2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson haters can rejoice. This is Wilson's career-defining game.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Packers are pissing this game away (or trying to). Three man pass rushes are always stupid. I can't believe NFL teams somehow haven't figured that out. If you give a QB all-day to throw he's going to find someone open down the field. And then just concede the three damn points and plan to defend the fake. Piss poor coaching.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not sure why Seattle didn't go for two there. Your offense has been struggling all day, you need shenanigans to score, and there's not much difference between a 9- and 10-point deficit.

Most foaches don' t "chase points" there but I agree...they do not look like they can score twice.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Not sure why Seattle didn't go for two there. Your offense has been struggling all day, you need shenanigans to score, and there's not much difference between a 9- and 10-point deficit.

Most foaches don' t "chase points" there but I agree...they do not look like they can score twice.

It's been a while since I've heard it mentioned, but I recall coaches typically followed a chart that determined if they should go for the point after or two in various game situations. Anyone know if that's still the case?

While I hate how conservative NFL coaches usually are, I'm typically not a fan of chasing points this early. But with how inept Seattle's offense looks... I'd have gone for two.

IUe6Hvh.png

At this point, you worry about the number of possessions left in the game. Disregard the 2-point cheat sheet. Gotta go with the feel of the game.

16-7 or 16-6, you still need a touchdown, a quick 3-n-out stop, and either a FG or TD, and likely another stop.

At 16-8, all you need is a touchdown with a 2-pointer. Less pressure on the defense to be perfect. Hell, at 19-8 (with the Packers driving here), still just need a TD+2 and a FG. 19-7, you gotta have two touchdowns.

Rodgers will win another ring this year. He's stupid good. I hate him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived