2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So basically, as McCarthy notes, the AFC is broken. And eff the Patriots big time.

It's not just the AFC. It seems to be a problem for both conferences. And it's been around a while.

Teams with at least 4 Super Bowl appearances:

New England - 8

Pittsburgh - 8

Giants - 6

Dallas - 7

Denver - 6

Washington - 5

Oakland - 5

San Francisco - 5

Green Bay - 5

Miami - 5

Buffalo - 4

Minnesota - 4

Colts - 4

6 teams account for 32 of the NFC's 49 Super Bowl appearances. That number only goes up to 8 when you throw in three each by the Rams and Seahawks. Or 8 teams accounting for 38 of the NFC's 49 appearances.

7 teams account for 40 of the AFC's 49 Super Bowl appearances. The only other AFC teams with more than one SB appearance - Baltimore, KC, and Cincy with 2 each for a total of 10 teams accounting for 46 of 49 appearances.

In essence, it's pretty much always been the same teams.

I'm not sure if something got out of alignment in your list or I misunderstood, but the Cowboys have been to 8 Super Bowls. That much I know.

Looks like the Broncos (7) and Giants (5) are wrong, too. Maybe others?

So basically, as McCarthy notes, the AFC is broken. And eff the Patriots big time.

It's not just the AFC. It seems to be a problem for both conferences. And it's been around a while.

Teams with at least 4 Super Bowl appearances:

New England - 8

Pittsburgh - 8

Giants - 6

Dallas - 7

Denver - 6

Washington - 5

Oakland - 5

San Francisco - 5

Green Bay - 5

Miami - 5

Buffalo - 4

Minnesota - 4

Colts - 4

6 teams account for 32 of the NFC's 49 Super Bowl appearances. That number only goes up to 8 when you throw in three each by the Rams and Seahawks. Or 8 teams accounting for 38 of the NFC's 49 appearances.

7 teams account for 40 of the AFC's 49 Super Bowl appearances. The only other AFC teams with more than one SB appearance - Baltimore, KC, and Cincy with 2 each for a total of 10 teams accounting for 46 of 49 appearances.

In essence, it's pretty much always been the same teams.

I'm not sure if something got out of alignment in your list or I misunderstood, but the Cowboys have been to 8 Super Bowls. That much I know.

Looks like the Broncos (7) and Giants (5) are wrong, too. Maybe others?

I did it off the top of my head so I was bound to miss a few. I corrected the original post.

BB52Big.jpg

Looks staged to me... dude was way too calm and then suddenly "raged" on the TV, which looked old and useless anyway.

Yup. The guy with the camera asked him to repeat what he said so he said it louder the second time like he was making sure we heard him. And the other people in the room had no reaction to some idiot ramming his head into a TV.

BB52Big.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 10/27/2014 at 6:47 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

Pretty sure I saw our own DeFrank on ESPN. The Redskins were talking about Kerrigan's failed "Lambeau Leap" against the Falcons on the segment C'mon Man! and DeFrank was in the group of fans Kerrigan jumped into.

I just searched my name and this came up. Yes, that was me. How the hell did you recognize me?!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• IceCap locked this topic

Archived