Cleveland Browns Interlocking CB

mmajeski06

That hat logo immediately came to mind when I saw the proof sheet. Which could be why that logo did not get any traction unless it's being proposed for the future.

They used an interlocking 'CB' at midfield for at least 1993. Below is footage, Eric Metcalf run back two punts for score to beat the Steelers.

That's an awesome video. The cheering had a passion and intensity might've died when the team moved. That just sounded different.

Another one that's never made it into any official style guide.

They used an interlocking 'CB' at midfield for at least 1993. Below is footage, Eric Metcalf run back two punts for score to beat the Steelers.

Amazing video! True passion in the stands, wow. The Browns also look perfect in those uniforms. They should've kept the TV numbers on the sleeves instead of moving them up to the shoulders. Still works with today's uniforms (Redskins). Also, that white facemask is much better on their uniform compared to the grey one.

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, all teams had a "fashion hat" with just their initials in the team font. I remember seeing DC- Dallas, PS- Pittsburgh... etc... in the team font. I had the Browns CB Hat. it was cream, with a brown bill/visor. Man, had I known then to take pictures of this stuff...

Also, the end-zone font was generic as well... all teams had sweatshirts with the same script. Browns and Bears looked identical at first glance.

Archived