2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

59-24

43-22

42-20

45-7

I mean, how do you explain this? The Colts have been such a byproduct of their terrible division over the past two seasons. I'm a huge fan of Andrew Luck and have no criticisms about his performance; he's the biggest reason the Colts have accomplished what they even have accomplished in the past three seasons. I was so disappointed watching the Colts win last week because, not unknowing how broken Peyton Manning was at the time, I was certain Denver would've given a stiffer challenge tonight. Winning outright? Probably not, but Indy truly stood no chance of winning this game, and it's shown tonight.

Damn. Maybe it would've been easier if the Ravens had just held on to either one of the two 14-point leads they held last week.

spacer.png

As smart as everyone in the Patriots organization is supposed to be, they still had him out there throwing while up by 38 late in the 4th quarter.

Edit: and he's out there again. I hope one of his legs fall off.

As smart as everyone in the Patriots organization is supposed to be, they still had him out there throwing while up by 38 late in the 4th quarter.

Can you imagine if he got hurt playing in a rout and had to miss the Super Bowl? What a story that would be!

IUe6Hvh.png

Denver got pants'ed in New England earlier this season, and that was when Peyton was healthy. I wouldn't have been shocked if the Patriots were beating the Broncos by this same score tonight.

So...Pete Carroll's current employer versus his former employer. Who's ready to hear that for two weeks?

Denver got pants'ed in New England earlier this season, and that was when Peyton was healthy. I wouldn't have been shocked if the Patriots were beating the Broncos by this same score tonight.

So...Pete Carroll's current employer versus his former employer. Who's ready to hear that for two weeks?

Not that the Broncos could've beaten the Pats because the Broncos simply weren't any good at the end of the season, but I will say that Denver lost to New England last season in much more embarrassing fashion than this season and proceeded to boat-race New England in the playoffs, so I don't know if the earlier-mid season games are any indication.

IUe6Hvh.png

This Super Bowl's going to be a snorefest for anyone not in the Pacific Northwest or the New England area.

Indy cannot even get out of their own way.

How do you figure? I think a lot of people would have interest in watching the two clearly best teams face each other. While I didn't see the NFC game or first half of the afc, it seems like this SB could be one of the all time great match ups.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, yeah, there's a reason I qualified that statement. We knew what Peyton Manning's health was after they lost last week. It doesn't take away from what I was thinking while watching that game and not knowing his health status. And, really, if Denver wins last week, we still wouldn't know about the torn quad injury.

The more basic point dealt with Denver being better equipped to give New England a challenge in Foxboro, anyway. It would've surprised me if New England blitzed Denver the way they did Indy tonight. Given the track record of Indy's last three games against New England, this score is no shock at all.

spacer.png

This Super Bowl's going to be a snorefest for anyone not in the Pacific Northwest or the New England area.

Indy cannot even get out of their own way.

How do you figure? I think a lot of people would have interest in watching the two clearly best teams face each other. While I didn't see the NFC game or first half of the afc, it seems like this SB could be one of the all time great match ups.

I think it's one of the rare SB matchups we'll actually see contrasting dynastic systems. Seahawks are not near a dynasty but they are on a historic roll with Wilson-Lynch-Sherman.

That they'll face Belichick & Brady in a SB is great for the game.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I guess so; I was just talking about the point that both the Patriots and Seahawks are two reviled teams and have really strong fanbases in their sphere of influence around their stadium.

And people will still watch this game regardless; because it's the Super Bowl after all.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I guess so; I was just talking about the point that both the Patriots and Seahawks are two reviled teams and have really strong fanbases in their sphere of influence around their stadium.

And people will still watch this game regardless; because it's the Super Bowl after all.

You could say that about 3/4 of teams in the league. All great teams are "reviled", and most (if not all) have huge local fan bases (and some have national fan bases). It's no different than just about any other SB, except for the quality of the teams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Weird world we live in where the Seahawks are now considered a "reviled" team. I mean, I can see why they might be perceived that way, but at no point in the last three seasons have they even come close to gaining my dislike, let alone being anywhere near the Patriots in terms of how I revile them.

So Vet says it and that makes it fact? He'll like that. B)

BB52Big.jpg

This Super Bowl matchup has a very interesting storyline to me:

On one side, you have New England, the dynasty team of the 00's, with Tom Brady looking to finally get his fourth ring, something only Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana have achieved.

On the other side, you have Seattle, the defending champions looking to repeat and perhaps springboard themselves towards becoming a potential dynasty of their own. If they were to win this SB and then another, they'd arguably be the dynasty of the 10's.

ICXC NIKA

Archived