2014 NFL Season Thread

Back on topic, anyone think that the first mentioning of spygate after the 2002 Super Bowl might of been real now? And the NFL covered it up, bought the video guy out, and took any video evidence of it? I was really surprised that when the rumor/story first came out it really didn't go anywhere and no one was talking about it a week later. Then they get caught red handed a couple years later. Anyone think perhaps the NFL really didn't want any controversy swirling around the Super Bowl? Covered up the first rumor, then really couldn't do anything the second time around.

Wait, there were rumors of the Patriots spying immediately after that Super Bowl? Got any links to that? I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just genuinely curious because I don't remember that at all.

Never said it was immediately after. Just when the story first broke you didn't hear anything about it until they were actually caught. Could of been because there was no evidence, or could of been covered up. Like many other things we are learning the NFL covered up.

There was no story about it anywhere, find an article from 2002 that suggests the pats filmed the rams practices. Until then just you are just making stuff up.

Again, (and I hate having to repeat myself, especially when I clearly WROTE it out for you to READ) I never said it came out immediately after the Super Bowl or in 2002.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I think we've moved past the point of "protecting the shield," and the NFL has now become a huge, 24/7,12 month reality show. Everything it does draws more attention, good or bad, and will probably increase ratings.

It's gonna be such a great day when the NFL bubble finally bursts. I can't wait.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You know, I think we've moved past the point of "protecting the shield," and the NFL has now become a huge, 24/7,12 month reality show. Everything it does draws more attention, good or bad, and will probably increase ratings.

It's gonna be such a great day when the NFL bubble finally bursts. I can't wait.

I would also enjoy that, but I don't see it happening for a long time. Every year, more people who can't name six current players (in the whole league, not just their team) get into fantasy football. It's the stupidest :censored: ever, but it's at the point where it's almost bigger than the game itself. Also, people love getting together on Sundays, eating wings and drinking beer. Until something comes along that can replace football in terms of cultural significance, I don't see it losing ground. Most people don't like football because they like football, they like it because that's what people do from September through January. Also, gambling.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I thought baseball was back and here to stay in 2004. People love going to ballgames, eating hot dogs and drinking beer. Lots of people have fantasy teams -- it's the original fantasy sport. Then it turned out that there was a big problem with compromising the health of the players and the games got really long and boring.

The NFL has not planned for the possibility that the arrow could ever point down.

This whole Rice situation has given me an idea for a future blog post, so we can start to ponder what it would take for us to finally stop watching the product. Honestly, I'm getting a little closer every couple months.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

So even though the NFL is run by unfeeling, tone-deaf nincompoops, its teams are owned by extra-governmental tax-cheating grifters, its best players are miserable human beings, and half of current and most of the remaining players will die of dementia and may take their loved ones with them, I think it'll still be all right.

This is America in 2014. We all recognize who the monsters are. We also celebrate them and shower them with money. So long as we continue to celebrate and reward the worst among us, the cultural and economic vultures of our time will continue to do well. The NFL just so happens to be at the center of that particular Venn Diagram.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Does this classify as Domestic Abuse? I would figure so, but if it does that means at least a 6 game suspension correct?

Would be really sketchy for the NFL to not punish Peterson, especially since they are under so much heat

So even though the NFL is run by unfeeling, tone-deaf nincompoops, its teams are owned by extra-governmental tax-cheating grifters, its best players are miserable human beings, and half of current and most of the remaining players will die of dimension and may take their loved ones with them, I think it'll still be all right.

This is America in 2014. We all recognize who the monsters are. We also celebrate them and shower them with money. So long as we continue to celebrate and reward the worst among us, the cultural and economic vultures of our time will continue to do well. The NFL just so happens to be at the center of that particular Venn Diagram.

Thanks for ruining my whole day. First it was rainy and cold, now this. Ugh.

So even though the NFL is run by unfeeling, tone-deaf nincompoops, its teams are owned by extra-governmental tax-cheating grifters, its best players are miserable human beings, and half of current and most of the remaining players will die of dimension and may take their loved ones with them, I think it'll still be all right.

With your permission, I would like to copy and paste the first paragraph as my facebook status.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child's back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum

Scrotum! This sick son of a bitch was whipping his son's nuts with a stick! Why even have so many kids if you're going to whip their nuts with a stick?

"Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I'm all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!"

I'm all tearing that butt up when needed.

Archived