2014 NFL Season Thread

To chime in about the call: Was it a good call? Hell no. Was it a bad call? I don't think a pass play was a bad call, per se, but I just think the pass itself was too risky. Keep in mind that Seattle only had about 22 seconds with one timeout, so they may have had to take a quick shot at the endzone at some point. Lynch didn't have a fantastic game in my eyes, but I DO think that he definitely could've gotten that 1 or 2 yards. Hell, Tom Brady can sneak for that many. I know it wasn't the best call, but I don't think it's as stupid as people are saying.

Ohh, no. It was a stupid call. Literally, I can't remember seeing a more stupid of a call in a Super Bowl. They have 3 tries to gain one yard in about 20 seconds. They have one of the leagues premier running backs and they didn't give him a shot.

Edit: on a side note, hopefully this will end the collective penis fondling on Russell Wilson by the media.

To chime in about the call: Was it a good call? Hell no. Was it a bad call? I don't think a pass play was a bad call, per se, but I just think the pass itself was too risky. Keep in mind that Seattle only had about 22 seconds with one timeout, so they may have had to take a quick shot at the endzone at some point. Lynch didn't have a fantastic game in my eyes, but I DO think that he definitely could've gotten that 1 or 2 yards. Hell, Tom Brady can sneak for that many. I know it wasn't the best call, but I don't think it's as stupid as people are saying.

Ohh, no. It was a stupid call. Literally, I can't remember seeing a more stupid of a call in a Super Bowl. They have 3 tries to gain one yard in about 20 seconds. They have one of the leagues premier running backs and they didn't give him a shot.

Edit: on a side note, hopefully this will end the collective penis fondling on Russell Wilson by the media.

Except Russell Wilson is indeed really, really good. He deserves the credit he gets. His accuracy is ridiculous. His mobility is damn good too.

I don't think he is any less of a player after this game. The guy deserved all the good praise that came his way. He won't be the last QB to make an ill advised throw. Hell, one of the greats threw several in this very game last year.

No, I know. He's a very good player. A damn good QB who would start on most teams, but he isn't in the upper echelon of QB's yet. Every football analyst talks about him like he's the greatest quarterback who's ever lived. He could very well put himself in that conversation, but he isn't there yet. That's what I'm getting at.

No, I know. He's a very good player. A damn good QB who would start on most teams, but he isn't in the upper echelon of QB's yet. Every football analyst talks about him like he's the greatest quarterback who's ever lived. He could very well put himself in that conversation, but he isn't there yet. That's what I'm getting at.

Really? I haven't heard many who claim him to be much more than average. If anything, I've heard more people say that he's basically living off of his defense.

That's how sports work. If they don't get the TD with 6 sec left in first half, Carrol is an idiot. You can only evaluate what actually happened. It's fun to ponder "what if", but when actually judging or ranking, only facts should count.

Exactly. If they got in after the circus catch, Brady & BB are 3-3, 0-3 last three trips, & dealing with failed legacy chatter. Now the 4th win bridges their era further than any in NFL history, & strengthens the bookend to their careers.

Sports. That's what it is.

Tonight, my money would have gone to Edleman or Vereen, but alas, Brady simply being the quarterback of the Super Bowl-winning team was the sway needed for him to take home his 3rd game MVP.

Yeah, all night in my head I'd pencilled Vereen as MVP, not least his one hander deflector catch. Until the final drive when Brady was 8 for 8 with the winning TD.

Agreed. If you have to throw the ball there, you have to go playaction from under center. Rolling Russell Wilson out of the pocket would've been alright... But that play was terrible. Running a pick/rub also puts you at risk of offensive pass interference.

I'm upset because not running Lynch cost us Lynch winning the MVP.

"Marshawn Lynch, you just won The Super Bowl, what are you going to do now?"

"I'm only doing this so I don't get fined."

I don't think he is any less of a player after this game. The guy deserved all the good praise that came his way. He won't be the last QB to make an ill advised throw. Hell, one of the greats threw several in this very game last year.

If Manning threw that ball (regardless of it being a bad playcall by the staff) he'd never live it down. This may end up being his career-definer. One more choke in the postseason and that will be his legacy.

I'm upset because not running Lynch cost us Lynch winning the MVP.

"Marshawn Lynch, you just won The Super Bowl, what are you going to do now?"

"I'm only doing this so I don't get fined."

"I'm only going to Disney World so I don't get fined."

Brady had 4 TDs, set a record for completions in a single Super Bowl, and set the record for most career Super Bowl TDs. I'm not usually one to defend Brady, but how does that not warrant an MVP? Sure the passes were short, but that was the gameplan; and sure he had 2 interceptions, but how many MVPs have had a flawless game?

Before last night I hadn't seen another team lose a game in the same fashion as the Dublin Football League Senior Division Vikings in 2000. That's how dumb that call was.

I'll give you some context: When I was in sixth grade the youth football team I played on went 0-8 and didn't score a single point the entire season. In our last game we were losing 6-0 and we were driving the ball. We made it all the way to the one yard line with about thirty seconds left. Not only were we about to score, but we were about to win too. Our moron of a coach called a pass play, which I the center knew was a bad idea as I was walking to the line. 12 year olds can barely pass the ball, and our dip :censored: QB threw an interception in the endzone. I have never cried so hard in my life.

Congrats to the Seahawks on making the exact same mistakes as the dumbest youth football team ever.

As a Seahawks fan, I'm extremely upset about the offensive play call at the end. Maybe the emotions are getting the best of me but Bevell should be let go. You make the worst call ever on the biggest play, on the biggest stage. As far as the whole Brady being the greatest is so greatly subjective. He played a good game but not a great game last night. But he will be catapulted to the top, I'm sure. IMO, Montana (I couldn't stand him either) was a much better QB. I'd still take Peyton Manning over Brady. But like I said, it's a very subjective issue.

As a Seahawks fan, I'm extremely upset about the offensive play call at the end. Maybe the emotions are getting the best of me but Bevell should be let go. You make the worst call ever on the biggest play, on the biggest stage. As far as the whole Brady being the greatest is so greatly subjective. He played a good game but not a great game last night. But he will be catapulted to the top, I'm sure. IMO, Montana (I couldn't stand him either) was a much better QB. I'd still take Peyton Manning over Brady. But like I said, it's a very subjective issue.

Just out of curiosity, what could anybody find dislikeable about Joe Montana? Unless it's just that you were a fan of a team he was constantly beating, I guess...

Just out of curiosity, what could anybody find dislikeable about Joe Montana? Unless it's just that you were a fan of a team he was constantly beating, I guess...

I was young and didn't like 49ers winning all of the time.

• IceCap locked this topic