mattwillcox

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IHe2cOr.png

Alabama Crimson Tide

The Inspiration

eiAdNVA.png

Subtle design elements have been used with Alabama to stay true to their classic look. An updated A logo is now placed on the right side of the helmet, with the traditional number remaining on the left. White has been replaced with elephant grey to create a reserved and strong feeling to the uniform. The sleeves feature a double crimson design with the cross of St. Andrew set within the houndstooth pattern, which is then repeated on the collar. A strong block font has been used, and the single bold stripe from the helmet has been repeated on the pants to complete the look.

The Design

rJvcgJv.png

xUiTfCu.png

LSU Tigers

The Inspiration

MZOtTaK.png

This uniform for LSU is a modern take on the current look. The traditional shoulder stripes have been tapered to best fit the modern uniform cut, with tapered helmet and pants stripes to match. A tiger stripe design has been integrated into the striping throughout the uniform. The traditional helmet design has been altered slightly to allow for the new tiger logo to be featured more prominently. In addition an all new number font has been designed, taking inspiration from the LSU font used on the helmets.

The Design

CIy388t.png

QyIvFcK.png

Being an Auburn fan, it's probably odd for me to defend Alabama's uniforms like I do. But I've yet to see a concept that would actually be plausible...until now. I really like that. I like the subtle state flag in the shoulders and love that houndstooth isn't in your face like many people like to have it.

LSU is an enjoyable twist on a very classic look. I like the middle striping extending into the outer stripes with the tiger striping. And I think the new number font fits very well.

Nicely done!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

as a bama fan, and a uniform traditionalist, i could totally get on board for that uniform in a one-off situation. love the use of grey, and i absolutely love the incorporation of the state flag.

only change i'd make would be the helmet. i'd stick with numbers only. the A itself just doesn't do it for me. even if it's only on one side.

But as for the concepts. Of course I really like them, your style is fantastic, but I think Alabama looks a lot like Georgia's and Ohio State's previous Pro combat unis. Granted that is from far, & the details really seperate them, but just saying

Wow. These are just spectacular. There really is complaints about any of these. Can't wait for the next 2.

Also, @mvptees on instagram posted your photoshopped images of the Oregon and OSU uniforms and didn't give credit.

Holy :censored:, I just Googled them, they've ripped off so much stuff I've seen on these boards.

This is sickening...Even their original stuff (I would assume it's original) aren't any good.

Here's the link if anyone is interested. http://www.enjoygram.com/mvptees

EDIT: In the info portion on his account, he writes " ** not all concepts are mines ** " Yes, "mines".

What I'm trying to figure out if if he's selling some of the stuff he stole, if so something needs to be done. And if you ask me, he's using the concepts as advertising regardless, the designers of the work he posts may need to contact him.

The problem is that this is a growing issue, especially on instagram. One reason I avoid that site/app like the plague

There are so many websites useing are images. Well your images. Countless of times i have searched redesign for inspiration, reconized a concept but it was on another site

I commented on his page & said "none of the concepts that you post are yours, you can't steal this work" & i was blocked. Wow

Come on over to the Stolen Work thread. That's where we are continuing this conversation. Hate to cludder this thread up too much.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

These are really cool! Just went through the whole series and enjoyed each matchup and seeing where your inspirations from. Oregon and Miami in particular are really, really nice. I usually hate all these new futuristic designs they're coming out in real life, but that is because it usually seem to take some crazy inspiration with hardly any (if any at all) connection to the school and team. Here you were able to pull together great ispirations and ideas and put them together very beautifully without going too crazy.

That tiger striping on LSU is absolutely beautiful. In real life if the tradition heavy LSU wouldn't use it full time I could see Missouri or even the Bengals looking very nice with them. In fact I feel it would look absoutely amazing for the Bengals.

Hope you decide to do some more rivalries (sp?). I think some more obscure ones could be fun. Or new rivals from the conference realignments like Missouri-Arkansas or Utah-Colorado (not sure if they try and force that in the Pac-12, don't follow it that much). Or Army-Navy, even though I feel they do something like this every year now.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I love love love the LSU set. It manages to be classic and creative at the same time. A minor tweak for LSU: I think it would look better if the sleeve and pant stripes were uniform width like their current set. I think Alabama runs into the gray for grays sake problem. I don't have a problem with the logo on one side, or the sublimated flag pattern on the sleeve, but the gray doesn't make much sense. I've seen some do a faint houndstooth pattern to get away from the pure white. I think that works. Just not a fan of the gray.

Considering I believe LSU and Alabama have the best two current uniforms in football I usually hate all concepts done by both. However, I do like the gray pants for Bama, but I could do without the chrome stripe. As for LSU, I am not digging the tiger stripes and this one just not work at all. But hey, you can be perfect at all times.

spacer.png

Archived