Toronto Raptors Gold and Black.

Sidney

Hi guys, I've update my kits, the collar is I think more confortable now, My problem is that colors don't look like they are on my computer (photobucket) changes my colors (darker).

Enjoy tell me what you think!

Home & Away

newupdate_zps79ca550c.jpg

Third & St.Patrick

2nd_zpsd05469d1.jpg

hNa1bgX.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Toronto Raptors logo is probably my 3rd all time favorite NBA logo, (First two being the nuggets pickaxe logo, and original Hugo Hornet), and I loved them being Red Purple and Black. I really hated the loss of purple. And I would hate to see the red get replaced with gold. However, if this was what became the logo and the uniforms I would warm up to the colors. (I'd finally be able to like a team with Gold and black because I hate the CU Buffs lol.)

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

I'm liking the update. A few things with the uniforms: one would be to get rid of the outlines on the black and gold uniforms, I think they would look better as a solid color. Another small suggestion I have is to make the claw design on the jersey a little bit smaller. It looks like they'd probably be tucked in the shorts.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm liking the update. A few things with the uniforms: one would be to get rid of the outlines on the black and gold uniforms, I think they would look better as a solid color. Another small suggestion I have is to make the claw design on the jersey a little bit smaller. It looks like they'd probably be tucked in the shorts.

Thank you mate, I'll make the subtitutions. ;)

hNa1bgX.png

Great redesign, much better than the actual current logo and uniforms.

Thanks mate, I appreciate ;)

Were you planning on doing redesigns for other teams with currently tacky logos?

Hmmmm, I don't know, maybe soon after this one :D

hNa1bgX.png

I agree with CAB here. For the jersey claw marks, I would make them the same as on the shorts. Additionally, "Raptors" and "Toronto" are still arched differently. Whichever way you go, they should at least match. I would also use one of the two standard fonts for the NOB (block or the one that the Raptors currently use). Lastly, the logo on the shorts is a little crowded. Maybe move the claws a little farther forward on the shorts and the logo a little farther back. That way the logo is nestled in the open area at the lower-back of the claw marks.

I agree with CAB here. For the jersey claw marks, I would make them the same as on the shorts. Additionally, "Raptors" and "Toronto" are still arched differently. Whichever way you go, they should at least match. I would also use one of the two standard fonts for the NOB (block or the one that the Raptors currently use). Lastly, the logo on the shorts is a little crowded. Maybe move the claws a little farther forward on the shorts and the logo a little farther back. That way the logo is nestled in the open area at the lower-back of the claw marks.

"Toronto" & "Raptors" are arche with the same angle which is 20%, I am looking to fix this problem. maybe it's a question of size!

hNa1bgX.png

Here is the substitution.

Outlines & claws on the leaf

upupdate_zps88647fa0.jpg

Claws size ( too small no?)

leafsize_zps852274ce.jpg

hNa1bgX.png

Here are the substitutions:

Outlines and claws on leaf (which one works)

upupdate_zps88647fa0.jpg

The leaf over the name, better or too small?

leafsize_zps852274ce.jpg

hNa1bgX.png

NOOOOO!! Do not remove the outlines on the jerseys and numbers! ! I strongly but respectively disagree with CAB! Possibly most of the board may agree or disagree with me. But the outlines made them POP!

If you need more proof look at the Charlotte Hornets thread when the new jerseys came out. Even Paul Lukas at Uni Watch agreed. Outlines makes most jerseys look better. It turned these from Billy Dee Williams to Billy Ray Cyrus. Still cool but not as good. Sorry to rant but I was shock to see you change from the other post.

shado_logo.gif

First of all, I love both the primary and secondary logos. The primary is just fantastic. Great work on those.

I preferred the uniforms without the white, (gold/black only) and the shade of gold itself might be worth tweaking. The promotional "Drake night" gold had less saturation in it and I liked it more. I just can't help but see the Missouri Tigers' uniforms from a few years back with this particular color scheme. They've since updated their colors to use more of an athletic gold and it doesn't really matter much anyway but if I didn't see a name or logo, I'd probably think it was a concept for Missouri. I think I understand your reasoning for the colors but thought it was worth a mention.

12+Men+Basketball+Tournament+Day+1+-3HGoea20090326_mjr_su5_036.jpgdrake-ovo-raptors-shirt-11.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Yes I understand both of you, do you know something else than photobucket? it doesn't respect my colors my colors are supposed to be lighter that what we're seing. By the way here are the almost final primary logo, I've change his nails to show the top, gives the impression that is claws are into the ball, I added shadows on nails and on the ball. On the B I added some shadows on his teeth.

finals2_zps1b34d36a.jpg

I'll post jersey with outlines and without, I'll keep everyone happy ;)

hNa1bgX.png

Regarding your latest post, I like A better. The teeth shading is a little much.

Regarding the arching, "Raptors" is RADIALLY arched, where each letter is rotated, and if the text kept going it would make a big circle. "Toronto" is VERTICALLY arched, where the sides of all the letters are vertical. I like the vertical arch better.

Regarding your latest post, I like A better. The teeth shading is a little much.

Regarding the arching, "Raptors" is RADIALLY arched, where each letter is rotated, and if the text kept going it would make a big circle. "Toronto" is VERTICALLY arched, where the sides of all the letters are vertical. I like the vertical arch better.

Yh I just noticed what you said but I don't know how I did it, I'll search for it :)

hNa1bgX.png

Archived