2014 NFL Season Thread

How 'bout them Cowboys!

F***ing, f***, f*** yes!

Bring it on, Bieber. Should be a good one at Lambeau next weekend. I will say that these aren't the Cowboys we're used to. They look legit.

Also, we have a team that went undefeated on the road facing a team that went undefeated at home. Has that ever happened in the playoffs?

Bad calls happen. Dallas has been boned by them before as well, but the Lions still had a chance and didn't come through.

And :censored: you.

It's always nice to see fans lose with class.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the game, but just saw the highlights package and interviews.

1. Holy crap was that game not necessarily handed to Dallas, but the referees sure put them in position to succeed with that PI call. Who knows what would have happened after that (stafford could throw a pick for all I know), but that was an egregious error by the referees to not only lock up the flag, but to not flag dez. Every Detroit fan has a right to feel like the fix was in. I didn't see anything from earlier in the game so I don't know if it was as bad as SBXL, but that was embarrassing to pick il that flag.

2. It looks/sounds like Tony Romo has matured a bit, so maybe he can finally reach his potential (which I think has always been high). He always had the talent to go far, but not the ability to handle pressure or when things don't of his way. He sounded like a different guy when interviewed after the game. I don't think they stand a chance in GB, but if Romo has really turned that corner, then they have a much better chance than I'd ever have given them otherwise. As an eagles fan, I'm not enthused about having to face a mature / calm Romo twice a year (or at least until he gets squashed).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's funny how a lot of L.A. sports fans are Cowboys fans. Yeah I know they train in Oxnard but it still reeks of being a front runner.

*Yawn*

or it could be because a.) we have family who've rooted for the Cowboys prior to our birth and/or b.) because a lot of us grew up without a team in LA.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

How 'bout them Cowboys!

F***ing, f***, f*** yes!

Bring it on, Bieber. Should be a good one at Lambeau next weekend. I will say that these aren't the Cowboys we're used to. They look legit.

Also, we have a team that went undefeated on the road facing a team that went undefeated at home. Has that ever happened in the playoffs?

Bad calls happen. Dallas has been boned by them before as well, but the Lions still had a chance and didn't come through.

And :censored: you.

It's always nice to see fans lose with class.

It should be a good, close game. Make no mistake, I will be stunned if the Cowboys win next week. I think this is the end of the road for the 2014 Cowboys, but hopefully it's a great game. I look forward to it.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Cowboys fans are not willing to address the 800 lb elephant in the room. Picking up the flag? Dez Bryant not being penalized for coming on the field?

Let's not forget how the Cowboys OL wasn't flagged for multiple holds on the game winning drive.

About the PI, I can't believe they announced it, then picked it up.

It's funny how a lot of L.A. sports fans are Cowboys fans. Yeah I know they train in Oxnard but it still reeks of being a front runner.

*Yawn*

or it could be because a.) we have family who've rooted for the Cowboys prior to our birth and/or b.) because a lot of us grew up without a team in LA.

I can't believe I'm about to defend BieberMatt for the second time in two weeks, but I am. You don't need to justify why you root for the Cowboys. Dallas is your favorite team. That's the only reason you need.

You know what, I hope the 'Boys actually beat the Packers because I actually like Romo (hate the media attention around him though).

What does any of that have to do with Louisville? Actually?

BB52Big.jpg

You know what, I hope the 'Boys actually beat the Packers because I actually like Romo (hate the media attention around him though).

I'm a Colts fan and it would be entertaining to see a Romo vs Luck Superbowl where the scoreboard can't keep up.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I'm a Colts fan and it would be entertaining to see a Romo vs Luck Superbowl where the scoreboard can't keep up.

No offense, but that would be an awful Super Bowl (as much as I like Luck).

No, it really wouldn't. A Cowboys - Colts Super Bowl would be fine. A 58-47 game would suck.

BB52Big.jpg

Cowboys fans are not willing to address the 800 lb elephant in the room. Picking up the flag? Dez Bryant not being penalized for coming on the field?

We all know it wasn't a good look, but what do you want us to say? Bad call, Lions deserved to win? Nah.

Sucks that it happened, but the Cowboys played a stellar second half on top of that.

CAR vs. SEA on Saturday. DAL vs. GB on Sunday. There really were no positives for the Panthers, were there?

I think the Panthers have a better shot against Seattle than they do against Green Bay....
They'd matchup better, but this will be the first time in forever the Panthers play in Seattle, even though they have played and barely lost each time in Charlotte.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

CAR vs. SEA on Saturday. DAL vs. GB on Sunday. There really were no positives for the Panthers, were there?

I think the Panthers have a better shot against Seattle than they do against Green Bay....

You have a very good point... outside of the '05 NFC Championship Game, Carolina has played it close against Seattle (the last three game being low scoring defensive street fights).

But, this is Cam's first road playoff game and to have it in Seattle, where it's really hard for a road team to win? Yeah...

The Panthers already played at Green Bay this season. They were down 38-3 after three.

Ok...I know the Panthers have a better chance at beating the Seahawks now. Especially the way the Panthers are playing right now, and with their last two road games being in dominant fashion.

Archived