Can-Am Baseball Confederacy (Hand-Drawn Concepts) [12/40]

AdRice97

I missed these last couple, but they look awesome! The Oakland logo looks like it was designed by a proffesional, so that's great. I think that the road on the Emeralds should be yellow, just to vary the look between teams. And Calgary looks good, I love the combination of modern logos with classic pinstripes.

Thank you, very much. After you've pointed out the Emeralds coloring, I can see what you mean-the only difference is the color of the jersey. I'll look to change that with my edits after I finish out the division.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here we have the third team in the Cascadia Division, the Vancouver Ports (renamed from the Inlets). Will be posting the Portland Pioneers shortly (on the 8th hopefully) before I finish out the division by making some updates.

rbbgFlJ.jpg

I'd like to apologize for not posting for a bit, I've been having a bit of trouble completing the Portland set. However, I powered through and have something to show to you guys. Let me know what you think and I'll work on updates as well as move onto the next division.

I used red and brown because they had a pioneer feel and red and green to pay respect to Portland's nickname the City of Roses.

eFoHQmi.jpg

So I'll address the edits for the Cascadia Division in the morning, mainly TheGiantFan's comment about the Vancouver numbers and namiller8's about Portland lacking brown in the first two sets.

For now, I have the first team in the Four Corners Division, the Arizona Cacti, based in Phoenix. Their colors are cream, red, and green. Naturally the main home jersey is cream based, although it came out a bit more orange than I would have liked. The green comes from the color of a cactus, the red from the sun and heat of the area, and the cream from the land/general region.

aj6Nh3h.jpg

The one for Portland is very creative, it kinda inspires me to create my own hand written concepts

Thank you, very much. It's good to hear that I've inspired someone. I was inspired by TheGiantFan's hand-drawn thread that he started a while back so it's cool that we're all inspiring each other.

I saw the thread you started, and I, like many others, would recommend that you draw some stuff up before you start the thread. One easy way to do so if you're hand-drawing is to print out a uniform template and either draw right on there or trace it onto another sheet.

If you have any questions or need some help, please feel free to send me a message and I'll be happy to help.

Second in the Four Corners Division is the Colorado Bighorns, named for the regions bighorn sheep. The black is the main tribute to them while the blue and purple speak to the frostiness of the state. Their 'C' logo is a recolored version of that on the state flag, which is also the main inspiration of the main logo (note: I am thinking of making it a secondary logo and creating a new primary).

I felt that this set was a bit of a hit and miss and I'm afraid I may have missed, but rather than scrapping everything I wanted to get your guys' ideas before I make any edits. Next up will be the Salt Lake Saints.

zlOUEt4.jpg

Up next I have the Salt Lake Saints, named for the area/county, leaving out the "City" moniker that can usually be found in the name of teams from the area. I struggled with finding a name for the team, but ended up going with Saints because of the religious history/presence and because this is all made up.

I'm not sure how much I like the secondary logo but the bigger issue could the cross on the BP jersey/cap. I'm thinking of adding a halo on top of each cap similar to what the Angels used to have (which would show up in the second version).

QKWoIR4.jpg

The Saints have a very unique color scheme

I'll take that as a good thing, I hope.

Do you use a specific template for this

All I did was copy and paste any of the uniforms for an MLB team that are on this site, printed some out on a page, and then traced them over and over again onto another sheet. Alternately, you can find the same template but blank and just draw right on there.

So I'm really liking your execution on these concepts. Your wordmarks and logos are creative and clean. The whole packages looks very professional. However, I'm having trouble interpreting your teams' identities. It seems like each of your teams uses three or four colors, but in each uniform, it seems like one color is either left out or barely used. For instance, with Salt Lake, the home uses red and purple and the away uses yellow and red. Besides the wordmark, the home and away jerseys could be for completely different teams. I think your teams' identities could benefit greatly from using all their colors in the majority of your jerseys. Almost all MLB and MiLB teams do it. That's just my two cents, though.

These last four teams have been pretty good.

For Portland, I really like the color scheme and I especially like your primary logo. I think that you should try to incorporate more rose elements into tgis design, though.

For Arizona, I kinda feel that the logo is a bit "off." I do appreciate the several parts of the logo, but I think you could improve on the unification of ths logo. See the Mets as an example for that.

Colorado is one of my most favorite concepts you have here. Very well done and with a very unique color scheme. I especially like the "Bighorns" wordmark.

I really like the Salt Lake primary logo. I know that you already have a set team name for SLC, did you consider any bee-related names as it is most appropriate for Utah?

And now for a problem I've noticed for a lot of your teams. I'm just restating what Philsphan said towards color unity. The colors should be consistent throughout and no one jersey leaves out a color.

Overall, great concepts as always!

Alright, loving the responses but I need some input. I'm thinking of changing New Mexico from the Greater Roadrunners to either Flames or Enchantment, but I can't figure out which.

I'll be out of town for the weekend but will have all the updates for the last two divisions (including many new jerseys with all the colors) and New Mexico finished by Monday, so please stay tuned.

I'll be able to comment, just not post my concepts.

Archived