So when does an outdated jersey become "cool" or "lame"

hormone

I have a Chris Drury slug jersey that I got for real cheap from the team store after he and Briere left. With the way things ended, I figure it won't be cool to wear again until the team is more successful than it was during that run... so Cup Finals appearance at the minimum. It could be a while.

I am afraid that name has to be on a Avalanche jersey to be cool again .

?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will a Lebron heat jersey ever become cool again ?........i highly doubt it

and what about the old lebron cavs´ jerseys , are those cool again ?

I think the old LeBron Cavs' jerseys are definitely cool again, it's awesome to see people wearing them everywhere. I just wish I still had mine.

Burned it didn't you.

I have a Chris Drury slug jersey that I got for real cheap from the team store after he and Briere left. With the way things ended, I figure it won't be cool to wear again until the team is more successful than it was during that run... so Cup Finals appearance at the minimum. It could be a while.

?

Flames would be random enough to be cool. I also think a red/black Sabres Drury would be much easier to wear than the slug... doesn't come with the same emotional baggage.

will a Lebron heat jersey ever become cool again ?........i highly doubt it

and what about the old lebron cavs´ jerseys , are those cool again ?

I think the old LeBron Cavs' jerseys are definitely cool again, it's awesome to see people wearing them everywhere. I just wish I still had mine.

Burned it didn't you.

I actually gave it to Goodwill.

At least it isn't a Rangers jersey.

I actually have a funny story related to outdated jerseys. The first real hockey jersey I ever got was a red, pre-Edge Sens jersey. I kept it blank for a few years and then finally decided to get it customized. I went with #3 Zdeno Chara. It was my only Sens jersey until I got the black =O= jersey a couple of years ago (I wasn't going to shell out for the ugly Edge primary just to have an updated jersey), so I would wear it to games and such, even though Chara was playing somewhere else. During the Cup run in '07 they set up big screens outside of Scotiabank Place to show the Finals games. My friend and I (wearing my Chara jersey) got dropped off down the road from the arena and were walking across the nearby overpass when I heard something behind me. A public transit worker driving a full busload of fans to the game had pulled the bus over, and opened his window just to yell over to me, "Hey you know Chara isn't on the team any more, right?".

So remember, you have the right to wear any jersey you want, but other people have the right to call you out for your choice of jersey as well. Once Chara has retired and entered the HOF my jersey will become a lot cooler.

It's cool once again to wear your LeBron Cavs jersey, provided it hasn't been incinerated.

Saw a 10 year old kid walking around yesterday in a black Heat #6 jersey. I didn't have it in my heart to tell him to put it away for five years, then break it out of the closet.

The outdated thing, honestly, means NOTHING to me.

As long as it is a real jersey(replica or authentic, doesnt matter much) and the player on it played in that jersey, knock yourself out wearing it. Old style, it's still a jersey of your team so it doesnt matter.

Also, some people cant exactly afford to buy a new jersey just because someone leaves or the jersey changes

Also, jerseys with your own name on it makes you a toolbag. Either take the risk, or leave it blank.

Extra toolbag points for using a number of a player who had his jersey retired or a current player, not to mention getting an A or C on it.

Still not as bad as someone getting something stupid on the back

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

A while back i ordered a authentic green A´s jersey, Cespedes 52........i have not even received it yet.......they just traded him to boston, :censored: oakland.......this is one jersey that never will be cool

A while back i ordered a authentic green A´s jersey, Cespedes 52........i have not even received it yet.......they just traded him to boston, :censored: oakland.......this is one jersey that never will be cool

Yo will always be cool
Guess he will, but Neither the A´s or my Rays are cool.....never keeping their star players, tired of this MLB :censored:.........

Yo will always be cool
Guess he will, but Neither the A´s or my Rays are cool.....never keeping their star players, tired of this MLB :censored:.........

Then don't get a jersey from anyone on those teams then. You knew it was gonna happen.

Go A's!

Return it?

Refuse delivery, request refund?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

You can return a jersey if it's not customized. If it's a stock player, it's like a tee shirt. Now he's traded, you may only get a refund of the mark down price. If you bought it straight from majestic, they now have a return your traded player jersey for 50% off a new player. Offer is only good for nor calendar year. Now I have an outdated price fauxback. :( if they'd quit wearing them, then it'll be cool as it would be a jersey from that time period :)

KISSwall09.jpg

You can return a jersey if it's not customized. If it's a stock player, it's like a tee shirt. Now he's traded, you may only get a refund of the mark down price. If you bought it straight from majestic, they now have a return your traded player jersey for 50% off a new player. Offer is only good for nor calendar year. Now I have an outdated price fauxback. :( if they'd quit wearing them, then it'll be cool as it would be a jersey from that time period :)

I'd take that fauxback from you- I'll even trade you for it lol.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

This discussion should have ended with:

As soon as someone is nostalgic for it.

I never thought Sabres fans would pine for the red/black/silver era, but I'm hearing it, and now those are cool. That's true across the board for any team or sport. If someone feels nostalgic for it, no matter how good or bad that era was, it's now cool.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived