2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to be playing for the Yankees and Patriots to be a good guy in the NFL.

Well, I suppose Aaron Hernandez isn't playing right now. Crackerjack point, o gooey one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Although I obviously don't condone abuse/domestic violence, the red-headed woman's point is intriguing. Let me tell you, If i was that woman and I was dating a professional athlete who works out for a living, I would not have spit at him or hit him. Now I believe Ray was wrong and his punishment is fair, but i just thought that was interesting

Why should that matter?

Everyone wearing a Ray Rice jersey is the worst.

I wonder if this is some sort of for-Rice and for-NFLPA, against-NFL stance these fans are taking. (I haven't seen this video and don't plan on watching it, so someone will have to fill me in on what it was about.)

Rice beat his girlfriend-now-wife, and he should be taking all the criticism and public outrage one could possibly get. But, to Rice's credit (at least, to all the reports that keep popping up)....he hasn't been lying about or trying to cover up what all went on, unlike what the NFL is being accused of doing.

Everything that Peterson is going through is a bunch of bologna. I was spanked as a kid and I had to pick my own switch off the tree and believe me, if it was not good enough, the punishment would have been 10x worse. I am proud that Peterson is trying to instill discipline in his kids and they will be much better for when they are older. Spankings are a better form of discipline than the stupid "time-out" rule which does not teach a kid nothing!

Look at the pictures, read his texts, and then come back once you're informed enough to discuss the issue at hand.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Everything that Peterson is going through is a bunch of bologna. I was spanked as a kid and I had to pick my own switch off the tree and believe me, if it was not good enough, the punishment would have been 10x worse. I am proud that Peterson is trying to instill discipline in his kids and they will be much better for when they are older. Spankings are a better form of discipline than the stupid "time-out" rule which does not teach a kid nothing!

You goddamn stupid eunuch, the kid had welts on his nutsack. This isn't a smack on the ass, this is taking an object and repeatedly whipping a kid with it until he bruises and bleeds. That's abuse, and I don't care if you think you turned out fine. Guess what? As per your creepy, ignorant post, you didn't.

I hope you never have children.

Striking a child, especially a toddler, is wrong. Criminal, even.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

You goddamn stupid eunuch, the kid had welts on his nutsack. This isn't a smack on the ass, this is taking an object and repeatedly whipping a kid with it until he bruises and bleeds. That's abuse, and I don't care if you think you turned out fine. Guess what? As per your creepy, ignorant post, you didn't.

There is no since in using the GD word! I just now seen the pictures and yes there are welps on the kid and that is not appropriate for the childs age. So I was wrong and I will admit that is a kind manner as I don't have a problem admitting it. I thought the kid was older as that is what I heard from a co-worker, so next time I will read the whole story before posting.

spacer.png

I wonder if this is some sort of for-Rice and for-NFLPA, against-NFL stance these fans are taking. (I haven't seen this video and don't plan on watching it, so someone will have to fill me in on what it was about.)

Nah, I think you're attributing way too much capacity for nuance to people who tailgate on Thursdays.

Is this the beginning of the end for the NFL? I mean, we're all here complaining about how oversaturated the NFL is and now there's the drug testing controversy, Ray Rice and the "see no evil" NFL, Adrian Peterson's switch and more CTE stuff. I mean I don't think the NFL will ever die, but something's going to break.

But hey, remember when Michael Sam was the distraction?

IbjBaeE.png

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/08/ray-lewis-there-is-no-comparison-between-me-and-ray-rice/

Ray Lewis: "There is no comparison between me and Ray Rice. It’s night and day.”

Yeah, Ray Lewis only killed a couple guys, hid the evidence and lied to the police about it. Ray Rice looks like a :censored: saint in comparison. I'm not defending Rice, but if anyone but Ray Lewis said that, I would have just assumed that they meant Ray Lewis was worse. And the Ravens stood behind one guy and ran as fast as they could from the other. Don't commit your crimes on video.

I "love" all the whining coming from fantasy football players over the last few days, bitching because Peterson's situation has placed them in a bind. Eff that! Real life is more important than your freaking "fantasy" team. It's time fanatics, of both the NFL and ff, realize that their "players" are just people and can, from time to time, commit crimes.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived