So when does an outdated jersey become "cool" or "lame"

hormone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still wear my Cortez Kennedy jersey from the late 90s. I guess that's become cool again because he's going to the HOF.

Plus the old Seahawks jerseys (pre-2002) are just cool. White or blue.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

will a Lebron heat jersey ever become cool again ?........i highly doubt it and what about the old lebron cavs´ jerseys , are those cool again ?

IMO, I think it should immediately be cool again after a year or two waiting period. He won them two titles in four years with four finals appearances. He never really caused any trouble, and simply left when his contract ended. There really shouldn't be any hard feelings.

Shoot-I still wear Piazza marlins jerseys.

I wonder if I'm doing this wrong.

Now that's the kind of jersey I love. Something or someone only diehard fans will remember.

That is an awesome jersey. Wasn't he only there for a few weeks?

You gotta give it some time so you look like "dude who still hung on to it after all these years" instead of "dude who is too cheap to buy a new jersey"

For example: going to Penguins games in the mid-2000s I saw TONS of Hedberg and Kasparaitis jerseys. That was pretty lame. Now, I'd high five anyone I saw wearing one for standing out in a sea of fake Winter Classic jerseys.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Shoot-I still wear Piazza marlins jerseys.

I wonder if I'm doing this wrong.

Totally off topic here, but I missed the first "A" and instantly started trying to remember a guy named Pizza that played for the Marlins. I need to go to bed.

On topic, I think any jersey with a solid history(good character player, championships, etc) never go out of style. Especially if that team has new unis that don't look as good.

On a personal level, I own a Swoopes Houston Comets jersey. By some standards I'm as lame as they come by being a WNBA fan and owning a jersey, but she dominated and made history. That's cool to me.

Since Halladay is retired, I see no problems wearing my phillies stuff with his name on it, i mean cmon he threw a perfect game and a no hitter with us!

Too soon.

You look like you spent 250 on a jersey and are milking every last dollar out of it.

In two years it's the classy you desire ;)

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

It's definitely ironic and therefore cool to wear an obscure or historically bad jersey of a certain player. You can joke about how cheap you found it, etc.

An example could be a Wizards Jordan jersey... A Redskins Bruce Smith, Adam Archuleta, Heath Schuler, Patrick Ramsey, etc...

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

@hormone...you live in Pittsburgh. Definitely find you a Rocky Bleier jersey to rock around town. That'll get you some cool points up in Primantis for sure. :P

(Off topic...but what part of the Burgh you in, if that ain't too much? I holed up down in Baldwin during my time there.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

@buc grew up in new castle and now live in Joe Namath town of beaver falls. Work in moon township beside airport. I have my obligatory Big Ben and Troy jerseys, but I live and die (mostly die) by the buccaneers. They play up here this year and in Cleveland so I can see them live for the (hopefully) 6th or 7th time. I don't see too many (if any) rocky jerseys. It's usually Harris or Bradshaw from that era. I bet I'm the only guy up here wearing rays or bucs stuff.

KISSwall09.jpg

Until the next time I show up in town, anyway...lol.

Please believe I was reppin' my Buccaneers/Seminoles gear HARD the first time around. It'll be the same upon my eventual return--with the Seminoles, anyway. Won't catch me in none of that new Bucs stuff...but if you see some random weird black guy sporting creamsicle around the West End or the Rocks somewhere, it'll probably be me. ;) )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

will a Lebron heat jersey ever become cool again ?........i highly doubt it

and what about the old lebron cavs´ jerseys , are those cool again ?

I think the old LeBron Cavs' jerseys are definitely cool again, it's awesome to see people wearing them everywhere. I just wish I still had mine.

I have a Chris Drury slug jersey that I got for real cheap from the team store after he and Briere left. With the way things ended, I figure it won't be cool to wear again until the team is more successful than it was during that run... so Cup Finals appearance at the minimum. It could be a while.

Archived