Can-Am Baseball Confederacy (Hand-Drawn Concepts) [12/40]

AdRice97

No real complaints for me about San Diego except for the name. Most likely, I think people would think that "whitecaps" refers to snow-capped mountains instead of waves. And obviously, San Diego has no snow-capped mountains for most of the year (I don't even know if their mountains get snow at all). I suggest changing the name to "Breakers" or something more wave-related instead.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a native Michigander, I would hate to see Detroit in any division that didn't include, Indy, Chicago, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Cleveland, or Minnesota. These are all of Detroit's rivals, put them close to altogether at least

2013RoseBowlPNGsg_zps49cea191.png

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

FC BAYERN MUNCHEN-MICHIGAN STATE-THE DETROIT FOUR-WASHINGTON REDSKINS-LA LAKERS

4AsGv8I.jpg

I like this set, but the main problem I see with it is that their socks on the home and alt are the sme color as the rest of the uniform I see that as jumpsuit-ish and it looks silly. I suggest using navy socks for all three. Aside from that, solid identity for San Diego.

NEWSGG copy.png

Third in the California Division we have the San Francisco Rails. The Oakland Ports will be coming up next to finish off the division. After each division has been uploaded I will go back and make any edits that have been suggested before moving onto the next division.

orBha8d.jpg

Hmm, the Rails seems a bit rough, in my opinion. Before I post my complaints, I would like to applaud you for using orange and black. Haha.

Anyways, the inconsistency between the "San Francisco" and the "Rails" scripts kinda bugs me; is there a reasoning behind that?

Tying in with the rails thing you got going, it would be pretty cool to incorporate more elements of the famed San Francisco cable cars in there. It just only makes sense.

Other than those, it's still a pretty sweet concept!

Going to address all the comments for San Francisco here rather than replying to each comment.

My guess is that it's the lower quality images I had to settle for because of my vacation these past two days, but the colors are supposed to be red/ochre, dark brown, and skin tone/cream, not orange or black. Like (almost) every team, the Rails also use just three colors. I will re-scan the images when I return home for a better look.

As for the inconsistency with the scripts, my idea was that the road one had a traditional feel, as well as a boxy look almost like that of a classic cable car. The home script was supposed to be more modern and "trendy" using the slant to give it the idea of a high-speed commuter train. This would incorporate classic in the road and modern in the home.

I agree, I could take more from the cable cars to make this identity.

After I finish up Oakland and post it today I'll go back and look at what I could change and post both old and new to see what you guys think.

Thanks for the feedback.

I like a lot of your ideas here, but as someone from Colorado, I really think Columbines is a poor choice. Columbine pretty much means one thing here. I know it is the state flower, but everyone tends to think of the shooting as soon as they hear Columbine.

Here are some ideas I would consider instead:

DENVER PROSPECTORS - Denver has a rich gold mining history

COLORADO TRAPPERS - Colorado's rich history of fur trapping/trading

COLORADO BIG HORNS - Colorado's state animal

Also for Tennesse, I would consider Moonshiners

I like a lot of your ideas here, but as someone from Colorado, I really think Columbines is a poor choice. Columbine pretty much means one thing here. I know it is the state flower, but everyone tends to think of the shooting as soon as they hear Columbine.

Here are some ideas I would consider instead:

DENVER PROSPECTORS - Denver has a rich gold mining history

COLORADO TRAPPERS - Colorado's rich history of fur trapping/trading

COLORADO BIG HORNS - Colorado's state animal

Also for Tennesse, I would consider Moonshiners

Thanks for the ideas, there are some teams where I really need new names for, Colorado being one of them. I'll definitely use one of these that you suggested.

So here's Oakland, the last team in the California Division. Halfway through my logo creation process I changed their name from Ports to Anchors, allowing me to keep the same logo and the same theme for the team. I'm considering renaming Vancouver the Ports, as "Inlets" isn't much and Ports works for that city too.

I'm currently taking all of your suggestions into account for the past three teams, as well as any others that you might want to add for the entire division, Oakland included. I'll post some updates tomorrow before moving onto the next division.ow4m5am.jpg

For Oakland, I really like the shading you have on the anchor and I wish it carried on more in the identity.

The weird widths on the "Oakland" wordmark bug me quite a bit. Maybe thickening up the O would work, or maybe incorporating parts of the (excellently done) primary logo into the O. And probably an anchor working as the "tail" on the script would be really cool.

I do like the unique green, blue, gray color scheme you used.

CALIFORNIA DIVISION UPDATES -- Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland (no updates to San Francisco)

Los Angeles Stars

UPDATES: Removed black pants from the black alternate jersey - either home or road will be worn with instead; Switched the home and road caps to reflect the jersey colors better.

gWiOb32.jpg

San Diego Whitecaps

UPDATES: Replaced home and alternate socks with striped navy socks to removed jumpsuit look.

bpBohIU.jpg

Oakland Anchors

UPDATES: Thickened parts of road 'Oakland' script; Added a second home cap option

ljsBThs.jpg

First up in the Cascadia Division is the Seattle Emeralds, the state of Washington's only team in the Confederacy. Up next in this division will be the Portland Pioneers, the Vancouver Ports, and the Calgary Stampede.

wqLh2N1.jpg

Wasn't able to post this yesterday, but I'm back with the second team from the Cascadia Division, the Calgary Stampede, one of six Canadian teams in the Confederacy. I would love to get feedback on this set and Seattle's before I post Vancouver.

GmYBqUN.jpg

I missed these last couple, but they look awesome! The Oakland logo looks like it was designed by a proffesional, so that's great. I think that the road on the Emeralds should be yellow, just to vary the look between teams. And Calgary looks good, I love the combination of modern logos with classic pinstripes.

That's what- She

Archived