2014 NFL Season Thread

TheSoundOfBeingBanned

Ya no. Still here. And what on earth makes you think I should be banned?

A guy makes a remark about our football team which has indeed experienced tragedy at the result of gun violence far too often, and then a very true statement about a seventh round pick. What other seventh round pick needed a press conference to justify being cut?

And what on earth makes you think I should be banned? You're just kinda loud and obnoxious about your opinions. You bring nothing to the table as a poster other than volume and cringe-worthy statements that have your fellow St. Louis fans embarrassed via association.

A guy makes a remark about our football team which has indeed experienced tragedy at the result of gun violence far too often, and then a very true statement about a seventh round pick. What other seventh round pick needed a press conference to justify being cut? It's significant since he may not be in the public eye again, and it's a keystone moment for a league that is quietly rampant with homophobia and hypocrisy. It's not Jackie Robinson, but it means something that requires recognition at the expense of overexposure/analysis. It's a big deal making this thing not a big deal.

So TLDR, I should be banned because I have a differing opinion than you? and lol. I'm a Broncos fan, and I've not seen any disagree with me on here apart from the occasional uniform detail spat.

The bottom thing is your opinion as well. I thionk this is awesome. This is TRUE equality. The guy didn't perform well enough to make a loaded Rams roster on DL and was not given any special consideration.

Funny you bring up Jackie Robinson. Robinson wasn't the first black baseball player in MLB, Moses Fleetwood Walker was. You know why you've never heard of him? Because he sucked ASS.

Let an openly gay player come along that's actually good, then we can celebrate that player's on the field accomplishments rather than who they go to bed with every night.

The boards would be a better place without you. I have a feeling you'll find your own way out of here eventually. The bad apples always do.

People have said this the whole two years I've been on the boards. Fact of the matter is that differing opinions do not warrant a ban. Sorry to be the one to inform you.

Mallett to the Texans is an intriguing move. I wonder how similar BOB's scheme and terminology are and how soon we may see Mallett start.

Also worth noting Vic Tarfur is reporting that Derek Carr will start for Oakland against the New York Jets. Who woulda thunk the only rookie QB starting on opening weekend would be Derek Carr?

O'Brien was the OC of the pats mallets first season so he has some more familiarity with the offense already

TheSoundOfBeingBanned

A guy makes a remark about our football team which has indeed experienced tragedy at the result of gun violence far too often, and then a very true statement about a seventh round pick. What other seventh round pick needed a press conference to justify being cut?

And what on earth makes you think I should be banned? You're just kinda loud and obnoxious about your opinions. You bring nothing to the table as a poster other than volume and cringe-worthy statements that have your fellow St. Louis fans embarrassed via association.

A guy makes a remark about our football team which has indeed experienced tragedy at the result of gun violence far too often, and then a very true statement about a seventh round pick. What other seventh round pick needed a press conference to justify being cut? It's significant since he may not be in the public eye again, and it's a keystone moment for a league that is quietly rampant with homophobia and hypocrisy. It's not Jackie Robinson, but it means something that requires recognition at the expense of overexposure/analysis. It's a big deal making this thing not a big deal.

So TLDR, I should be banned because I have a differing opinion than you? and lol. I'm a Broncos fan, and I've not seen any disagree with me on here apart from the occasional uniform detail spat.

The bottom thing is your opinion as well. I thionk this is awesome. This is TRUE equality. The guy didn't perform well enough to make a loaded Rams roster on DL and was not given any special consideration.

Funny you bring up Jackie Robinson. Robinson wasn't the first black baseball player in MLB, Moses Fleetwood Walker was. You know why you've never heard of him? Because he sucked ASS.

Let an openly gay player come along that's actually good, then we can celebrate that player's on the field accomplishments rather than who they go to bed with every night.

The boards would be a better place without you. I have a feeling you'll find your own way out of here eventually. The bad apples always do.

People have said this the whole two years I've been on the boards. Fact of the matter is that differing opinions do not warrant a ban. Sorry to be the one to inform you.

