2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems as though Peyton Manning's age caught up with him at about week 14 of this season. Anyway, well done, Colts. Please knock off New England next week.

Wait until Brady and the team gets through with him!

Hate to break it to you, Mr. Goo, but Peyton Manning's season ended about a half hour ago.

BB52Big.jpg

Not terribly surprised by this one. This Broncos team just seemed to get older and older by the week and they really didn't impress me much coming into the playoffs. I also had a feeling it was Andrew Luck's time.

Now I fully expect the Colts to get smacked around by the Pats like it's nobody's business, but good for them nonetheless.

It's just the Colts are playing their best ball right now and are taking advantage of Denver's oldness on the gridiron. I will disagree about the Patriots smacking the Colts next week though and I truly believe the Colts will stun Belichick's Evil Empire (Patriots) to win the AFC Championship with a great team effort.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Hopefully Peyton Manning's bust at the Hall of Fame features him holding a Papa John's pizza with a word bubble coming out of his head inscripted with "♪Nothing-beats-that-pizza-smell!♫", sung to the tune of Nationwide's jingle."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What an underwhelming slate of conference championmships we have.

GB does not matchup with SEA. Period. At least DAL would have had a puncher's chance.

IND NEVER matches up in Foxboro.

Seriously, if either the Patriots/Seahawks lose next Sunday, I'll be shocked.

A Patriots/Seahawks SB is inevitable IMO.

We've seen these matchups before- I give the road teams no shot.

The last time we saw Seahawks/Patriots, it was a pretty fun came that came down to the last play, IIRC.

They're the two best teams of the regular season, and would probably combine for the most compelling Super Bowl; just like last year, really.

I think the home teams win next week, but Luck is fearless and the 2010s Patriots are good at disappointment, so who knows? I still think the Hawks stomp the Packers next week, especially if Rodgers is as gimped next week as he was today.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If the referee is anyone but Gene Steratore, it's at worst first and goal from the ½ yard line.

I think Steratore and his regular crew are one of the best, if not the best, in the league. Seems like whenever he does a Falcons game or national-TV game, it's a pretty clean game on the officiating.

And wow...Peyton has all the looks of a beaten-down, defeated old man. Not sure what his contract situation is (or Denver's cap situation...heard it's pretty good), but my first impression is that I'll be surprised if he plays in 2015. The Broncos offense just hasn't been the same these last few weeks. Perhaps their O-Coordinator was a bit distracted with his future. Perhaps Peyton is more injured than mentioned.

I wouldn't haveicked Dallas to win at SEA, but at least it would have felt like more of a fair fight.

GreenBay will win.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If the referee is anyone but Gene Steratore, it's at worst first and goal from the ½ yard line.

I think Steratore and his regular crew are one of the best, if not the best, in the league. Seems like whenever he does a Falcons game or national-TV game, it's a pretty clean game on the officiating.

And wow...Peyton has all the looks of a beaten-down, defeated old man. Not sure what his contract situation is (or Denver's cap situation...heard it's pretty good), but my first impression is that I'll be surprised if he plays in 2015. The Broncos offense just hasn't been the same these last few weeks. Perhaps their O-Coordinator was a bit distracted with his future. Perhaps Peyton is more injured than mentioned.

I don't know what it is. For the past two months they just haven't looked good. The offensive line has struggled and Manning never really looked comfortable, Welker was pretty much worthless this season, Julius Thomas wasn't the same after he came back from injury, and the offense just seemed to bogged down and conservative -- too much damn running. They've struggled against defenses that are physical at the line of scrimmage and can tackle, and that's what the Colts did today. The weird part is that it just seemed like in the second half of the season, Manning was beat from an X's and O's perspective too. There was a stretch today where he looked like he just forgot how to play football. On the first drive of the second half, they need five yards, he rolls out and has twenty yards of open field in front of him for an easy scamper and instead tries to throw a bullet on the run that required an attempted tippy-toe catch by Sanders. I mean... what the hell?

Disappointing, but a predictable ending, to be honest.

Part of me hope Manning retires so I can stop caring about the NFL completely. Just had a hard time getting into this season from the start.

