Milwaukee Bucks Redesign

Jvelleu

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logos and scripts remind me of an hockey team for some reason. But this isn't a bad thing as they look well on your uniforms. I believe these would sell like warm cakes!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Not really feelin' the font or the green deer (something closer to the original Bango would be ideal), but I love pretty much everything else about this concept. Keep tweaking and you'll really have something.

There's a lot to like about this. Very nice! The deer on the actual Bucks logo is flat, which I don't like, so I like that yours has much more depth.

One nitpick I have is the ears. They seemed off so I looked up some pictures of deer, and figured out why. The way you have them turning upwards to make a sharp point at the top like a leaf isn't the way actual deer ears look. If you have them just curve more oval-like and come to a nice point that way, then it'd be fine.

The double green drop shadow on the letters is making feel dizzy like I'm wearing 3D glasses. I get that you're trying to put the Irish rainbow everywhere you can, but the two thin shades of green are going to make everyone dizzy.

My last nitpick is the outline of BUCKS. Since the B, C, and S have slight arches to them, the outline is looking wavy. I'd just manual edit the outline so that it is horizontally straight across on both the top and bottom.

I'm not a huge fan of the font, but this is one really nice looking concept and presented so well.

The double green drop shadow on the letters is making feel dizzy like I'm wearing 3D glasses. I get that you're trying to put the Irish rainbow everywhere you can, but the two thin shades of green are going to make everyone dizzy.

Exactly. There can be such thing as overkill, as in the Astros uniforms you posted, which by the way, never saw the field of play. When you put a specific design effect in every aspect of the set, it can become too much and begin to dilute the design on the sides. Plus they really do create an unpleasant effect on the eyes. The letters in dark green with the primary secondary green (whichever one you choose) as the outline, fully around the letters not just the side, would be enough and would create a better look.

And I agree about the font. It just seems a little too much. Maybe finding a way too simplify it some would help.

Hey everyone, i want to start this off by saying I really don't like the Bucks' current identity, especially considering how good I think they have looked in the past. Im also a huge fan of the new Hornets rebrand, and after seeing it I was inspired to attempt to do for the Bucks what was done for the Hornets. So heres what I came up with, C&C appreciated.

Ful project available HERE

MilwaukeeBucksPrimaryLogoBackground_zps3

https://www.behance.net/gallery/18630075/Milwaukee-Bucks

Thanks, let me know what you think.

I think it's a great look all-in-all, however I think the deer's neck need to be thinned a bit, less like a bull, more like a sleek, fast buck. Also a bit of seperation between the base of each antler would go a long wat to making them look attached vs. a hat.

canada.png

just wondering if you could do other one of that deer mascot (Bango?) without a pair of basketball shoes? i am curious to compare that to the original logo which you just did

MilwaukeeBucksMascotLogoBackground_zps60

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Really, really nice. The only suggestion I would make is maybe to rethink the antlers. To me that look almost "flame" like. Search google for whitetail or mule deer antlers. I'm sure you probably have already, but I think you could really make the logo pop with a better rack.

wow, not sure how I overlooked this but its great. Removing red really sets it off too. The only thing I don't like are the fonts, but I love how the scruff/neck of the Buck makes a subtle "M". I have always loved the tri-shade side panels that I've seen on a few concepts so I'm all for it.

I think the deer's eyes in the secondary logo look too cartoony, and that's making it look less "major league." Interesting update overall.

Are you referring to the Mascot logo? It's supposed to be cartoony.

Archived