2014 NFL Season Thread

I wasn't moved on my Tom Brady opinion BTW. He threw two interceptions and needed the dumbest single play call and his defense to bail him out to win his first title in ten years. F*** the patriots.

Yeah, but he did pull off a pretty impressive drive to put his team in the lead.

Yep. Brady solidified his legacy as the greatest of his era.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the dumbest single play call I can remember. Give it to Marshawn Lynch again and you have a second super bowl ring, there's a parade down 3rd avenue, and McCarthy gets to miss a day of work.

I hate Pete Carroll now more than ever.

Didn't Bevell make the call?

Yes and he's a f****** idiot and Carroll should've said something. I can't even think of another play call that was so stupid. There's not another one in the same strastophere.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I reaccess what someone said earlier: The Patriots did not win this game. The Seahawks lost the game they should have had.

That's a pretty dumb opinion. The Patriots came back to take the lead after Seattle failed several times to put it away, and Seattle wouldn't have even been in the situation to make a stupid play call if not for the second craziest circus catch in SB history. Seattle had to get lucky just to be dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Whoever wears the white jersey wins the Super Bowl. Sorry Seattle.

I guess the Packers didn't win in 2010.

Of course they won the Super Bowl that year, did you not see it? New England won two out of three wearing the blue jersey back in 04' and 02', Tampa Bay wore red in 03' and won! I won't see another team wear the dark jersey and win the Super Bowl next year or any other year! I'm only saying that in a careful tone.

I wasn't moved on my Tom Brady opinion BTW. He threw two interceptions and needed the dumbest single play call and his defense to bail him out to win his first title in ten years. F*** the patriots.

Yeah, but he did pull off a pretty impressive drive to put his team in the lead.

Agreed. Whether we like it or not, the Brady - Belichick era Patriots are one of the greatest teams of all time. In my opinion, Belichick is the greatest head coach ever. As for Tom Brady, well, I'll never be convinced any QB is as good as Joe Montana but I'm fine with putting Brady in the #2 all-time slot.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, I wasn't either. Everything he threw seemed to be within five yards of the line of scrimmage. I'd give the MVP to the kid who made the INT. Or Edelman, to be honest.

But...but..he's an NFL quarterback. You have to give him the MVP by default...

It's weird how one play made the difference between how we're discussing Brady and the Patriots.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Agreed. Whether we like it or not, the Brady - Belichick era Patriots are one of the greatest teams of all time. In my opinion, Belichick is the greatest head coach ever. As for Tom Brady, well, I'll never be convinced any QB is as good as Joe Montana but I'm fine with putting Brady in the #2 all-time slot.

That's the thing, though. Brady has benefited greatly quite a bit from playing under Belichick, so who honestly knows? Brady's obviously a great QB with great success... but is he even in the conversation if he gets drafted by some other franchise and never hooks up with Belichick? I don't see it.

It's weird how one play made the difference between how we're discussing Brady and the Patriots.

Yeah, one play that didn't even involve Brady.

IUe6Hvh.png

I reaccess what someone said earlier: The Patriots did not win this game. The Seahawks lost the game they should have had.

Ok, just so I understand... when the Seahawks intercept Brady, that was just great plays by Seattle, but when the Patriots get an interception, it's because the Seahawks blew it?

Got it.... makes perfect sense.

Well that's fine with me, but I'll play the devil's advocate and point out Montanta did not get to six Super Bowls.

I saw, I came, I left.

Whoever wears the white jersey wins the Super Bowl. Sorry Seattle.

I guess the Packers didn't win in 2010.

Of course they won the Super Bowl that year, did you not see it?

Off the top of my head...teams that won the Super Bowl wearing white jerseys... Packers, Jets, Colts, Cowboys, Dolphins, Steelers, Raiders, Bears, Washington, 49ers, Broncos, Rams, Ravens, Patriots, Saints...that's all I can come up with.

BB52Big.jpg

Ok, just so I understand... when the Seahawks intercept Brady, that was just great plays by Seattle, but when the Patriots get an interception, it's because the Seahawks blew it?

Got it.... makes perfect sense.

Well, I don't agree with his opinion and find that kind of talk to be somewhat stupid in general... but if the Seahawks run the ball down the Patriots throat three times they at least take the lead (most likely anyways) so it was kind of Seattle pissing the game away.

IUe6Hvh.png

That's the thing, though. Brady has benefited greatly quite a bit from playing under Belichick, so who honestly knows? Brady's obviously a great QB with great success... but is he even in the conversation if he gets drafted by some other franchise and never hooks up with Belichick? I don't see it.

It's not like Bill Walsh was some no-name chump. Every quarterback who won multiple titles had a good coach.

That's counter-factual. Maybe Phillip Rivers the undisputed GOAT if Eli doesn't demand to be traded from the Chargers. It's all a lot of guesswork and nothing really substantial.

Brady has the rings and the statistics to solidify his status as the best of his era. His only competition is a guy who got steamrolled by the same defence Brady went toe to toe with. You don't have to like him but Brady ended up on top.

Well that's fine with me, but I'll play the devil's advocate and point out Montanta did not get to six Super Bowls.

No, but Montana won his Super Bowls back when defense was still legal in the NFL.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived