Footy Concepts: Chicago Fire Now Up 8/25

TimEOBrien

Now that Everton has a blue home kit and a black away kit, the general consensus is that they'll need a third clash kit this season. This is my best guess at what I think it might/should look like.

14585960748_18b42c7b74_b.jpg14585960658_de9fc3cdc6_b.jpg

I've picked this color based on the fact that they've used it a lot in the team's training gear. If they go for a more traditional look, I think it might look something like this:

14772262812_7c85647fe5_b.jpg14772597835_2d992521ca_b.jpg

I believe that the BPL has a certain set of colors which can be used for the numerals and name on back: black, white, navy, red & gold. So I don't think the purple numbers would be realistic. But it's not a bad design. The purple would be a unique choice for the league.

gYH2mW9.png

Things are pointing to a white kit with pink trim, so you got that right and have it looking nice.

But it is a bit bright, especially the numbers and the crest (and the Umbro logo for symmetry's sake.) I would see them using black trim, for the numbers/NOB, the logos (team, sponsor, and supplier) and on the shorts.

Speaking of shorts, we do need one pair of 'light' shorts, so the white short option would be the better one. Keep the purple trim, but still switch the logos and numbers to black. A coloured collar would wrap up this kit quite nicely as well.

So yeah, basically keep the purple as a trim, but make the more prominent and central features of the kit a darker colour, which black would make more sense, and you have an extremely solid option IMO.

I believe that the BPL has a certain set of colors which can be used for the numerals and name on back: black, white, navy, red & gold. So I don't think the purple numbers would be realistic. But it's not a bad design. The purple would be a unique choice for the league.

Is this true? If so that's :censored:ing stupid.

Things are pointing to a white kit with pink trim, so you got that right and have it looking nice.

But it is a bit bright, especially the numbers and the crest (and the Umbro logo for symmetry's sake.) I would see them using black trim, for the numbers/NOB, the logos (team, sponsor, and supplier) and on the shorts.

Speaking of shorts, we do need one pair of 'light' shorts, so the white short option would be the better one. Keep the purple trim, but still switch the logos and numbers to black. A coloured collar would wrap up this kit quite nicely as well.

So yeah, basically keep the purple as a trim, but make the more prominent and central features of the kit a darker colour, which black would make more sense, and you have an extremely solid option IMO.

I could try black trim. that'd work nicely with the away kit and means they could swap the black shorts in if they wanted. As for light shorts, they've already debuted the white shorts with blue trim that you see in one of my first concepts when they unveiled their home kit. In fact, I prefer that look to the solid blue they wore in their first preseason game.

efc__1403731540_Leighton_Baines_New_Kit_Gareth+Barry+Tranmere+Rovers+v+Everton+9

The pink looks a little too purple to me, other than that, I hope their thirds look like this.

Yeah, actually it's less purple-y than the warm up/training stuff they've been wearing this preseason.

Is this true? If so that's :censored:ing stupid.

It is true yes. The number of colours has increased since the current font below was released. For example royal blue and yellow are now available.

lettering.jpg

It kind of makes sense in that I can buy a shirt for any team in any part of the country and get proper shirt printing from any shop - because each shop stocks the standard colours. In other terms, I won't be stuck with the wrong shade of blue on the back of my Tottenham shirt which I buy in Liverpool.

It also helps restrict outlandish colour choices. Shirt numbers need to be visibile to the referee (for obvious reasons) and also to television audiences and people attending the games in person.

As for the concept... yes I could see any of these being used. They fit the bill for being typical of both Umbro and Everton. With the home kit having the traditional white shorts I would imagine they will opt for something different on the away. So probably option 2 or 4 as you have it are more likely than 1 or 3.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

love both of those. Everton really has some nice colours and I love that they don't force them together, they often just then them work on their own. Kind of curious about a Pink and Blue kit would look like on your template there

love both of those. Everton really has some nice colours and I love that they don't force them together, they often just then them work on their own. Kind of curious about a Pink and Blue kit would look like on your template there

I tried this combination yesterday. Icky. VISUAL APPROXIMATION:

3187-01.jpg

So that doesn't work exactly...

As far as the USA, make both sleeves blue, but other than that, it's fantastic. Also, I'd go with the white top blue shorts if I was Everton, since it is like the opposite of their normal kit.... Following the footsteps of the new Liverpool kits... FANTASTIC JOB

And make the usa socks have parallel lines, not slanted like you have them

Archived