2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patriots fan here... I think my body is broken, feels like I just ran a f'n marathon in the snow lols.

I'm not ready to watch Panthers-Seahawks... which'll feel like a preseason game for a few mins.

7yrds rushing, down 14pts 2x, T-1000 Flacco throwing hail marys... yeah, I think I need a sauna.

btw, I think chatter earlier about the schedule - #1 seeds NE & SEA get their teams on 1 day less shorter rest... + now they get their next game +1 day longer rest.

I know that doesn't mean too much, yet it is a stat they added.

Also- I wasn't expecting NBC to get another Saturday... thankfully so, they did a very good job this afternoon.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Hell of drive by Carolina. As long as the Oanthers protect the ball this game will be a lot closer than some people think.

People say Ravens wake up in the Finals,........... Carolina don't turn up until the Finals.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Carolina came to play, and so far it's showing. Those two early turnovers hurt, but Cam led them back down the field and it's all square at 7 so far into the second.

(Side note: hot DANG is Mike Tolbert a big boy at FB...glad to see the position still lives a bit in the league somewhere.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Carolina came to play, and so far it's showing. Those two early turnovers hurt, but Cam led them back down the field and it's all square at 7 so far into the second.

(Side note: hot DANG is Greg Tolbert a big boy at FB...glad to see the position still lives a bit in the league somewhere.)

Tolbert just took one from Kam Chancellor. How strong do you have to be to stop Tolbert dead in his tracks. Good lord.

Fo' reaw. Almost reminded me of that head-on hit Bob Sanders put on Greg Jones a few years back (a similar safety-on-fullback impact).

And speaking of Chancellor...that was, to say the least, about one of the strangest sequences of events to end a half I've seen. Dude (literally) jumped the snap count...twice. But, third time was the charm on that FG attempt.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I know it so nearly hurt this Panthers team, but hot damn if Kam Chancellor hurdling the snapper wasn't one of the coolest things I've ever seen on an NFL field

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I know it so nearly hurt this Panthers team, but hot damn if Kam Chancellor hurdling the snapper wasn't one of the coolest things I've ever seen on an NFL field

It's impressive for a man his size no doubt, but anytime Troy Polamalu Superman dove over the line beats this easily. The timing and athleticism that took always blew me away.

The score wasn't really indicative of the Panthers effort today. Take away the turnovers and mistakes, they could have won the game. Unfortunately, it made the difference and all caught up to them in the 4th quarter, where other than that it was a one score game. There are a lot of positives to take away into next year.(Like Kelvin Benjamin, good lord what a game) Still very proud of this team's bounceback from 3-8-1.

Now Dave Gettleman, please don't blow this team up like last year.

EDIT: I'll add onto this, Seattle is a great team, with some of the best players and fans in the league. This makes this loss a little more palatable than last year's loss to San Fransisco, because it was at home and I believe Carolina was the better team. Tonight, I knew the Seahawks were the better team, but these games are always close, and I hope that the same things that went against the Panthers tonight went the opposite way, but it's wasnt to be. But hey, just being in this scenario was good within itself, so I'm not devastated unlike like year.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

^What he said.

I'm proud of the way this team played today, they came up against a really, really great Seahawks team and played them closer than I think a lot of people were expecting.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I watched the game at a coworker's house. Sue me, but I'm rooting for the Seahawks in the playoffs.

It's way more fun to watch a team actually show up for and win a playoff game. I hope to see one of my teams do it one day.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Broncos should win later today, and I don't know why they can't beat NE. The weather is supposed to be mild and 30 degrees right now, and they have a better team. Keep running the ball, and push NE's WR's and Vereen around. They won't want to be in an all-day physical fight after what happened tonight.

Archived