Sign in to follow this  
mmajeski06

Cleveland Browns Interlocking CB

The interlocks should be in reverse. This reads like "BC" rather than "CB."

That hat logo immediately came to mind when I saw the proof sheet. Which could be why that logo did not get any traction unless it's being proposed for the future.

That's from the same time frame as the New England NE logo. I think all the teams had them.

They used an interlocking 'CB' at midfield for at least 1993. Below is footage, Eric Metcalf run back two punts for score to beat the Steelers.

That's an awesome video. The cheering had a passion and intensity might've died when the team moved. That just sounded different.

CWX, do You have that CB midfield logo from the video above? I can't even make out what It's supposed to be (knowing It's a CB)

They used an interlocking 'CB' at midfield for at least 1993. Below is footage, Eric Metcalf run back two punts for score to beat the Steelers.

Amazing video! True passion in the stands, wow. The Browns also look perfect in those uniforms. They should've kept the TV numbers on the sleeves instead of moving them up to the shoulders. Still works with today's uniforms (Redskins). Also, that white facemask is much better on their uniform compared to the grey one.

I hope the white facemask makes a come back with the redesign. But no, we'll probably get chrome orange.

CWX, do You have that CB midfield logo from the video above? I can't even make out what It's supposed to be (knowing It's a CB)

Unfortunately, no.

If I remember correctly, all teams had a "fashion hat" with just their initials in the team font. I remember seeing DC- Dallas, PS- Pittsburgh... etc... in the team font. I had the Browns CB Hat. it was cream, with a brown bill/visor. Man, had I known then to take pictures of this stuff...

Also, the end-zone font was generic as well... all teams had sweatshirts with the same script. Browns and Bears looked identical at first glance.

This came to mind when I saw the the midfield logo in the Eric Metcalf video...

$_57.JPG