Favorite Flag?

jaker52

Came across this gem. Its the 1837 US Flag variant that has 26 stars shaped into a star itself. I wonder which state is represented by the largest star.. probably Michigan due to this flag being implemented when it became a state.

1235px-US_26_Star_GreatStar_Flag.svg.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine all the arguing about where to put an extra star if the US ever adds a 51st state? People would lose their minds.

The US Army Institute of Heraldry apparently has a 51 star flag design ready to go if a 51st state is ever added.

us51_zps6b5036a8.png

Can you imagine all the arguing about where to put an extra star if the US ever adds a 51st state? People would lose their minds.

The US Army Institute of Heraldry apparently has a 51 star flag design ready to go if a 51st state is ever added.

us51_zps6b5036a8.png

OK, then... 52 ;) .

Nova Scotia:

Flag-of-Nova-Scotia.jpg

Australia:

australia_flag_flying1.jpg

1957-65 Canadian Red Ensign:

5748645082_b8418c09b5_z.jpg

(I prefer the 1921-57 version, though this was the highest-quality pic I could find of either version)

800px-Canadian_Red_Ensign_1921_to_1957_N

1.JPG

$%28KGrHqN,%21qUFHeL2Nhk+BR70i2Pe-Q~~60_

Anyone with a Canadian address can get a free 26x32" printed flag poster of the red ensign (and others) from the government. [There is also a larger (than this html image) pdf of the posters on the site]:

evolution-of-the-Canadian-Red-Ensign_135

http://www.pch.gc.ca/eng/1359141423413/1359141493662

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Here's another badass flag: it represents all the Celtic nations by being made up of all their different flags:

640px-A_flag_made_of_various_others.png

The creator says the one in the upper-left represents England, but the English are not a Celtic people.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It also falls short as a flag that integrates other designs. The South African flag and Union Jack find ways to work different flag designs into each other. This one just awkwardly shoehorns multiple flags into one. There's no integration.

Anyone with a Canadian address can get a free 26x32" printed flag poster of the red ensign (and others) from the government. [There is also a larger (than this html image) pdf of the posters on the site]:

evolution-of-the-Canadian-Red-Ensign_135

http://www.pch.gc.ca/eng/1359141423413/1359141493662

Thanks for that post, ordered all of them. We shall see how that goes :)

I really like Richmond, Virginia's flag...

800px-Flag_of_Richmond,_Virginia.svg.png

Do they actually fly it? I've looked for awhile but can't find a picture of it flying.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I really like Richmond, Virginia's flag...

800px-Flag_of_Richmond,_Virginia.svg.png

Do they actually fly it? I've looked for awhile but can't find a picture of it flying.

Not that I've seen, but I don't really go downtown that much.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

It's a real shame that City flags don't get flown much :(
Like how many people actually know what the Los Angeles flag looks like? I swear that thing is never associated with the actual city ever.
I think Toronto, Indy and New York are the only ones that actually fly their flags. I may have seen on Philly flag, but I have never seen a Tampa flag in Tampa.... thats probably a good thing.

BTW, is this not the best flag ever? Oh god, its like some kid just posted random stuff using Power Point and this happened.

900px-Flag_of_Nevada_1905.svg.png

Like how many people actually know what the Los Angeles flag looks like? I swear that thing is never associated with the actual city ever.

I think Toronto, Indy and New York are the only ones that actually fly their flags. I may have seen on Philly flag, but I have never seen a Tampa flag in Tampa.... thats probably a good thing.

This. Some city flags are better than state or country flags for sure. I love Los Angeles' city flag and it's a shame it doesn't get flown. I'm not a fan of the city seal on it though. I'm not a fan of any seal or words on a flag. I give LA a pass though because it's home and it's so colorful.

image-27.jpg

This. Some city flags are better than state or country flags for sure. I love Los Angeles' city flag and it's a shame it doesn't get flown. I'm not a fan of the city seal on it though. I'm not a fan of any seal or words on a flag. I give LA a pass though because it's home and it's so colorful.

image-27.jpg

If they used just the shield, it'd be a huge improvement.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

image-27.jpg

If they used just the shield, it'd be a huge improvement.
An improvement, yes, but even the shield is still more detailed than necessary according to current flag standards. It would be nice if there was an element that was simple to draw, but represented LA well.

Archived