2014 NFL Season Thread

How 'bout them Cowboys!

At least we're all not going to be subjected to a 5th consecutive Cowboys blowoff in Week 17 on NBC.

At least I hope we're not...

Falcons @ Panthers!!! Make it happen, only kidding. Pitt-Cincy would be the better choice

CBS will surely protect that game from the flex scheduling.

CBS and Fox aren't able to protect any games in Week 17. NBC gets to pick whichever game they want, and usually they go for the "win and you're in" game. Pretty much one of these three games will be picked up by NBC, with the most likely listed first: Cincinnati-Pittsburgh, Carolina-Atlanta, San Diego-Kansas City.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys really are a sweet bunch. What a lovely community we have here at CCSLC. Where a person who is a fan of a team, (a team by the way who was predicted to be terrible by ALL, ends up not being terrible and actually kind of good) posts a comment about said team doing something good and immediately has people trying to put down that person. For record, it doesn't bother me when it's directed at me, but it irks me when done to others.

I'll be honest here, they exceeded any ounce of expectations I had for them. I figured with the defense being as it was, 7-9 or 8-8 was where they were headed. Did not expect to be 1 or 2 games from wrapping up the division and setting up a potential playoff run. Win or lose the next few weeks, this has been a fun season to watch.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

How 'bout them Cowboys!

At least we're all not going to be subjected to a 5th consecutive Cowboys blowoff in Week 17 on NBC.

Falcons @ Panthers!!! Make it happen, only kidding. Pitt-Cincy would be the better choice

CBS and Fox aren't able to protect any games in Week 17. NBC gets to pick whichever game they want, and usually they go for the "win and you're in" game. Pretty much one of these three games will be picked up by NBC, with the most likely listed first: Cincinnati-Pittsburgh, Carolina-Atlanta, San Diego-Kansas City.
Could also see Bills-Patriots in Week 17. The Bills play the Raiders next week, so they had better win there. That game against the Patriots could be really important. Plus, NBC would probably rather have anything with Patriots before they flex an NFC South game.

How 'bout them Cowboys!

Could also see Bills-Patriots in Week 17. The Bills play the Raiders next week, so they had better win there. That game against the Patriots could be really important. Plus, NBC would probably rather have anything with Patriots before they flex an NFC South game.

Really depends on where they stand though. Even if they beat the Raiders, the Bills could already be eliminated. There's what, 4 teams ahead of them for the wild card? It's most definitely going to be Lions-Packers. Both SHOULD be 11-4 going in, with Lions holding the TB, so it's for all the marbles.

sig.png

Well, the Colts didn't play too well this week but hey, they won the AFC South for the second straight year. Also, I still can't believe the Texans have never won against the Colts in Indy. Finally, Elvis Dumervil needs 6 more sacks (17 right now) to break the NFL record (22.5 sacks by Strahan).

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Whoever wins this game is likely looking at a first round exit.

I haven't seen Detroit at all this year but neither of these teams is beating them or Seattle in a few weeks.

Stafford's record against teams with winning records is bad and on the road, he is (0-16).

I haven't seen Detroit at all this year but neither of these teams is beating them or Seattle in a few weeks.

Stafford's record against teams with winning records is bad and on the road, he is (0-16).

That's a deceiving stat. You basically are depending on those teams beating other teams. It's not the Lions fault those teams don't get to 9 wins.

That's a deceiving stat. You basically are depending on those teams beating other teams. It's not the Lions fault those teams don't get to 9 wins.

Yes. It's those other teams' fault for being bad. The relevant part is that Stafford does not do well against teams that are good.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Bears have NEVER been the same since Weke 17 last year. I honestly believe if they stop Green Bay on either of those 4th downs last year, winning the NFC North and getting into the playoffs would have been a big step forward instead of the massive steps back they've taken this season.

Green Bay essentially ripped their hearts out last December and it may take them a long time to recover after they took what I feel were positive steps through the first 15 games last year.

(Or if Gould makes that FG in the Metrodome last November...)

What a difference a year makes.

Last December, on MNF, Chicago played a near-perfect flawless game on offense- they never punted.

Tonight was the complete antithesis.

Through the first 14 games last year, I really thought Trestman was looking like a good fit and that he was merely being betrayed by Mel Tucker's incompetent defense.

Boy, oh, boy was I dead wrong

Fumbles, turnovers, penalties, ineptitude, fog, Cutlerface.jpeg, Trestman's pallid concrete gaze, booing from home fans, 10,000 no-shows, a loquacious general manager with funny ears and cowboy boots, Senorise Perry special teams flags, Gruden frothing with hatred, and ultimately a soulless team waiting impatiently for an opportunity to die.

are+you.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Bears have NEVER recovered from losing the division last year. That was a chance to take a step forward. 3 4th down chances. Kuhn's block on preventing what would have been a Peppers sack. The TD to Cobb.

They would NEVER be in this sad predicament they are today if they win that last game.

The Bears have NEVER recovered from losing the division last year. That was a chance to take a step forward. 3 4th down chances. Kuhn's block on preventing what would have been a Peppers sack. The TD to Cobb.

They would NEVER be in this sad predicament they are today if they win that last game.

I'm going to assume the heat of the Sahara has fried your brain while on duty with the FFL, or else you wouldn't seriously be pushing "moral force" arguments.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That has absolutely nothing to do with the Bears currently sucking.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived