TheSoundofThrowingPennies

2014 NFL Season Thread

Welker gets suspended 4 games for PEDs(amphetamines).

...via amphetamine-laced molly taken at the Kentucky Derby. What a moron.

That explains why he made it rain at the Derby.

What a shame.
Heartbreaking.

What a shame.
Heartbreaking.
But when he returns it will be a classic game
he'll be fiesty and full of emotion

What a shame.
Heartbreaking.

We'll see...

What a shame.
Heartbreaking.

Hawk Harrelson approves.

Everyone knows damn well Jerry Jones signed Michael Sam to get publicity/money/jersey sales out of him... Yeah the Cowboys defense is hurting, but come on... Let's be real here

Everyone knows damn well Jerry Jones signed Michael Sam to get publicity/money/jersey sales out of him... Yeah the Cowboys defense is hurting, but come on... Let's be real here

Doesn't all 32 teams share jersey revenue except for those sold at the stadium concessions.

Doesn't all 32 teams share jersey revenue except for those sold at the stadium concessions.
Sam was 7th in jersey sales this preseason with the Rams... Cowboys are the richest NFL team and very popular. That would shoot Sam jersey sales by 100 miles.

I think Dallas has their own merchandising contract, so some of the Sam sales will be directly pocketed by the team exclusively. Good move by the front office, financially.

Welker: "I apologize to all my fans for taking these medications. I don't know how they got into my body, but I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart for taking these medications."

I think Dallas has their own merchandising contract, so some of the Sam sales will be directly pocketed by the team exclusively. Good move by the front office, financially.

Correct, the Cowboys have their own company which produces and distributes team branded merchandise. Royalties on player items, like jerseys, are still distributed to the players.

Also, keep in mind that like the local broadcast/blackout area, teams get to keep all team related revenue within the same radius. If it is bought on say nflshop.com, it is split with the other member teams.

Bring it Legion of Boom.

What did you expect from Bronco?

Has nothing to do with the organization. He's just an idiot.

I think the joke went over your head ^_^

Hopefully tonight's Packers-Seahawks game is a classic. I have this matchup as one of my NFC Championship game matchups.

We'll see

Hopefully tonight's Packers-Seahawks game is a classic. I have this matchup as one of my NFC Championship game matchups.

We'll see
Is it Super Bowl or bust for Seattle this year?

We'll see
Is it Super Bowl or bust for Seattle this year?
if not it's gonna be heartbreaking

Was it just me, or did the "Countdown to Kickoff" end a full ten minutes before kickoff?