2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bill Belicheck told we it was Thursday I would not believe him he is a disgusting lowdown cheating snake.

Yikes, Tank, those are some harsh words. Where does all that venom stem from?

Probably being a Dolphins fan.

FWIW I'll be fine if the end result of this is that Belichick retires at the end of this season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Everyone makes fun of NFL people for always using the word "football" when the word "football" is not entirely necessary -- e.g., "what this football team needs to do is run the football and pass the football if they want to score against the other football team in this football game" -- but man, this is the one and only time I wish everyone were saying "footballs" instead of "balls."

Is all this talk about balls driving you nutty?

It's going to be funny when Belicheat's attempt to throw Brady under the bus for this convinces Goodell to slap them on the wrist. When the Saints cheated, Goodell made a big deal about how "ignorance isn't an excuse." Yet just watch: it'll be an considered a good enough excuse for Belicheat.

The funny thing is, it might have actually been a better ploy for the Patriots if BB had taken all the responsibility instead of deflecting it onto Brady. If Bill - who had previously been caught cheating - takes all of the blame, then he looks like the one bad egg in the bunch. By throwing others under the bus and denying involvement instead, though, now the entire organization looks shady.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I make no secret of my hatrid of the Patriots, there is not a team in the four majors and NCAA that I hate more. There is not a coach I hate more than Belicheat and there is not a player I hate more than Brady.

They are good but they are so arrogant and flaunt the rules. Brady gets sneezed on and whines to the ref he knows the footballs were soft and he laughs.

This is what gets me they are so much better than the Colts there was no need to do this unless you cheat for cheating sake.

Teams across the league know the Patriots Games they even bring their own locks to Foxboro because of the Pats shanigans.

So besides having them in my team's division they are vile and disgusting and everything wrong with sports, in addition they are in Boston and loved by ESPN.

As a New York fan I hate everything Boston, except the Celtics (Irish and Larry Bird thing) so just put that on the top and its now I hate the Patriots more than a like the Dolphins. I am happier when the Pats lose than when the Dolphins win.

Ive hated many teams in the past.

I hated the old Bills of the 90's but Marv Leavy and Jim Kelly both class acts.

I hated the Braves of the 90's but damn Greg Maddux was everything good about baseball

I hated the Lakers of every era, Shaq is Newarker so I like him when he played elsewhere

I hate the Flyers but laugh and smile at the teams from the 70's

However, the Patriots have no redeeming qualities. NONE

Tom Brady is arrogant pretty boy

Belicheat is nasty to everyone and a cheater. He is the real life Cobra Kai instructor yelling at his team go for the leg, and saying mercy is weakness as his students bully everyone

Gronk is a meathead simple as that he is the type of guy you just want to see punched square in the face.

LaGarrette Blount walks off on the Steelers punches Boise State fans in the face and gets a chance to go to the top team in the AFC sickening.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

How dare Tom Brady be both talented and attractive.

How dare Bill Belichik focus on coaching his team and not being super friendly to media.

How dare Rob Gronkowski be personable and athletic.

How dare LaGarrette Blount exercise his right to seek a better employment opportunity.

Take them to Caesar! Crucify all of them!

I didn't think this was being overblown until the drive home from work today... the biggest sports station and the biggest news station in town (both owned by the same company, no less) both carried the Brady press conference for 33 minutes of nothing. Holy cow.

it isn't even known whether the Patriots deflated the footballs on purpose. (They were only 1.0 psi below the limit) The balls are tested by the refs indoors and outside in the cold they can easily lose air pressure. If they were on the lower leven indoors then it is obvious that they'd be below the limit on a cold day outside in Foxboro.

The Patriots' footballs were 2 psi below the limit, not 1. And the Colts' footballs hadn't dipped below the limit. If the footballs deflated by 2 psi naturally, then both teams' footballs would have been deemed illegal. The upper limit for legal footballs is 13.5 psi, a 2 psi drop would have resulted in footballs deflated to an illegal 11.5 psi. Since the Colts' footballs were still within the acceptable range at halftime, it is not possible that the weather would deflate only one team's footballs.

The reports that are out stated the the refs inspected the footballs prior to the game, but do not specifically mention the use a pressure monitor (they seem to stress the use of a monitor at halftime). If the Patriots gave the refs low PSI footballs and the refs approved them, then the Patriots did nothing wrong by using an "approved" football, regardless of how they were inflated (just like if Aaron Rogers gets an over-inflated football approved).

If the refs checked the PSI prior to the game and the footballs were within normal limits, but were then were low at halftime, then there is skulduggery afoot.

The problem I have with both Brady's and Belichek's pressers is that generally speaking if someone accused you of cheating there would be at least some bit of anger (even if faked) at having your reputation dragged through the mud. None of this was seen with either. Having dealt with a lot of obviously guilty people this is the vibe they are giving off and they don't care.

At the end of the day the penalty for the Pats will be loss of the post-game buffet and being forced to fly to Glendale on regional jets.

As I've stated before, this is silly, and actually making me like the Patriots (in the way you like a heel that you're not supposed to.)

Lots of teams probably do similar things. The process enables it (refs checking 2 hrs pre game then letting teams do whatever).

If it was my team, my coach, and my QB doing this id be laughing and calling them geniuses ( and so would most of you - you know it.)

In fact, if my team had an opportunity do gain an advantage by doing such an easy little thing and DIDNT do it, I'd think they were idiots.

This is more like a rolling stop than DUI. it's silly. Sports are funny*. Have fun with it.

*except for Donovan McNabb and his disgusting fat failure apologist crappy father coach Andy Reid. Nothing funny about either of those wastes of oxygen. Everything else sports wise is funny.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived