Milwaukee Bavarians & Madison 56ers logos (Milwaukee update P.2)

mcrosby

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I've changed up the top so that it reads more as MADISON instead of MAD SON. I've also updated Forward, the statue atop the capitol (I forgot to on the right logo, just pretend).

I'm confused; in order to make it feel part of the the white text, you changed the statue back to yellow?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Alright, I've changed up the top so that it reads more as MADISON instead of MAD SON. I've also updated Forward, the statue atop the capitol (I forgot to on the right logo, just pretend).

I'm confused; in order to make it feel part of the the white text, you changed the statue back to yellow?

I've made the MAD SON white, less contrasting to the yellow.

• 2 weeks later...

Really liking the Ravarians crest you did. Nice way to incorporate with the Bundesrepublik of Bavaria flag and the use of barley. Can I ask why you use a gear wheel? Still a very clean, simple design.

Probably because this (...sigh...) is Milwaukee's flag.

Milwaukee_Flag.png

Great work on the crest... only thing I might change is making the lozenges bigger, as to be easier to reproduce at smaller sizes.

Yeah, it was created by an alderman in the 50s who stole ideas from all the other proposed flags and won the contest. And most of the things on the flag aren't even relevant to the city anymore. I've been saying for years we need a new one.

Wow, that Bavarians crest is terrific. I'll echo illwauk: zoom in a bit on the flag in the middle, so that you eliminate the slivers around the edges. You also might want to give the text (which could be a little bolder) a little breathing room away from the wheat. All in all, well, this is head and shoulders above the Madison crest.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow, that Bavarians crest is terrific. I'll echo illwauk: zoom in a bit on the flag in the middle, so that you eliminate the slivers around the edges. You also might want to give the text (which could be a little bolder) a little breathing room away from the wheat. All in all, well, this is head and shoulders above the Madison crest.

You really think the disparity between the two is that strong? I'm quite happy with the Madison crest.

mcrosby, nice job on the final update to the 56ers. I like the how the ball is more incorporated into the dome. FWIW, I still like the gold man atop the dome.

As for the Bavarians, I think it is nearly perfect -- especially love the addition of barley. I am not a huge fan of the gear wheel.

In no way necessary, but I think some things -- secondary logos -- would be cool if you mimicked the old crest by having Bavarian Soccer Club, as well as Milwaukee on the crest. It might also look pretty cool to incorporate the yellow from the city flag for the barley.

Couple of updates: removed the slivers, larger font size, smaller wheat. You'll also notice a color change, because a 4th tier team is bound to try BFBS at some point.

c94pxy8.png

Well, they have already started wearing black shorts.

Love the updates, but I'd still like to see an all blue version if at all possible.

Archived