed in 2000, but as of this time i have no evidence of any fonts used by football league teams between 97 and 99 ..when i do i will update the set,
  • both FL fonts used a fixed colour border (silver then gold respectively) no matter what colour is inside the font
  • these fonts are big (300-400 px long AND wide) they are designed to stand up when resized like an SVG but be layered like a psd and some have 4 layers each, do not try to open them all at the same time, unless you have sufficiant computer memory
  • if anyone has any changes or updates, please state here in this thread

Paintshop Pro download link (mediafire)

Photoshop compatible versions will be forthcoming

• individual numbersets go from 92 - 98 ....past this time the EPL used a universal font, the football league followed in 2000, but as of this time i have no evidence of any fonts used by football league teams between 97 and 99 ..when i do i will update the set,

Rather like the Premier League, before the 1999/2000 season the Football League clubs tended to use different number styles as supplied by their individual kit makers. I certainly don't envy you the task of trying to find complete number sets!

he he he ....technically i have actually spent the last 2 years researching what i can before attempting it .....but its mainly come about because i want my custom league to have the fonts used on the kits from that time lol

i tell you what though, it helps to have the premier league archives on DVD thats for sure lol

i mean i know their are some that aint 100% accurate but i have done what i can with the info i got, ...i mean most numbersets tend to be the basic Athletic block type with a manufacturers logo on them anyway

Excellent job nonetheless mate. Good job on the entire ptoject to date.

As for your signature block, I really like the banners you have created for QPR from club forming to silverware won. Any chance I could get a copy of the League Cup, FA Challenge Cup, Div 1/Div2 winners trophy and Community Shield graphics. That's what I was trying to do with my Arsenal banners but it didn't quite work out.

Archived