TheSoundofThrowingPennies

2014 NFL Season Thread

Soldier Field turf has claimed 5 or 6 Bears starters today with ankle injuries. But hey, it's a home field advantage, right?

Did I just see on the NFL.com score center that Cleveland has tied the game after being down 24-3? Wow.

Holy crap. The Steelers secondary looks like the :censored: ing Miami Hurricanes secondary vs. Teddy Bridgewater this half. Absolutely HORRIBLE football. This is just unacceptable. The defense just gave up this half. This is going to be awful if we lose.

Nate Solder proves that all you need to do in the NFL is be big and you've got a job.

Wait a minute...are you allowed to touch the quarterback? Because the refs just waited a good 5 minutes before flagging Chandler Jones for sacking Ryan Tannenhill.

There will be a new graphic next week. Football just...sucks...right now. I can't believe those idiot Pollyannas thought this was a playoff team.

DonValentinoRamslose_zps2d1f8913.jpg

The worst performance I've ever seen by the Patriots. All around, no one played well.

How do you think the Rams will do if Shaun Hill is out for an extended period of time?

My thoughts are that the offense will struggle, but the defense, especially with that defensive line. I still don't see them winning more than 8 games

Great first half by the Steelers, but an awful second half. Thankfully they were able to pull it out.

The first half showed a lot of promise; hopefully we'll be able to win a weaker AFC North this year.

Bears once again are the Bears. Veterans like Cutler, Jared Allen, Brandon Marshall, Lance Briggs, and Tillman were collectively terrible. Turnover galore, sloppy, braindead mistakes, shoddy defense. It's going to be a long and awful season for this bunch of old pieces of monkey crap.

Great first half by the Steelers, but an awful second half. Thankfully they were able to pull it out.

The first half showed a lot of promise; hopefully we'll be able to win a weaker AFC North this year.

I gotta give the Browns some respect. They fought hard. It looked to me as if Pittsburgh changed the offensive scheme in the third. When they went back to the dump offs and throws towards the middle, they excelled.

Same ol' Redskins, 2 fumbles inside the redzone, both we could have easily won the game on, yet we get another frustrating loss. And RG3's career is over, he has sucked after that ACL injury, so much promise, 2 first round draft picks for one solid year.

I gotta give the Browns some respect. They fought hard. It looked to me as if Pittsburgh changed the offensive scheme in the third. When they went back to the dump offs and throws towards the middle, they excelled.

Yeah, I don't understand why they abandoned the dump passes. Those worked great.

How do you think the Rams will do if Shaun Hill is out for an extended period of time?

My thoughts are that the offense will struggle, but the defense, especially with that defensive line. I still don't see them winning more than 8 games

There is a strong suspicion that Shaun Hill's injury was a face-saving lie to cover his benching.

I'm just glad the Bills weren't awful. Keep not being awful, boys!

Packers Lose...

Bears Lose...

Our next two opponents lose...

Vikings Win...

Someone pinch me!

Damn lots and lots of red in Allas. Ridiculously easy first offensive drive for SF.