IUe6Hvh.png

Personally, I think that we will get a Green Bay vs New England Super Bowl. The NFC Championship is an interesting matchup. On paper, Seattle should win this game. However, I think that Carolina showed that they are vulnerable at corner past Sherman and Maxwell. If Green Bay's third and fourth options play well, I think they can score enough to win. If Rodgers plays well, I think he can take over the game and the Packers will win. The AFC Championship is a less interesting matchup on paper, and a game that should go to New England if they play their game. I think it will come down to the end, but the Patriots are stronger across the board. That coupled with New England playing poorly against Baltimore has me thinking that Belichick will have the team ready to go from the start. My prediction is that the game stays close until late, when New England blows the doors open.

That rule shouldn't even be a thing, and this is coming from a Bears fan who has benefitted from this rule. It's awful for the sport. It's like saying a swish basket doesn't count because the ball never came in contact with the hoop.

I have a feeling Seattle will get beat.

The Packers will win the title. This has already been predetermined by Vince and the creative team.

The NFL can't be predetermined! Then what team is John Cena? Green Bay or New England.

Personally, I think that we will get a Green Bay vs New England Super Bowl. The NFC Championship is an interesting matchup. On paper, Seattle should win this game. However, I think that Carolina showed that they are vulnerable at corner past Sherman and Maxwell. If Green Bay's third and fourth options play well, I think they can score enough to win. If Rodgers plays well, I think he can take over the game and the Packers will win. The AFC Championship is a less interesting matchup on paper, and a game that should go to New England if they play their game. I think it will come down to the end, but the Patriots are stronger across the board. That coupled with New England playing poorly against Baltimore has me thinking that Belichick will have the team ready to go from the start. My prediction is that the game stays close until late, when New England blows the doors open.

I don't watch the same New England team you all watch, apparently. They look beatable to me. Indianapolis could very well go and give them fits.

IUe6Hvh.png

I've really got to give the Cowboys fans on this board some credit. A good few of them were sort of tripping all over themselves last week, but they're sufficiently taking this one on the chin with class and some grace, and this one was way WAY more of an egregious call IMO.

Good on you guys, I mean that.

I didn't talk much about the Lions game but thanks. Kinda had to step away from the computer lol

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The only team I REALLY want to see go down would be the Seahawks.

Same here. I'm tired of Russell Wilson, those ugly Seahawks uniforms, and all the "12 man" nonsense. I forget where I heard it, but someone on TV said "the 12th man is real."

Hopefully, we'll get Colts - Packers. (What a great uniform match up.) But the reality is probably the Packers getting curb stomped (again) by the Seahawks and the Colts making it just interesting enough before losing to make another Patriots SB appearance that much more disappointing. Then Seattle will hand the Patriots their worst SB loss since the '85 Bears beat them by 45. Rinse, repeat. Yawn.

BB52Big.jpg

The 12 man thing I get - that's nauseating. I also get that people don't all like Pete Carroll - he comes off as a little smug. That being said, I find it hard not to like this seahawks team. I haven't seem them play much but fell in love during the SB, and that affair has continued this season when I've seen them (i did not see this weekends games.) I absolutely want them to win, and to become the dominant heel that every team in the NFC needs to step up and beat. Two SBs doesn't make you a dynasty, but it's about as close as you're going to get anymore, and I think sports needs that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Quick little rant: On Facebook and Twitter, I have seen a lot of hate being shown towards the Cowboys about the call tonight, and I've heard "karma" being used a lot. Well, the Cowboys aren't the reason the call was reversed. Blame the refs, not the team that won.

Now about the games today: I have to say, I am very, very proud of the Cowboys this season. They played a great Green Bay team, and held on better than people thought they would. The better team won, but Dallas sure was close. Maybe next year will be their year ;) As for Indy/Denver, I'm a little surprised. I DID pick Indy to win, but it's hard to not be shocked at how poorly Denver played. Is this it for Peyton? A lot of people say so, but I have a hard time believing that he'd walk away after a loss like this.

My picks:

Indianapolis 20 - 37 New England

Green Bay 21 - 16 Seattle

Archived