Mallett to the Texans is an intriguing move. I wonder how similar BOB's scheme and terminology are and how soon we may see Mallett start.

Also worth noting Vic Tarfur is reporting that Derek Carr will start for Oakland against the New York Jets. Who woulda thunk the only rookie QB starting on opening weekend would be Derek Carr?

O'Brien was the OC of the pats mallets first season so he has some more familiarity with the offense already

Huh. My guess would be unless Mallett just comes into practice like he owns the team, Fitzpatrick will get the start and if he struggles then we see Mallett?

Hell if neither perform well enough we might have a Tom Savage sighting

I think Savage is a clone of Joe Flacco. If he develops well in that system Savage deep to Hopkins could be a thing for years to come.

If I remember correctly, pre-draft he was considered to be a Tom Brady-type draft steal

Surprised no one has brought up the ridiculous new unsportsmanlike conduct penalties...

No sack dances

No home run swing (see Alfred Morris)

No Touchdown Dances

No spiking the ball

No spinning the ball

No military salutes

Plus a few other reasonable ones

The NFL's excitement factor has now dipped WAY below what it already was...

It's the NO Fun League, what do you expect? :D

Also, No offense, even though there's No touching offensive players anymore unless they have the ball.

Surprised no one has brought up the ridiculous new unsportsmanlike conduct penalties...

No sack dances

No Touchdown Dances

No spiking the ball

No spinning the ball

No military salutes

OK, I'll spit. What makes a military salute disrespectful towards the NFL? The other taunts, yeah I can see something there (though begrudgingly stupid in the 1st place to call flags for). But a salute to the troops? How much more coldhearted can the NFL get?

And by the way, Terrell Davis's "Mile High Salute" was the best iteration of this:

td.0_standard_352.0.jpg

No sack dances

No Touchdown Dances

No spiking the ball

No spinning the ball

No military salutes

OK, I'll spit. What makes a military salute disrespectful towards the NFL? The other taunts, yeah I can see something there (though begrudgingly stupid in the 1st place to call flags for). But a salute to the troops? How much more coldhearted can the NFL get?

And by the way, Terrell Davis's "Mile High Salute" was the best iteration of this:

td.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Exactly... Next thing you know NFL teams won't be able to wave American flags when they come out of the tunnel at the start of the game... The NFL needs a commissioner that actually knows what the hell to do... Correctly...

No sack dances

No Touchdown Dances

No spiking the ball

No spinning the ball

No military salutes

td.0_standard_352.0.jpg

As with the Lambeau Leap, the Mile High Salute is grandfathered in. Emmanuel Sanders did it against Houston and was not fined.

TheSoundOfBeingBanned

People have said this the whole two years I've been on the boards. Fact of the matter is that differing opinions do not warrant a ban.

No, but expressing bigoted opinions warrants one. Not that you have but you've ridden the line before, which paints this little exchange in a negative light.

Not to mention you called rams80 a "moron." Which isn't something we like to see out of the membership here.

No sack dances

No Touchdown Dances

No spiking the ball

No spinning the ball

No military salutes

billyjohnson.gif

TheSoundOfBeingBanned

Member was banned for belligerent, homophobic comments as well as using multiple accounts (BradyIsMyHomeBoy, TWISTEDBALLZ).

0IhqPgV.gif

It's official. Derek Carr will start Week 1 for the Raiders against the NY Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387073/article/derek-carr-starting-over-matt-schaub-for-raiders

Part of me feels like Schaub has had a pretty enormous fall from grace, when the truth is that he really wasn't all that good to begin with.

It's official. Derek Carr will start Week 1 for the Raiders against the NY Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387073/article/derek-carr-starting-over-matt-schaub-for-raiders

Part of me feels like Schaub has had a pretty enormous fall from grace, when the truth is that he really wasn't all that good to begin with.

I think he was just a product of the up-tempo system Houston had.

It's sad that this will be Oakland's 18th starting quarterback since their Super Bowl XXXVII humiliation. It's also sad how far Matt Schaub has fallen because of one terrible Houston season.

• IceCap locked this topic