2014 NFL Season Thread

It's so sweet to watch the Deadbirds fall from that perch and have Seattle take it back.

Now, all that's left is for Seattle to baste the Lambs and the 'Hawks will be the top seed (I'm going to assume that the Detroit-Green Bay game won't end in a tie and Dallas will beat Washington because, heck, the Cowboy second stringers could beat the Deadskins right now by about 15-20 points).

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to think, the freaking KC Chiefs and Alex Smith- ALEX SMITH- handed losses to both New England and Seattle where everyone was ready to bury them.

True. I'd believe that.

In the case of New England, they were 2-2 after the loss to KC... since then: they've won 10 of their last 11

With Seattle, it wasn't as bad in terms of 'burying' the team. But, since that loss, they've won five in a row and after a 3-3 start, they've won 8 of their last 9.

Kansas City... well, let's say the Seattle win might of been a jinx. 1 win (over hapless Oakland) in their last 5 games afterwards.

At this point, the NFC playoffs are going to be very anticlimactic outside Seattle if the Rams can't pull one more giant-killer upset next week.

I know anything can happen in the playoffs, but at this rate, I would be absolutely shocked if we don't get Seattle/New England

I'd say each conference has two possible Super Bowl entries:

New England - Denver

Green Bay -Seattle

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

At this point, the NFC playoffs are going to be very anticlimactic outside Seattle if the Rams can't pull one more giant-killer upset next week.

I know anything can happen in the playoffs, but at this rate, I would be absolutely shocked if we don't get Seattle/New England

New England - Denver

Green Bay -Seattle

Exactly what I was thinking. My first pick would be New England/Green Bay, but I could see either one of the 4 going. Unless New England gets home field. Then I think the Broncos wouldn't make it.

Cowboys vs Steelers #4 is looking like a possibility...

Steelers will not win in Foxborough. Dallas won't be the NFC representative. Seattle will be a tough team to beat, especially if they take the #1 seed.

If Big Ben takes care of the ball, and if they play just enough defense, they have a solid chance. Also, the Broncos and Ravens have good chances to win there now, too. Denver can run the ball a lot better than they did in their last meeting, and Baltimore has a good pass rush.

Steelers will not win in Foxborough. Dallas won't be the NFC representative. Seattle will be a tough team to beat, especially if they take the #1 seed.

Keep doubting the Cowboys. We've proven everyone wrong all season. Now, I don't think we'll reach the Super Bowl, but we're definitely good enough to do so. Plus, Seattle knows we're the only team in the NFC playoffs who can beat them.

New England - Denver

Green Bay -Seattle

I'm sure by possible you meant probable, because as I've stated above, the Cowboys are good enough to knock one of those two teams off.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The Bengals would be in the playoffs were it not for the 49ers blowing a 21-0 lead. F*** you, San Francisco. Can you help me out once?

I don't feel good about these last two games. The Steelers game just got flexed to Sunday night and the Bengals can't play in primetime. Also this is oddly similar to 2006. That was an underachieving Bengals team that needed to beat one of Denver and Pittsburgh in the last two games to make the playoffs. They lost to Denver because of a botched extra point, and blew a lead and overtime to lose to the Steelers in the last game.

They'll have to figure out primetime woes in a hurry or else they're counting on someone helping them back in.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Keep doubting the Cowboys. We've proven everyone wrong all season. Now, I don't think we'll reach the Super Bowl, but we're definitely good enough to do so. Plus, Seattle knows we're the only team in the NFC playoffs who can beat them.

New England - Denver

Green Bay -Seattle

I'm sure by possible you meant probable, because as I've stated above, the Cowboys are good enough to knock one of those two teams off.

They play the games for a reason. And I'm not dissing Dallas but I think Green Bay and Seattle are the two elite teams in the NFC. I'd be surprised if the Super Bowl included any teams other than New England, Denver, Green Bay, or Seattle. But we've all been surprised before.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Patriots/Steelers/Colts/Ravens/Peyton Manning hegemony is getting really boring. dat parity doe

Simply further cements that this is one of the worst NFL seasons of all time.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So the Eagles decide to plant a story that Desean Jackson is a crip and a bad guy, then use that as a basis to just release him. Then, are hampered all season because they don't have a deep threat, and eventually get beat by Jackson, who, it turns out, has still yet to be in (at least arrest-worthy) trouble off the field (there's a ton of unreported things, and it is obvious that he does have some gang ties, but clearly isn't a ganster.)

Chip kelly keeps saying that "culture wins championships", when in reality, it's good players that win championships, and the Eagles don't have too many good players - especially at quarterback, defensive back, and WR. Kelly's arrogance got him this year. Let's see if he learns from it or pulls an Andy Reid and makes the same mistake year after year, or just decides that it's not fun anymore and leaves for college.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

42-0 Cowboys

e451665bd236f11c420d7b29b6413f3b.jpg

The Colts aren't that good.

the Colts kinda already clinched the division last week so they basically said :censored: it and started their backups...

The Colts beat the bad teams in their bad division, beat the bad trams in the NFC East, and kind of blew it against the good teams they played (Dallas, Denver, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia). Their one good non_division win is against the Bengal, but no one knows if they're any good either.

The Colts have made the most of a bad schedule, but I'd like to see them beat an actual good team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

New England - Denver

Green Bay -Seattle

I'm sorry I can't see a team who is unproven in the playoffs beating Green Bay and/or Seattle away from home. Sure, it can happen but I don't see it. They could, however, beat Detroit at Ford Field.

42-0 Cowboys

e451665bd236f11c420d7b29b6413f3b.jpg

The Colts aren't that good.

the Colts kinda already clinched the division last week so they basically said :censored: it and started their backups...

The Colts didn't start their backups...

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived