2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Bills... win??? an important game? I wonder if it was the Browns being the Browns, or the Bills NOT being the Bills?

The Bills Billed the first half, but made it all work in the second. It's really nice to have a QB with enough wisdom to realize all he had to do was manage the game. Orton had two picks (one in the end zone, which sucked), but he otherwise made smart plays throughout. Plus Hoyer didn't get lucky at the end, which seems to happen a bit. Now if only the Bills hadn't Billed those games against the Chiefs or Texas.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The AFC North goes 1-3 today and the one is only because Marvin Lewis used a challenge he didn't have to get the officials to go back and count the number of Buccaneers on the field. If the Jim Schwartz rule hadn't been put into effect the Bucs have the ball on the 20 yard line down one point. They were going to make that field goal.

Marvin Lewis threw the challenge flag inside the final two minutes, which he isn't allowed to do. The refs took a timeout from the Bengals per rules, but still reviewed the play (under the old rules they wouldn't have looked at it), counted twelve guys, and gave the Bucs the right penalty, which pushed them back out of field goal range. Bengals defense held up on the next two plays.

I get on Marvin Lewis a lot and his decision to onside kick after taking a 14-10 lead put them in the position of having to defend a 14-13 lead at the end of the game, but that was a great bit of officiating management.

The Bengals finally get some separation from the division. Now lead by 1.5 games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think a team like Oakland or St Louis may pick him up. Neither have consistent options at

running back.

Tre Mason says "Hi".
Damn, he just looked great on that 90 yard run.

Unfortunately it's the only game on in my area, and can't get switched over. This is just brutal.

Consider my words eaten lol.

On another note, I'm losing fantasy football to a team in my league that scored 160 (unheard of) that had won one game all year. May miss the playoffs now.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

For the record, the Greatest Show on Turf from 1999-2001 only cracked 50 once. There has never been a blowout this big inflicted by the Rams as long as I have been a fan.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/11/26/jason-reid-tells-all-after-reported-benching-of-robert-griffin-iii/

Don't pay any attention to that nonsense about Robert still being in their long-term plans. They are trying to prop up publicly to trade him. He has been benched consecutive seasons and Gruden is done with him. My 7-year-old son would have assembled a better roster.

This isn't all on Robert. Just like it wasn't all on Campbell, or Shanny or Zorn or even Vinny. There are forces in the building that make failure inevitable. Believe that. Talking with a team source last month, I asked him how he thought this would end. "Soon and badly," he said. "Like most things [here]."

As for Robert potentially being a backup next season, I mean, c'mon people. Do you think Gruden wants that circus? Time for clean break. Still can't believe I once told Jason LaCanfora that maybe he was wrong about this place. That maybe people can change. Youth.

Often talking with Kyle, I got the sense he was more frustrated than angry with Robert. He didn't understand why Robert shut him out. Robert never acknowledged the role Kyle had in his success. Now, don't get me wrong. Kyle ain't Churchill. There are better communicators out there. But he didn't deserve what he got from Griffin. That's the truth.

Many moons ago, I sat in the elder Shanny's office as he laid out the problems with Griffin. As I think back, Shanny was planning his exit then. bet Shanny is having a good glass of red, counting Dan's money and laughing. He's got a lot of money to count. Elder Shanny wanted to take things slowly with Griffin after surgery. But there was the whole all-in-for-week-one nonsense and Robert, feeling empowered by the owner, who flexed his muscles behind the scenes. Shanny saw where it was headed, got fired and got paid. True gangster style.

From a former Redskins player in a DM: "I want him to succeed but he has to swallow the humble pie."

I've got a job to do. I'm not a fan. I'm paid to give my opinion. But I'm not happy about this. Its journalism.

Let it burn. Let the whole organization burn to hell.

rdIsTE2.gif

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Oakland got their doors blown off 52-0 to St. Louis. How did this team beat Kansas City again?

Hey rams80, why don't you put a pic of your mascot enjoying champagne on this win?
Don't tell him to be you.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Blount is doing great for the Patriots. Their response? Stop running and give the handoffs to Bolden and Vereen. Because that makes sense.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/11/26/jason-reid-tells-all-after-reported-benching-of-robert-griffin-iii/

Don't pay any attention to that nonsense about Robert still being in their long-term plans. They are trying to prop up publicly to trade him. He has been benched consecutive seasons and Gruden is done with him. My 7-year-old son would have assembled a better roster.

This isn't all on Robert. Just like it wasn't all on Campbell, or Shanny or Zorn or even Vinny. There are forces in the building that make failure inevitable. Believe that. Talking with a team source last month, I asked him how he thought this would end. "Soon and badly," he said. "Like most things [here]."

As for Robert potentially being a backup next season, I mean, c'mon people. Do you think Gruden wants that circus? Time for clean break. Still can't believe I once told Jason LaCanfora that maybe he was wrong about this place. That maybe people can change. Youth.

Often talking with Kyle, I got the sense he was more frustrated than angry with Robert. He didn't understand why Robert shut him out. Robert never acknowledged the role Kyle had in his success. Now, don't get me wrong. Kyle ain't Churchill. There are better communicators out there. But he didn't deserve what he got from Griffin. That's the truth.

Many moons ago, I sat in the elder Shanny's office as he laid out the problems with Griffin. As I think back, Shanny was planning his exit then. bet Shanny is having a good glass of red, counting Dan's money and laughing. He's got a lot of money to count. Elder Shanny wanted to take things slowly with Griffin after surgery. But there was the whole all-in-for-week-one nonsense and Robert, feeling empowered by the owner, who flexed his muscles behind the scenes. Shanny saw where it was headed, got fired and got paid. True gangster style.

From a former Redskins player in a DM: "I want him to succeed but he has to swallow the humble pie."

I've got a job to do. I'm not a fan. I'm paid to give my opinion. But I'm not happy about this. Its journalism.

Let it burn. Let the whole organization burn to hell.

rdIsTE2.gif

I agree.

As much as I trust and love Belichick, it's games like this that leave me shaking my head at his decision making. Why would you stop using LaGarrette Blount and give the ball to Brandon Bolden and Shane Vereen when Blount was consistently mowing down the Packers defense? Why would you go for a field goal and hope your defense would suddenly be able to stop an offense they've been burned by for the entire game? Ugh. I guess we're onto San Diego.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Here's the AFC right now:

9-3 Patriots

8-3 Broncos

8-3-1 Bengals

8-4 Colts

8-4 Chargers

7-4 Chiefs

7-5 Ravens

7-5 Steelers

7-5 Browns

7-5 Bills

6-5 Dolphins

6-6 Texans

A good football team won't be in the playoffs in the AFC this year. Meanwhile, the NFC South...

PvO6ZWJ.png

For the record, the Greatest Show on Turf from 1999-2001 only cracked 50 once. There has never been a blowout this big inflicted by the Rams as long as I have been a fan.

They really want out of the Ed, don't they?

9-3 Patriots

8-3 Broncos

8-3-1 Bengals

8-4 Colts

8-4 Chargers

7-4 Chiefs

7-5 Ravens

7-5 Steelers

7-5 Browns

7-5 Bills

6-5 Dolphins

6-6 Texans

A good football team won't be in the playoffs in the AFC this year. Meanwhile, the NFC South...

One thing's clear...Carolina and Tampa Bay are making sure that they want nothing to do with the playoffs.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

9-3 Patriots

8-3 Broncos

8-3-1 Bengals

8-4 Colts

8-4 Chargers

7-4 Chiefs

7-5 Ravens

7-5 Steelers

7-5 Browns

7-5 Bills

6-5 Dolphins

6-6 Texans

It's crazy that a team from the NFC South is going to HOST a playoff game.

9-3 Patriots

8-3 Broncos

8-3-1 Bengals

8-4 Colts

8-4 Chargers

7-4 Chiefs

7-5 Ravens

7-5 Steelers

7-5 Browns

7-5 Bills

6-5 Dolphins

6-6 Texans

A few good teams won't be in the playoffs.

But really how good are the 6 and 7 win teams? There may be a team or two that finish with 10 wins and don't make the playoffs. 10 is not the magic number anymore.

Archived