2014 NCFA Yearbook Release

drdougfresh

IT'S HERE!

iwZraW6.png

I'll be releasing the second annual NCFA Yearbook tomorrow, so I figured I'd start a thread here as well since a lot of members rarely venture into the fantasy section. I'll post the teasers here as well:

1zc0e9.png35jkt9y.png
2my6eeu.jpg29eljeb.jpg
(I messed up my countdown... whoops.)

And in case you missed it, here's the making-of for the cover athlete this year, Jordan Lynch:

And another swap for the FCS-destroying monster that is Zach Zenner:

Excited to share this with the community! It's such a fun project to work on with so many great people from the boards here. Stay tuned :)

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You need a vacation.

I've actually taken two in the middle of all this, believe it or not. :P

Must be fantasy, there is no way Zach would play for a team called the Coyotes! p.s. awesome videos

Ha. I didn't even think of that. My wife's family is from up there and everyone is a SDSU fan, too.

The anticipation of seeing a TSTSU uniform on a real player is killing me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

how long did that actually take?

In the video? Probably about an hourish for each one. I honestly don't remember. Most swaps take between 1-2 hours for me.

The yearbook? I started planning it during bowl season last year.

It's after midnight on the East Coast. Make with the release, you! :P

It's finally here! The day has come for you to feast your eyes on this massive labor of love.

Before diving in, I just want to thank the 'Yearbook team' this year:

• Scott Springer (scottysprings) - templated almost every single uniform you see in this guide, and he made some amazing kicks to accompany them. Scott's been my right hand on this project the last two years, and I can't thank him enough for all the hours he's put in on the details that make this stand out.
  • Chris Maurer (theoneandonlymau) - not a part of the league, but he cares for it like he's been a long-time member. His work on the Pursuits this year was just absolutely amazing. It's crazy to see what he can turn my vague team profiles into, and I think you'll like the finished product.
  • Thad McKinnon (Thad) - did a ton of writing this year, and that saved me a lot of hair-pulling. There's only so much you can write before your words start to run together. His 10-year-member perspective was great for one of the best articles in this publication, too.
  • Alex Carson (crashcarson15) - rounding out the team with some of the most entertaining conference previews I've read in a while. Wait til you get to the OWC wedding...

I'd also like to thank all the members of the league for your various contributions to this book. Whether or not you contributed directly, you've certainly been a part of the inspiration for what I think is one of the coolest things to ever come out of a fantasy football league.

If you feel inclined to pass this bad boy around on social media, use #ncfayearbook or my username @drdougfresh when you do. Just because I'm a nerd and I want to see how far this travels.

Without further ado, here we are, THE 2014 NCFA YEARBOOK:

iwZraW6.png

Never ever followed the fantasy league. And by followed I mean knew the logos and designs and what not. I've seen the cover video and that's basically it for this league.

I just went through every page very interested in the next. Very well put together and an awesome thing to do. This is something I would love to do for my friends in a small fantasy hockey league and I think you just sparked incentive to do that. Very nice job all around from everyone who helped that came out beautifully.

Archived