2014 NFL Season Thread

The circle is complete, though. Schaub supplanted David, Derek will supplant Schaub. This has been mentioned about 40,000 times on various media, so I can take no credit for the soon-to-be-overdone observation.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's sad that this will be Oakland's 18th starting quarterback since their Super Bowl XXXVII humiliation. It's also sad how far Matt Schaub has fallen because of one terrible Houston season.

In retrospective it's really sad how that humiliation Oakland suffered in the Super Bowl was the last time they were even competitive. The last decade has been pretty much a car being jammed in neutral on the side of the road with no gas and the nearest gas station is 20 miles in the opposite direction.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

It's official. Derek Carr will start Week 1 for the Raiders against the NY Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387073/article/derek-carr-starting-over-matt-schaub-for-raiders

Part of me feels like Schaub has had a pretty enormous fall from grace, when the truth is that he really wasn't all that good to begin with.

It's amazing what one good game as a backup can do for a guy ain't it? I mean Matt Flynn stole money on that very idea. However, like all unusual events, eventually the normal order is restored. Flynn is back in Green Bay holding Rodgers' clipboard, and Schaub will be doing the same for Carr.

It's official. Derek Carr will start Week 1 for the Raiders against the NY Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387073/article/derek-carr-starting-over-matt-schaub-for-raiders

Part of me feels like Schaub has had a pretty enormous fall from grace, when the truth is that he really wasn't all that good to begin with.

It's amazing what one good game as a backup can do for a guy ain't it? I mean Matt Flynn stole money on that very idea. However, like all unusual events, eventually the normal order is restored. Flynn is back in Green Bay holding Rodgers' clipboard, and Schaub will be doing the same for Carr.

Oh, Matt Flynn. What a gig. He set a few single-game records for one of the oldest franchises in football, got at least $9 million to not play in Seattle, and has barely played since, netting respectable contracts along the way. Now he's back in Green Bay, making 7 figures, and playing behind Favre 2.0. He's gonna retire in a few years to bang his smoking-hot wife and laugh at the total lack of injuries that he netted in his NFL tenure.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

TheSoundOfBeingBanned

Ya no. Still here. And what on earth makes you think I should be banned?

Member was banned for belligerent, homophobic comments as well as using multiple accounts (BradyIsMyHomeBoy, TWISTEDBALLZ).

0IhqPgV.gif

So all along he was BradyisMyHomeBoy and he was the guy posting all the asinine reddit rumors just like we all thought.

I love being right.

"The bad apples always find their way out eventually" - Me (genius)

PvO6ZWJ.png

Oh, Matt Flynn. What a gig. He set a few single-game records for one of the oldest franchises in football, got at least $9 million to not play in Seattle, and has barely played since, netting respectable contracts along the way. Now he's back in Green Bay, making 7 figures, and playing behind Favre 2.0. He's gonna retire in a few years to bang his smoking-hot wife and laugh at the total lack of injuries that he netted in his NFL tenure.

That man is the f***ing Ferris Bueller of the backup QB fraternity. Legend. All hail Matt Flynn.

While it's risky to start a rookie week one, this is the right choice. Schaub was always a back-up quarterback, through and through. Carr looks good too.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

08_BATCH.jpg

The best example of this

Surprised no one has brought up the ridiculous new unsportsmanlike conduct penalties...

No sack dances

No home run swing (see Alfred Morris)

No Touchdown Dances

No spiking the ball

No spinning the ball

No military salutes

Plus a few other reasonable ones

The NFL's excitement factor has now dipped WAY below what it already was...

billyjohnson.gif

I'm amazed Fox News hasn't had an aneurysm over not doing the salute...although that does get into the weird juxtaposition territory of using a military gesture in a professional sport.

GR30a5H.png

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I won't be able to bear seeing the disappointment on Peyton Manning's face if he falls short in the Super Bowl again.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

A Lions fan named Randy, via this Deadspin thingy, made me laugh: "Ndamljhhoig Suh would stomp on an elderly women in the middle of a grocery store for no reason, and he would also wait until a cop is present to do so."

Also Michael Sam has signed w/ the Cowboys PS.

twitter

Welker gets suspended 4 games for PEDs(amphetamines).

...via amphetamine-laced molly taken at the Kentucky Derby. What a moron.

twitter

Archived